Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help with hunger.

Okay, seriously, I'm so over the hunger. I thought it wasn't supposed to be there, and especially not right away. I'm 2 months out yesterday.

It is NOT head hunger. It's not acid, I take protonix twice a day. It's a deep empty and sort of gnawing feeling. I don't know how to describe it exactly. It makes it hard for me to fall asleep . It wakes up during the night.

I'm eating about 1000 calories a day, starting with liquid at Breakfast and eating solid for dinner. 80g at least of Protein, less than 100 and usually less than 50 carbs. I'm drinking right at 64oz if you include the Protein Drink in the morning. It's a little hard for me to drink as much as I used to because I get so hungry. I'll eat a string cheese and then have to wait another hour.

I think I'm doing okay weight wise but it's really hard being hungry.

Any suggestions? The NUT at my office didn't have suggestions other than drinking more. Waiting for a call back from someone else.

Can you list what your eating. Are you supposed to be on 1000 Cal's at 2 months out ? All plans are different but I'm on 800 4 months in. And many plans are different though.

And hunger doesn't disappear completely for all.

If you eat just Protein and veggies are you still struggling?

If I eat just protein mostly and a bite of veggies it reduces my appetite and I feel stuffed.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1000 calories a day are you not able to achieve your Protein goals ? Is that why you still have the protein drink. If that's the case you may need to look at what your eating.

*Not that there is any thing wrong with Protein Drinks. But if my calories were getting to 1000 I would leave liquid calories.

My plan doesn't have a specific calorie amount. They said, somewhere around 800-1100, but that Protein is the most important and carbs under 100.

The reason I drink a Protein Shake in the morning is because I'm usually running around taking kids, getting stuff ready for the day, etc and I can do it on the go. He advised to keep one shake a day. I'm not a good eat food in the morning person. It takes a few hours of being awake before I can eat. It's just how it is with me.

This is my typical day.

Morning: Protein shake with two scoops (50g protein), 1.5 c of 30 cal.cup almond milk. Ice

Snack: Trader Joe's lite string cheese

Lunch: Quest bar or 3oz deli turkey, maybe a piece of cheese, occasionally a half an english muffin with Tomato sauce and cheese

Snack: Kay's protein Snacks, 2 sf popsicles

Dinner: Turkey(recently) or chicken 3oz. some homemade Bone Broth Soup, usually with carrots in it.

Snack: 2-3 SF popsicles

I tend to eat while I'm at the computer working. It just takes too long to sit and focus on only eating. I know that's bad, but if it's just me, I cannot sit there. I will eat much more slowly if I am doing something else as well.

I get full easily on 2.5-3 oz of protein, but it doesn't stay that way for long.

Thanks for any tips. I was up again last night trying to ignore it from 3-4:30am.

I'm the same I don't eat breakfast my tummy hates me if I do .
Your lunch. No wonder your hungry Soon after that's not lunch lol a 3 ounce steak will have you going longer than a Protein Bar. The deli turkey is good but is it like thin slices ..your eating sounds really good but do you have vegs at all to bulk out a meal ? I would say it's all about training your tummy so don't allow your self to eat at night when those urges come drink your Water or even hot tea will help it helps me if I'm hungry but not ready to eat my body thinks it's Soup. Your still early too I think my hunger reduced Bout 3 months suddenly I wasn't hungry so you still have time !

I haven't ventured into raw veggies yet. I do eat some cooked ones when I can. I don't eat red meat or pork or anything. Poultry or fish.
I don't eat at night after about 7pm. I remove myself from the floor where the kitchen is :) I guess more trial and error. Maybe cucumbers can come back into my life?