Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

23 hours ago, LaLaLee said:

I had my sleeve on the 19th. I’ve been drinking Premier Protein and Water and protien2 infused Water. Any other ideas?

I was on Clear Liquids for about 4 days (broth, water, tea, sf popsicles), and now I'm on regular liquids, including the Protein Shakes. The nutritionist told me if I could suck it through a straw, it was the right consistancy. I like to cook, so I've been making vegetable Soup with Beans or lentils, and then liquifying it in the blender. I add more broth if I need to thin it out (my nutritionist gave this the thumbs up).

It's been working really well for me - it's liquid but it tastes like real food, and it lets me get in things like spinach, carrots, squash and beans. But it usually looks pretty gross (brown water). I stir in a flavorless whey powder before I eat it for added Protein (don't heat it with the whey powder or it curdles).

If you have things you like and you can liquify them, it will probably work, just check it with your nutritionist to make sure. A lot of people get drinkable yogurt, or make their own by mixing greek yogurt (higher protein) with almond milk or something like that to make it watery. If you have a sweet tooth you can usually add stevia.

Hi all! I had my sleeve on 12/4. My dr had me on liquid for 2 wks and I started puréed on Tues. I feel odd because I haven’t had any pain or nausea since the hospital. I feel like if I eat too much I should be getting pains or something. For puréed I am sticking with 2oz portions multiple times a day and separating eating and drinking. However, curious if anyone else has not felt a trigger that you are full? I’m not hungry at all.

On other note, it is Day 20 and I am down 32 lbs!

Hi all! I had my sleeve on 12/4. My dr had me on liquid for 2 wks and I started puréed on Tues. I feel odd because I haven’t had any pain or nausea since the hospital. I feel like if I eat too much I should be getting pains or something. For puréed I am sticking with 2oz portions multiple times a day and separating eating and drinking. However, curious if anyone else has not felt a trigger that you are full? I’m not hungry at all.

On other note, it is Day 20 and I am down 32 lbs!

Hey how are you? You know what I have felt like you do. Thank God have not had any nausea, pain or have thrown up. I feel like I am eating more often then I should. Of course I do stop when I start to feel full but I was wondering the same thing. Should I be feeling pain, nausea once I eat more? The only small pain I have felt is if I small to fast. Sometimes I still forget I have had the surgery and swallow my Water to fast. How often are you eating?

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

Merry Christmas everyone! Made a ricotta bake today this is the first time I felt any restriction after about 3 oz. Up until today I could do Protein Shakes, drinks, puddings very easy. Can even eat a whole yogurt with out any discomfort. Im glad I finally felt full I was starting to wonder if I ever got sleeved! kidding of course. Hope you all are doing well.

Thank you MamaDarlin,
Your comment made me feel better. I honestly had the same thought you did about being sleeved but I know little by little I will feel more comfortable with my new reality.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

9 minutes ago, MamaDarlin said:

Merry Christmas everyone! Made a ricotta bake today this is the first time I felt any restriction after about 3 oz. Up until today I could do Protein Shakes, drinks, puddings very easy. Can even eat a whole yogurt with out any discomfort. Im glad I finally felt full I was starting to wonder if I ever got sleeved! kidding of course. Hope you all are doing well.

Merry Christmas to you as well. My ricotta bake just came out of the oven, will be eating soon and very excited to try it. I too haven’t had any issues with drinking and eating and sometimes worry the sleeve won’t work for me. I know I need to be patient but I just wish I felt less “normal” and more like a person who just had surgery 2 weeks ago.

One recipe I would recommend is retried Beans, super filling and flavorful. I use a Vitamixer to mash them up good and then add beef broth to a smoother consistency. I also use as much low sodium products as possible.

2 minutes ago, Tadah said:

Merry Christmas to you as well. My ricotta bake just came out of the oven, will be eating soon and very excited to try it. I too haven’t had any issues with drinking and eating and sometimes worry the sleeve won’t work for me. I know I need to be patient but I just wish I felt less “normal” and more like a person who just had surgery 2 weeks ago.

One recipe I would recommend is retried Beans, super filling and flavorful. I use a Vitamixer to mash them up good and then add beef broth to a smoother consistency. I also use as much low sodium products as possible.

That sounds great, I've just started with soft foods so I'm definitely going to try that! I'd like to have a few options to take for lunch when I return to work next week. I'd rather not try anything new while at work and feel sick. So happy to hear we are all in the same boat but ultimately I think it means we are doing well just needed to hear it from others.

Okay... TMI warning

I know this has come up, but I'm two weeks out, and so far I've only had 2 BMs - both were very difficult and uncomfortable. It's now been several days, and... nothing.

I've been taking Colace, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm still on liquids... is this normal or should I be concerned? Should I try throwing a couple prunes in the blender with my Protein Shake? I never had this problem pre-surgery, so I'm not sure what else to do. I'm staying active, walking, getting my Water in, etc., but nothing seems to help.

Okay... TMI warning
I know this has come up, but I'm two weeks out, and so far I've only had 2 BMs - both were very difficult and uncomfortable. It's now been several days, and... nothing.
I've been taking Colace, but it doesn't seem to be helping. I'm still on liquids... is this normal or should I be concerned? Should I try throwing a couple prunes in the blender with my Protein Shake? I never had this problem pre-surgery, so I'm not sure what else to do. I'm staying active, walking, getting my Water in, etc., but nothing seems to help.

Okay... TMI warning

muralax will regulate u with in 3 days... If u dont poop in 4 days go get a fleet enema i did that and it work good luck

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my sleeve on the 19th. I’ve been drinking Premier Protein and Water and protien2 infused water. Any other ideas?

Hey twin ! I and drinking the same exact thing with out the protein2 infused water. I have sugar free Jello , sugar free popsicle, broth , diet cranberry juice , propel . I have a list that the nutritionist gave me. I can send you what I have if you would like ? Send me a message

SW:245
Sleeved :Dec 19, 2017

11 hours ago, loey13 said:

Whatever you do, don't take the maximum dose of Dulcolax!! I did that (because I was feeling especially stopped up)...welp, not stopped up now! My surgeon recommended Miralax (I took dulcolax because I had it on hand), but I've seen where others recommend something else. I'd call your surgeon's office and see what they recommend.

As far as whether or not you should be having bowel movements on liquids, I would say yes. You've likely still got stool in your colon, and the longer it sits there the drier and more uncomfortable it's going to get. There also is still likely some residual "stuff" from your liquids, especially the Protein Shakes, making its way down, and it may have nowhere to go if you're stopped up.

Hopefully you start feeling better soon!