Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FULL LIQUID DIET POST-OP HELP!!!!!!!!

I'm 1 week out today and per Dr orders I'm Full-liquids until 12/15. Can someone send me ideas of what you are drinking through the day every day? I'm having a hard time with this right now. I appreciate all the ideas I can get!

I am at the exact timeline as you. I am doing a Protein Shake in the morning (about 7 or 8am). Takes me about 15 minutes to get thru that. I feel like I could suck the whole thing down, but I don't. I also have 1 or 2 cups of coffee (against my NUT's advice). Around 11am I have one or 2 cups of Cream of chicken or mushroom Soup. This also only takes me at the most 1/2 hour to consume. I also get in my second Protein shake by about 2pm. I have no adverse effects except maybe a few burps and a lot of noise in the gut. I try and get 1 or 2 12oz bottles of Water by this time. My wife gets home bout 4:30 and for dinner I watch her eat. Then around 6pm I have my final protein shake. I also sip water thru out the day. I was 244 on the day of my surgery 1/28/17 and weighed 236 today. I weigh myself about 4 times a day. Any questions let me know.

Check whatever materials/lists you were given, as what's permitted varies from plan to plan. You should be able to have Water, Protein Drinks, broth, creamy Soups, yogurt (such as Oikos triple zero), sugar-free popsicles . . .

I'll admit that I didn't much enjoy the liquid phase or the slushy stage, but once I could eat real food again, I became much, much happier. It really isn't that long, although while you are doing it, it seems like forever. But after the first month . . . you'll have many more options.

Good luck!

I am at the exact timeline as you. I am doing a Protein Shake in the morning (about 7 or 8am). Takes me about 15 minutes to get thru that. I feel like I could suck the whole thing down, but I don't. I also have 1 or 2 cups of coffee (against my NUT's advice). Around 11am I have one or 2 cups of Cream of chicken or mushroom Soup. This also only takes me at the most 1/2 hour to consume. I also get in my second Protein shake by about 2pm. I have no adverse effects except maybe a few burps and a lot of noise in the gut. I try and get 1 or 2 12oz bottles of Water by this time. My wife gets home bout 4:30 and for dinner I watch her eat. Then around 6pm I have my final protein shake. I also sip water thru out the day. I was 244 on the day of my surgery 1/28/17 and weighed 236 today. I weigh myself about 4 times a day. Any questions let me know.

Thanks so much, I've been pretty much doing the same things you mentioned. But I haven't had any cream Soups yet. I've done chicken broth and beef broth. Maybe I'll try a tasty cream of chicken for dinner ; ) I swore I wasn't going to weigh myself for a month but I have weighed everyday. So far I'm down 17lbs as well! That's far more exciting than the liquid diet!!

Oh my gosh it’s not just me! I’m dying here too. I’m 6 days post op. I need to start upping my food intake I don’t think I’m doing enough. I have like 1/3 a oikos triple zero yogurt in the morning usually and like 1/4c cream of chicken. One Premier Protein a day. And I just had to up my Water intake cause I was getting dehydrated. But I keep reading all the people are eating more then that so I don’t know if I’m getting enough. But yogurt and the cream Soup. It’s wayyyy better then broth. Feels like food 😂

Today marks a week since my surgery, and I’m also struggling with the full liquid diet. It’s almost to the point of regretting the surgery. However, I do believe phase 2 of the diet will be more fulfilling and I’ll begin to feel normal again. Can’t wait!!

Today marks a week since my surgery, and I’m also struggling with the full liquid diet. It’s almost to the point of regretting the surgery. However, I do believe phase 2 of the diet will be more fulfilling and I’ll begin to feel normal again. Can’t wait!!

This is such a great thread - I’m day 6 and I feel the same as you all and was wondering what and how much everyone is eating.

My Soups have been broths mainly, but I’ve been also eating Optifast soups. Not sure if you have it in the US but they do shakes and soups and it’s what we have to stay on for the 2 weeks pre-op here. I just think their soups may be more nutritious than just broth. Jelly was nice too.

I can’t wait to get onto cream soups which I will start next week.

Sleeved: 2/11/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs