Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11/28/17 Sleevers-Where you at?!

Hi all! I'm new to the site. I had the Sleeve done 11/28/17, and I'm wondering who else had theirs done on or around that date and how you're doing? I had to do the 2 week liquid pre-op diet, so in the total 4 weeks that I was on liquids pre and post op, I lost 26 lbs. I'm on mushed foods now, I'm 3 weeks post-op today and down 12 lbs since surgery, and the weight loss is slowing like crazy. I'm getting so frustrated, even though I know I shouldn't be so focused on the scale. I'm eating 400-500 calories a day and hitting my liquid and Protein goals. I feel like the scale should be zooming downward!!!! This past week I lost 1 lb. ONE POUND! Come oooon!! Lol Just curious how others are doing! So far I've had absolutely NO nausea since surgery, and I've tolerated all of the mushy foods I've eaten *knock on wood!*.

11/28 as well
Down 19 from surgery and 40 since 3 week pre-op diet.

Only 1-2 lbs the last 10days or so.
Protein has been an issue for me, so hopefully getting back on track on that will help.
I also returned to work, so I think that has made eating harder. Haven’t really been able to find a routine yet.

Christmas break starts Friday, so hopefully I can really get back on track and lose more.

I’d like to lose another 30 or by end of Jan. Not sure how realistic that will be, but I’ll try.

Sounds like your doing everything right, just stay positive and keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll break through this stall soon.
I’ve realized that this is just as hard as everyone has been saying, lol. Go figure.

17 minutes ago, Toolman82 said:

11/28 as well
Down 19 from surgery and 40 since 3 week pre-op diet.

Only 1-2 lbs the last 10days or so.
Protein has been an issue for me, so hopefully getting back on track on that will help.
I also returned to work, so I think that has made eating harder. Haven’t really been able to find a routine yet.

Christmas break starts Friday, so hopefully I can really get back on track and lose more.

I’d like to lose another 30 or by end of Jan. Not sure how realistic that will be, but I’ll try.

Sounds like your doing everything right, just stay positive and keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll break through this stall soon.
I’ve realized that this is just as hard as everyone has been saying, lol. Go figure.

Great job! Good for you! I know it tends to come off a lot easier and faster for men. I'm in awe of your 40 lbs!! That's fabulous. I returned to work 2 weeks after surgery. Thankfully, I have a desk job, so it's easy enough for me to get my liquids and protein in. I can't imagine how people do it with busier jobs on their feet. Keep it up!

4 hours ago, AmyP619 said:

Hi all! I'm new to the site. I had the Sleeve done 11/28/17, and I'm wondering who else had theirs done on or around that date and how you're doing? I had to do the 2 week liquid pre-op diet, so in the total 4 weeks that I was on liquids pre and post op, I lost 26 lbs. I'm on mushed foods now, I'm 3 weeks post-op today and down 12 lbs since surgery, and the weight loss is slowing like crazy. I'm getting so frustrated, even though I know I shouldn't be so focused on the scale. I'm eating 400-500 calories a day and hitting my liquid and Protein goals. I feel like the scale should be zooming downward!!!! This past week I lost 1 lb. ONE POUND! Come oooon!! Lol Just curious how others are doing! So far I've had absolutely NO nausea since surgery, and I've tolerated all of the mushy foods I've eaten *knock on wood!*.

WOW, my surgery was the same day and my numbers/experience is almost exactly like you. At my 2 week post op meeting with the surgeon, I mentioned my "slow down" and she said it was expected and she was not concerned at all. She said it was "to soon". Im on a soft/pureed food bu I am eating mostly ground beef/Turkey and sometimes eggs. I made a meatloaf and handled that pretty well. 4-5 oz of food max for me at this time and averaging 500-600 calories a day. Not much hunger but I think that is slowly coming back also. Im on this for a total of 5 weeks, then back to normal food. Im started the gym today so hoping the weight loss increases. It better or I'm asking for my stomach back :)

I had my surgery 11/27 and down 21 lbs since surgery. I really only get hungry 1 time during the day but I'm always making sure that I'm staying hydrated. I'm not sure if you noticed but there have been a lot of articles about weight loss surgery, reading those have been interesting. But just realize everyone's body is different and takes differently from the surgery. So you could lose 1 lb this week and 2-3 lb next week. It's just how our bodies are. But your lucky to not get nausea I'm still getting nauseated. You got this! If you ever want to event you can reach out to me and I'll be happy to be a listening ear. But everything will be great! Just keep your head up!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on 11/29. I just went for my 2 week post op and have only lost 8 lbs.. I get my Protein and liquids in each day. My surgeon told me anything less than the last time was good because everyone’s bodies are different. He went ahead and advanced me to soft foods since I’ve tolerated everything so well. The only pain I had after surgery was from the gas. My surgery was on a Wednesday and I was back to work on Monday.. I have a very busy job as a correctional officer and have had no problems meeting my steps, protein and liquid goals.

I was sleeved on 11/29. I just went for my 2 week post op and have only lost 8 lbs.. I get my Protein and liquids in each day. My surgeon told me anything less than the last time was good because everyone’s bodies are different. He went ahead and advanced me to soft foods since I’ve tolerated everything so well. The only pain I had after surgery was from the gas. My surgery was on a Wednesday and I was back to work on Monday.. I have a very busy job as a correctional officer and have had no problems meeting my steps, Protein and liquid goals.

That’s a pretty quick turn around. Good for you!

I was sleeved 11/29 and have lost 28 lbs since surgery date and 50 lbs since 2 week pre op liquid diet. No complications, no issues with getting my recommended fluids in. My doctor has never stressed getting Protein in. They want veggies first then protein. Seems counter intuitive to most recommendations I've read on here. I'm just starting my soft food stage today.