Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slutty clothes for 5 year olds...

DH and I had issues with his ex because of her clothing choices for their daughter when she was younger. She is almost 15 now and it seems to have gotten better since she started making her own clothing choices. When she was younger, I finally told her mother not to bother sending clothes with her when she came to stay with us because we were ashamed to take her on public dressed in what she brought form home! We bought more conservative clothes and kept them for her at our house. DD never seemed to mind, but boy her mother sure did, let me tell ya!! But we stuck to our guns and eventually she found something else to complain about and wearing non-provocative clothing while at our house didn't kill DD. Go figure...

Kathy

I'm happy my little 6 year old will only wear sweats, t-shirts and tumbling dresses with shorts underneath. Getting her into anything that zips at the waist doesn't happen.

I hope she remains that way....I can get her into a dress for fancy otherwise she'd just rather be sporty.

Uniforms rock! My older son wore them all through elementary and middle school and my younger son will still be in them for two more years :clap2:.

I actually feel sorry for #1 and his friends in high school though. Some of those girls flat out look like ho's - skin-tight micro-mini's and the babydoll tops with their boobs hanging out. How can teenage boys be expected to concentrate and learn with that all up in their faces, both literally and figureatively? I volunteered in the office yesterday and one of the three kids in school who doesn't have a cell phone came in to call her mom because her jeans ripped ... they were ultra-low-rise and sprayed on. I wanted to say "If you were my daughter, you wouldn't have been allowed out of the house like that," but I probably would have gotten sued or something. Thank God for sons who are perfectly content with jeans from Target and anything NFL -

Even in college, it's ridiculous. There was a girl that was doing her Master's at the college where I was doing my undergrad that dressed like an absolute ho, yet didn't understand why other women weren't very friendly to her. She was the type that wore skin tight jeans (seriously, I don't know how she got them zipped, we're talking SKIN TIGHT) and low-cut, extremely tight tank tops with her boobs hanging out.

And you know what I saw one day? A girl wearing a mini skirt (one of those stupid ruffly ones that were popular a couple of years ago) that came down maybe 2-3 inches from her ass, walking back to her dorm. It was SNOWING, for Pete's sake! It looked abso-freakin-lutely stupid.

All this having been said, boys have their clothing issues too. Here, a lot of the kids like the knee-length t-shirts, pants six sizes too big and gigantic work boots or zillion-dollar sneakers, with the price tags left on. One night I picked up my older son from FB practice when they'd been "lumberjacking" - practicing in helmets and pads, but wearing shorts instead of FB pants - and even on the field, some of the kids had their practice-uniform shorts pulled down over their butts with their boxers showing! I can't believe the coach didn't call them on it -

I take great pride in my little girls (12 and 6) and my son (5), of course. And because they are little girls, they dress like little girls. It is very hard to find suitable clothing for them. Especially shorts, wow, just about 80% are daisy dukes, horrible, isn't it?? Since I pay and buy their clothes, I buy appropriate clothes.. Yes, I'm probably going to piss some of you off, with saying I like brand name stuff.. But I'm in love with Ralph, yes, Ralph Lauren. His children's clothing is always very appropriate and classy.. I like the preppy look. Even my son wears nothing but Ralph. (Don't think I'm a snob, just a master at shopping the sales) My older daughter who is 12, still plays with dolls and is a true little girl, she is maturing, but at a slow pace (Yes, I'm very fortunate). She isn't one bit interested in hair/make-up and any of those things.. Give her her jeans, t-shirt and sneakers and she is happy as can be.. My 6 yr old, is very girly, she wants her hair to be perfect, loves to buy little costume jewlery and loves skirts and dresses. And has a purse collection that rivals mine.. I know, I know, but I have fun with her. She always, though, dresses appropriate for her age. No hoochie stuff for my girls. Have you seen some of the baby phat stuff?? Hoochie mama central?? Gross.

