Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could you eat this much in one sitting ???

I hate that this innocent question got outta hand like it did. This forum is to help support people not to condesend people. The way people choose to talk to others with no reguard for respect.

mbanja - I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better! I was really worried about you.

Thank you for your support regarding my original question . . . I really appreciate my fellow-bandsters who choose to support each other rather than be rude. We are all in this for the long haul and I personally don't think eating the rare chicken nugget or candy bar is going to send us to bandster hell.

I will say I never expected my question to spiral downward like it did - I have just been trying to decide if I needed another fill and thought that would be a good example that someone could respond to.

My mother always said 'there's one in every crowd' and I think that saying applies to most situations, Lap Band Talk included.

I have no desire to try to make someone feel bad about their choices because that is not my personality or my job. I get on here for information, support and friendships and in turn will do my best to provide those same things to others.

That's all - I am not going to spend today defending myself to those who feel compelled to write something rude about all of this and I challenge you not to either. It's not worth it, they won't listen anyway because most of them are 'always right', and besides . . . life's too short for that.

Go out and enjoy your day!

Lynn

Wasabubble, I total agree with you about everyone opinion, but there are certain ways to express one's opinion with out being rude. I come here to hear everyone's opinion and I take all opinions into count, but it really ticks me when people are rude to others who are just trying to get some helpfull insite. I mean, who doesn't already know that fried food, and fast food, are not the most healthy choices? I think I knew that when I was a kid. What I am trying to say is while some people may be ignorant to all the ways of the lap-band journey that doesn't mean they are ignorant in general. And, it is wrong and hurtful to assume that they are and to talk down to them. There is a right way and a wrong way to talk to people. I am a firm believer in treating others as I would want to be treated. Maybe the poster was trying to give tough love, but the way it came out was all wrong.

Mommi,

Are you scheduling a fill? I actually have one today with Leslie. I'm fine during the day, but I get so much hungrier at night and I can eat more than I should at night. I'm just hoping getting tighter means nothing but liquids all day till dinnertime. :)

Oops, I meant I hope getting tighter DOESNT mean nothing but liquids all day till dinnertime, I don't need to be fainting at work!!! lol

Wasabubble, I total agree with you about everyone opinion, but there are certain ways to express one's opinion with out being rude. I come here to hear everyone's opinion and I take all opinions into count, but it really ticks me when people are rude to others who are just trying to get some helpfull insite. I mean, who doesn't already know that fried food, and fast food, are not the most healthy choices? I think I knew that when I was a kid. What I am trying to say is while some people may be ignorant to all the ways of the lap-band journey that doesn't mean they are ignorant in general. And, it is wrong and hurtful to assume that they are and to talk down to them. There is a right way and a wrong way to talk to people. I am a firm believer in treating others as I would want to be treated. Maybe the poster was trying to give tough love, but the way it came out was all wrong.

I guess I didn't see the poster as being rude, I saw the person as sharing his/her opinion as well as asking why one would eat crappy food.

Believe me, we've had the 'crappy food' discussion before and I am on the side of... if it works for you and you are getting your nutrition in and losing weight... all the power to you, do what works for you. But I think we also need to remember that everyone has their passion in this fight against fat. Mine is people researching their docs before signing up for surgery, another person's passion is "starvation mode is a myth", another is "Protein shakes are eeeevil!" We all have our passions and sometimes it comes out different than intended.

On line there is no tone of voice, there are no facial expressions, just words on a screen. That makes things sound a whole lot different than intended. Then one person saying they are going to drop it than the passive aggressive tone in the very next post... that's not dropping it.

Sitting on the sidelines here I think there were misunderstandings about intent and what was meant as a slam vs. a suggestion and question. That's my opinion.

Maybe the poster was trying to give tough love

Being silly here . . . if I wanted 'tough love', I'd have confessed to my HUSBAND that I ate that!!! HA . . . :whoo:

Mommi,

Are you scheduling a fill? I actually have one today with Leslie. I'm fine during the day, but I get so much hungrier at night and I can eat more than I should at night. I'm just hoping getting tighter means nothing but liquids all day till dinnertime. :)

Yes yes yes !!! I am on my way right now . . . What time are you going to be there ? Maybe we'll see each other ! I am wearing jeans and a bluish-purple long sleeve t-shirt.

That's all - I am not going to spend today defending myself to those who feel compelled to write something rude about all of this and I challenge you not to either. It's not worth it, they won't listen anyway because most of them are 'always right', and besides . . . life's too short for that.

Go out and enjoy your day!

Lynn

Then one person saying they are going to drop it than the passive aggressive tone in the very next post... that's not dropping it.

Wasa - if this is what you are referring to, the passive aggressive tone was actually in the post before this one.

Let's all support each other . . . this isn't easy!

i can only eat 4 mcdonalds nuggets and maybe 4 fries, sometimes i only eat 2 and then more fries. Since i've been banded though I 've only had them a handful of time, usually when we are traveling

Man I miss french fries!!! The one time I tried eating them a couple months ago, I had about ten and then got really sick to my stomach. I don't know if it was the grease or what. I bought a new baking pan that's supposed to be for "frying" potatoes with air and makes them cripsy like you fried them, I just haven't tried it yet.

Man I miss french fries!!! The one time I tried eating them a couple months ago, I had about ten and then got really sick to my stomach. I don't know if it was the grease or what. I bought a new baking pan that's supposed to be for "frying" potatoes with air and makes them cripsy like you fried them, I just haven't tried it yet.

French Fries were almost always a PB food for me. If I can limit myself to one or two... and sort of let them dissolve in my mouth... I'm fine. If I go beyond that, I'm screwed. Usually when I was craving something fast food and french fry like, I'd go to Wendy's and get a 99 cents baked potato... and take it home and put FF sour cream and FF faux-butter on it. I could eat about 1/2...and it was delish.

OMG.... This so reminds me of my infamous "chicken Nugget Thread".

I haven't posted in a while but I am back for advice and renewed motivation.

In my thread I asked a simple question - If you chew a chicken nugget and spit it out is that cheating on the pre-op liquid diet?

Good gravy, what an uproar! I was a desperate, fat woman on the edge. All I wanted was a little moral support. What I got was a lot of sanctimonious crap from people who had forgotten what it was like to be in my position. Fortunately, a few kind souls laughed with me and helped me push through those tough days.

This forum is like any cross-section of society. We get along with some people and we don’t get along with others. I made a vow to always remember how tough this journey is no matter how successful my weight loss and to support those in the good fight with me. I will not disguise cattiness and superiority as support. Carefully structured put downs are still put downs. Just because I have “seen the light” and have changed my life doesn’t make me better or smarter than anyone else.

Now back to the subject at hand…

I have noticed that my portions are creeping up. I feel like I am overeating even though I know that those around me eat far more than I do at any given meal.

I have a fill schedule for Wednesday. Several mentions have been made of “stretching the pouch”. Is that easy to do? I will be paranoid about that now…

I think people get a kind of secret satisfaction from eating virtually nothing and they seek it out when really its totally not necessary for a lot of people, especially active ones. And you find the ones that eat that little dont necessarily lose any faster either.

So my answer to cut a long story short is if you're losing you dont need a fill and if you've stopped losing and plateaued out then you have more room to cut back and you could get a fill to help with that.

Jacqui I think exactly like you, I mean lets face it we all have been strungle with our weight for years (at least me! lol) we cant pretend we will lose all our "curves" in a few months! Is a long way and I really rather walk slow but regularly than kill myself with a little portions that make me feel unsatified and probably cheat later on... My personal opinion.

Blessings

Still on mushies,protien drinks.Find Im hungary and have been aeting alittle more than 1 cup I hope I havent damaged by band or streached it in any way.I was feeling tired and weak last week so got some soy milk and slimfast worked well for me.First fill not til end of Nov.Down 20lbs.