Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

5 Days post surgery....Today I licked a piece of meatloaf

I know I can't eat it...and I didn't. I really just kinda mashed it with my finger and tasted the juice on my finger. Tiny taste of juice...nothing solid.

God, I'm hungry.

First three days after surgery, just non-caloric Clear Liquids. Past two days I've added 4oz of Protien shakes every other hour.....and I'm getting seriously hungry.

Tuesday, at my one week check in, I'll get the green light on adding 4oz of strained Soup, or watery cream of wheat or oatmeal, or yogurt, or pudding. So...that really should help.

I was losing weight reliably on 1500-1800 calories a day. (lost 30 pounds in 6 months and never ate under 1500)

Presurgical diet was around 800 calories a day and lasted two weeks....then three days of zero calories...then two days of about 400 calories.

My brain feels like it's full of cotton. I forget everything and I'm just kinda...nutty. My energy is pretty good. I'm getting 10,000 steps a day without trying (I walk a little every half hour as directed...it adds up!). But I feel like I'm starving.

I know I have to protect the new sleeve, and go by the book....and I am. I am not cheating. I want to. God, I want to. But I'm not.

The stuff I'm craving isn't naughty...it's my old diet stuff. I'd kill for avacado toast on whole wheat with some low fat baby swiss and canadian bacon. Half a slice, and a cut up Tomato. I'd kill for all my diet food recipes that I've learned to love and miss dreadfully. I'd kill for a bite of an egg mcmuffin, or a steak salad, or some Thai stir fry.

The Protein Shakes are making me twitch.

The Mio has grown boring.

chicken broth tastes like a chicken's sweaty armpit and I can't stand it anymore.

Jello is my nemesis.

Not today, Satan, not today.....

Edited by Creekimp13

Oh my gosh, I thought I might be the only hungry one! I thought for sure that the physical hunger sensation would go away, but, in between bouts of nausea, there it is, alive and well. My boyfriend and mom are planning to make enchiladas tonight (with my blessing, why should they miss out just because of my choice to have surgery?) and I really just want a taste of the sauce, just a little bit on the tip of my finger. It's frustrating, knowing that I could stop eating at half an enchilada, because that's what I was doing before, but not being able to even take a bite right now. Maybe this is a mixture of head and physical hunger for me. Either way, I didn't expect to be this hungry.

I know I can't eat it...and I didn't. I really just kinda mashed it with my finger and tasted the juice on my finger. Tiny taste of juice...nothing solid.
God, I'm hungry.
First three days after surgery, just non-caloric Clear Liquids. Past two days I've added 4oz of Protien shakes every other hour.....and I'm getting seriously hungry.
Tuesday, at my one week check in, I'll get the green light on adding 4oz of strained Soup, or watery cream of wheat or oatmeal, or yogurt, or pudding. So...that really should help.
I was losing weight reliably on 1500-1800 calories a day. (lost 30 pounds in 6 months and never ate under 1500)
Presurgical diet was around 800 calories a day and lasted two weeks....then three days of zero calories...then two days of about 400 calories.
My brain feels like it's full of cotton. I forget everything and I'm just kinda...nutty. My energy is pretty good. I'm getting 10,000 steps a day without trying (I walk a little every half hour as directed...it adds up!). But I feel like I'm starving.
I know I have to protect the new sleeve, and go by the book....and I am. I am not cheating. I want to. God, I want to. But I'm not.
The stuff I'm craving isn't naughty...it's my old diet stuff. I'd kill for avacado toast on whole wheat with some low fat baby swiss and canadian bacon. Half a slice, and a cut up Tomato. I'd kill for all my diet food recipes that I've learned to love and miss dreadfully. I'd kill for a bite of an egg mcmuffin, or a steak salad, or some Thai stir fry.
chicken broth tastes like a chicken's sweaty armpit and I can't stand it anymore.
Jello is my nemesis.

I honestly thought i was the only one i am post op since monday ... And it is now saturday ... Jajaj
But i have been pretty steady... U know what honestly help chicken broth with boiled up carrots it gives it an amazing flav... Very good. . . Jello heck no i have so much jello in my fridge i dont even want to look at it omg disgusting... I kid u not .. U know what also helps me i put this power drink (one Protein scoop) with a small very small spoon of papaya and blend it with non sweeten almond milk and ooommgg i swear i am in HEAVEN!!!

Its called Isopure 0carb protein powder
Vanilla i kid u not hunger goes away and u feel full ... 06 oz of almond milk and one scoop of powder and one little ittle piece of papaya or 2 berries and wow

Try it enjoy[emoji12] [emoji20]

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

I know the struggle I’m 5 days post op and every time my brother cooks I want to lick the pan. I’ve been craving a simple grilled cheese since my surgery. On top of it I’m finding it hard to fulfill my Protein requirements without feeling overstuffed.

God, I'm hungry.
Jello is my nemesis.

Hang in there! I’m sure the hunger is terrible but just keep thinking of the prize. Also, you will be able to eat your diet recipes soon enough. It’s really good that those are the things you are craving. That will help when it comes time to eat solids again. Maybe think of a milestone reward? I always try and concentrate on that when things get hard.

Your body and your mind has been used to eating for years and years so it's a real adjustment and it's normal to just crave eating. I was craving nacho chips I dreamt of licking them but when I was about to do it I realised It was a bad idea. Now I can eat nachos . . I had forgotten about it... I'm 5 months post when I tried it again and I spat it out. It had no flavour to me. And I thought all that time I spent dreaming and now I can eat it it tastes like crap. I can imagine that will happen to you because our taste buds change. I cook for my kids so i just cooked things I know I didn't mind not having or if I did mind I would freeze a small portion and say " I'm have it when I'm in solid food " lol it will get easier about I'd say week 6 when you are on normal solid food for me I actually was full so easy on dense Protein it's odd after a couple of bites I felt stuffed. Even now when I think I'm starving hungry two bites and I'm full. You got this. Keep a diary of goals and exciting things you wish to achieve as you lose weight and bring it out whenever your tempted to lick or maybe eat something not on plan.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

The full liquid phase was the hardest for me also.. I couldnt wait to eat mushy foods...I was craving salmon and hummus for several weeks, and I never even liked either one..Its a tough time period but you have to be strong..

My bad time was the purée phase; could NOT do it! I chose more shakes instead. I’m not 6 1/2 week’s post op and can eat just about anything, but some things I used to like don’t taste good to me anymore. Starting eating salads this week and it tasted good. Down 41 lbs since surgery, a few waist sizes and feeling good.