Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having issues with losing weight for insurance

So my insurance requires me to lose 5% of weight before they approve me for surgery. I started off at 258 and needed to be down to 243. When I started my nutritionist appt I had gained at was 264. I’m supposed to be down to 243 by end of January and I am still 258! I have completely changed up my lifestyle, going low carb, going to Zumba a few times a week and taking my thyroid meds. I am just so discouraged because I have been working so hard! I’ve thinned down but the scale won’t budge!! What have you guys done to help top the scales in your favor? Thanks so much

how much Water are you drinking. Instead of Zumba try some resistance stuff that will burn more calories. do Keto it will come off fast. get a scale to weigh the food should help u loose at least 15 pounds quick. When do you do the liquid diet?

how much Water are you drinking. Instead of Zumba try some resistance stuff that will burn more calories. do Keto it will come off fast. get a scale to weigh the food should help u loose at least 15 pounds quick. When do you do the liquid diet?

I’ve been drinking lots of Water. Also I’m hypothyroid so the nutritionist has me on lower carb but not keto. Do you think resistance would be better than cardio? Just worried about gaining weight due to muscle. Just wondering how to make sure I weight the lightest I can at my weigh ins. What did you do to lose the weight? Thanks so much for your help.

I’ve been drinking lots of Water. Also I’m hypothyroid so the nutritionist has me on lower carb but not Keto. Do you think resistance would be better than cardio? Just worried about gaining weight due to muscle. Just wondering how to make sure I weight the lightest I can at my weigh ins. What did you do to lose the weight? Thanks so much for your help.

And unfortunately I’m working with Medicaid and they do it in stages. They won’t even approve the weight loss surgery until I’ve completed stage 2, which includes the weight loss. So not sure when the liquid diet is gonna start :/

And unfortunately I’m working with Medicaid and they do it in stages. They won’t even approve the weight loss surgery until I’ve completed stage 2, which includes the weight loss. So not sure when the liquid diet is gonna start :/

Sorry how much have you got to lose left ? I think if it was me perhaps out of desperation I'd do a liquid diet just to shift something fast but I don't know anything about hyperthyroid that must make it harder. Hope you get there

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I’ve been drinking lots of Water. Also I’m hypothyroid so the nutritionist has me on lower carb but not Keto. Do you think resistance would be better than cardio? Just worried about gaining weight due to muscle. Just wondering how to make sure I weight the lightest I can at my weigh ins. What did you do to lose the weight? Thanks so much for your help.

Resistance cardio will most likely work...I also have a thyroid problem and I had the same issue as you. I gained weight instead of loosing it until I switched to resistance cardio and cut out carb. You can do it!