Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going on 2wks post op, feeling great, 64+oz fluid, 1000 calories

I can't eat most things yet. I'm eating off the approved list, and a little bit into the next list (pureed/soft)....taking everything slowly, only eating what's comfortable. Doing my 70 minute rule.

Am enjoying:

Mashed potatoes

oatmeal

cream of wheat

baby meat sticks

yogurt

bean/pea Soup

canned chicken

sweet potato

cottage cheese

canned green Beans

fresh greens in my nutrabullet....set to liquefy with a little apple or prune juice for regularity

avacado

Tofu

Premier Protien...One caramel shake a day used as Creamer in my Decaf coffee

I'm walking about 6-7 miles a day, have incredible energy, am sleeping 7-8 hours a night, and am off most of my meds.

I'm eating 1000 calories a day, and getting at least 80g of protien. Sipping drinks nonstop.

Weight improves daily. Am pooping daily.

I read so many stories on this site about people who have problems....thought I'd add my positive experience to the stew.

No nausea. no pain. Feeling like a million bucks. Healing up great. Enjoying my diet, and looking forward to being able to tolerate more Proteins and veggies. Am dying for a salad...but know that's weeks away.

Some lessons I've learned:

If foods feel uncomfortable or gets stuck for a minute....you're not ready for them. Put them away for another week or two and try again cautiously.

If you feel uncomfortably full......get up and walk...it helps shake things loose.

Anything new....try a tiny little amount and WAIT 15 minutes. See how it feels. Listen to your body cues.

Eating super sugary food makes me sick. Sugary things are good for a bite...not a bowl, even a small bowl. Mom's Christmas cookie was NOT a good idea. A nibble would have been ok. Eating half a cookie...not so much. I was dumb and rationalized I was eating oatmeal, and the cookie was oatmeal....can't hurt, right? Wrong! Be very carful with heavily refined sugar products. The cookie triggered some nausea and I felt really crappy for a bit. It passed in 20 minutes, but I'd rather not repeat that.

I love oatmeal and cream of wheat with almond milk and splenda.

Greek yogurt is 12g of Protein a tub...try the whipped, it's awesome.

You can get instant oatmeal with extra Protein.

Canned chicken isn't as awful as I feared. Particularly in homemade Soups with Beans.

Decaf coffee doesn't taste like coffee....but it's not bad. I think of it as something similar to coffee...but not quite coffee. LOL

This isn't meant to be advice to anyone else....this is simply what's been working for me. I just wanted people to know that not everyone has a rough hellish experience. For some of us...the surgery is very easy on us and the changes are very tolerable:) Best wishes to each and everyone....on a safe healthy good outcome:)

Edited by Creekimp13

I can't eat most things yet. I'm eating off the approved list, and a little bit into the next list (pureed/soft)....taking everything slowly, only eating what's comfortable. Doing my 70 minute rule.
Am enjoying:
Mashed potatoes
oatmeal
cream of wheat
baby meat sticks
yogurt
bean/pea Soup
canned chicken
sweet potato
cottage cheese
canned green Beans
fresh greens in my nutrabullet....set to liquefy with a little apple or prune juice for regularity
avacado
Tofu
Premier Protien...One caramel shake a day used as creamer in my Decaf coffee
I'm walking about 6-7 miles a day, have incredible energy, am sleeping 7-8 hours a night, and am off most of my meds.
I'm eating 1000 calories a day, and getting at least 80g of protien. Sipping drinks nonstop.
Weight improves daily. Am pooping daily.
I read so many stories on this site about people who have problems....thought I'd add my positive experience to the stew.
No nausea. no pain. Feeling like a million bucks. Healing up great. Enjoying my diet, and looking forward to being able to tolerate more Proteins and veggies. Am dying for a salad...but know that's weeks away.
Some lessons I've learned:
If foods feel uncomfortable or gets stuck for a minute....you're not ready for them. Put them away for another week or two and try again cautiously.
If you feel uncomfortably full......get up and walk...it helps shake things loose.
Anything new....try a tiny little amount and WAIT 15 minutes. See how it feels. Listen to your body cues.
Eating super sugary food makes me sick. Sugary things are good for a bite...not a bowl, even a small bowl. Mom's Christmas cookie was NOT a good idea. A nibble would have been ok. Eating half a cookie...not so much. I was dumb and rationalized I was eating oatmeal, and the cookie was oatmeal....can't hurt, right? Wrong! Be very carful with heavily refined sugar products. The cookie triggered some nausea and I felt really crappy for a bit. It passed in 20 minutes, but I'd rather not repeat that.
I love oatmeal and cream of wheat with almond milk and splenda.
Greek yogurt is 12g of Protein a tub...try the whipped, it's awesome.
You can get instant oatmeal with extra Protein.
Canned chicken isn't as awful as I feared. Particularly in homemade Soups with Beans.
Decaf coffee doesn't taste like coffee....but it's not bad. I think of it as something similar to coffee...but not quite coffee. LOL
This isn't meant to be advice to anyone else....this is simply what's been working for me. I just wanted people to know that not everyone has a rough hellish experience. For some of us...the surgery is very easy on us and the changes are very tolerable:) Best wishes to each and everyone....on a safe healthy good outcome:)

First what is your 70min rule!!..
And OMG everything u said is what exactly how i feel to the "T" only thing i am not able to poop properly i started to blend prunes with some blueberrys and Protein Powder and now Miralax which is good...
Im two weeks tomorrow!!

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

70 minute rule:

Don't drink fluids for 10 minutes before eating.

Try to eat very slowly. Tiny bites. A meal should last 30 minutes....even if you're just getting in 3-4 ounces.

Don't drink for 30 minutes after you eat.

This is the standard advice of my nutritionist for sleeve patients. Keeps the food in the sleeve to aid digestion. Fluid can push food too fast and it gets uncomfortable. Best to do food or fluid...not both.

This has been really tough for me....cause i've always sipped fluids through meals. But I've gotta say it's way more comfortable if I follow the rule, and I feel more satisfied. Who knew?

Edited by Creekimp13

I honestly don't remember my nutritionist giving me a number of calories to aim for daily just Protein. But did they tell you that 1000 calories a day was the goal?

I'm about 5 weeks out and I haven't come close to that, so I'm genuinely curious.

1200 is the goal. I'm working up to it. Less than 1200 puts most people into a starvation metabolic mode that actually impedes weight loss long term. If I'm gonna reset my metabolism...I want it to set to an active calorie burning furnace, not a sluggish starvation mode. That's how the nutritionist explained it to me.

They didnt tell me calories ither...but they did tell me about not drinking till 30 mins after u eat ...@creekimp13 i thought 70 min rule was somthing else jajaja didnt know 10 mins before no drink i thought it was just after... This is y i love this app... I learn something new every day

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app