And you know what I saw one day? A girl wearing a mini skirt (one of those stupid ruffly ones that were popular a couple of years ago) that came down maybe 2-3 inches from her ass, walking back to her dorm. It was SNOWING, for Pete's sake! It looked abso-freakin-lutely stupid.

I had to send an employee home once to put on underwear under one of those skirts. I am not kidding.

Her excuse? She forgot her undies.

However, the male patients were lined up. Not to see the doc though.

I had to send an employee home once to put on underwear under one of those skirts. I am not kidding.

Her excuse? She forgot her undies.

However, the male patients were lined up. Not to see the doc though.

There are certainly all kinds in this world, aren't there now?!!! Wonder what else she forgot? Nope, don't even want to know.!!

Cindy

Even in Nebraska we have to deal with this crap. I stopped shopping at Wal-mart and Target for my 12 year old DD about 4 years ago when we went there to get her some shorts for the summer and the length of the shorts was shorter then my hand, palm to finger tip. She wanted to try them on and when I asked her to come out of the dressing room to show me (I was standing right by the door) she said "No way, I look like a hoochie", I started young with her. If she and I were out and I saw someone, young or old, dressed like a tramp, I would make a comment about how sorry I was that that person didn’t respect themselves, or how little that person liked/thought of themselves to dress like that. That always got the ball rolling on a discussion about self respect and drawing negative attention to oneself. Now I don’t have a problem with my DD wanting to dress like that.

My DH’s sister didn’t think it was wrong to dress my DD in hoochie clothes. For her 7 birthday, she got her a short skirt and a tank top that had something stupid written on it. Her birthday is in October dumb-ass! (The dumb-ass was refering to my SIL). Well, the short skirt got altered to add cloth shorts underneath and about 4 inches of different coordinating fabric on the bottom, and the tank top was accidently ripped in half "oops". And yes, I did explain to my sister-in-law what I thought of her "gift" to my baby girl.

Now my 18 year old son likes to see girls dressed like that. He was even dating one for about 6 months. When I teased him about her being the one, he said no. When I why not, he said he wanted one thing in a girlfriend but he was looking for someone who respected themselves for a wife.

Wasa--She claimed to forget? I would ask her what else she forgets and fire her ass!

GOOD LORD, not anyone else wants to see it!!

She wasn't the most brilliant in the bunch. :D She was from a temp agency wanting a full time perm job.

Yeah, it didn't happen in my clinic.

Amazingly, all the men were scheduling follow up appts before they were even seen that day! HA!

She wasn't the most brilliant in the bunch. :D She was from a temp agency wanting a full time perm job.

Yeah, it didn't happen in my clinic.

Amazingly, all the men were scheduling follow up appts before they were even seen that day! HA!

Well gee, wonder why there? I bet they were hoping for more paitent to nurse interaction maybe???

lol....men suck...lol...

I'm not yet convinced that clothes now are that much more horrible than when I was growing up. Girls now wear skin tight jeans, but we wore "biker shorts" and a wide concoction of lycra/spandex leggings. You don't get much tighter than those. Girls now wear belly shirts, we used to wear those elastic tube tops or 4-strap halters. Girls now wear daisy dukes, and we used to wear the equally short gym ("ball hugger") shorts. I never wore platforms, but I did wear clogs. I had a bikini (cactii, sunsets and cowboys) in elementary school, as did all my friends. It seems like we're just seeing the updated versions of the same old things.

What I think has changed, is the intention behind the clothing. Why I wore those things, and why a girl today wears her versions, are probably very different OTHER than the basic "it's what people wear" that grabs at ALL kids.

I know that when my 10ish y/o cousin was showing me her new school clothes, she asked, "Do I look sexy?"

Clothing companies will only produce what people will buy. There's a much larger issue than what's on the shelves.

"Do I look Sexy?"

Oh god! How did you respond? My little girl is 6 and I can't imagine her saying that, but I know it's not too far in the distance.

UGH!