Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I sent you a PM.

I am also looking for patient references with surgeon. Have been able to track down very few patients with DS. Any info greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, Fitbabe said:

I am also looking for patient references with surgeon. Have been able to track down very few patients with DS. Any info greatly appreciated.

Where are you looking to go?

1 minute ago, Postop said:

Where are you looking to go?

DS with Dr. Alejandro Lopez in Mexico. I have seen many positive comments about him in regards to VSG but have had a hard time finding patient references for DS.

1 hour ago, Fitbabe said:

DS with Dr. alejandro lopez in Mexico. I have seen many positive comments about him in regards to VSG but have had a hard time finding patient references for DS.

I believe he does the RNY and the single anastomosis DS. If you're looking for a full DS, Dr. Esquerra is probably your best bet.

2 hours ago, Postop said:

I believe he does the RNY and the single anastomosis DS. If you're looking for a full DS, Dr. Esquerra is probably your best bet.

I wish I could afford Dr. Esquerra I am Canadian so with exchange roughly 14k. Which is just out of range for me I may have to settle for VSG.

18 hours ago, Fitbabe said:

I wish I could afford Dr. Esquerra I am Canadian so with exchange roughly 14k. Which is just out of range for me I may have to settle for VSG.

Maybe you could go with the single anastomosis with Dr. Lopez? You'd get some malabsorption with that.

I had my surgery on 12/8/18 with Dr. Lopez I flew into San Diego in the morning, picked up at the airport and drive across the border. I had surgery that same afternoon. He did the Sleeve, DS, hernia repair and gallbladder removal. His surgical staff was friendly and made me very comfortable. I stayed in recovery for one night then moved to a different floor for another night. Then to the hotel for three nights. I’m so glad that I went with Dr Lopez. I’ve lost 30lbs in two months. I had zero complications. I was very sore post op in my abdomen and felt like it took forever to heal from the hernia repair and took 8 weeks off from work. Airfare, surgery, spending money and passports for two people was less than $9000.

HW 270

CW 210

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

This was super helpful thanks so much.