Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Bandsters!

Just got home from Scarborough Grace.. I just thought I'd let folks know that the barium swallow test is not that bad at all.

About 1/4c of white stuff that I likened to "Thinned out Toothpaste" (I always imagine things worse than they turn out to be)

1) I swallowed, no restriction

2) Dr. Yau withdrew Saline and it was "all clear" but not very much in my band...

3) He refilled me with saline and then made me drink barium again under xray and it went thru but burpeyish... oh yeah, restriction my old friend.

4) nancy said to go out and drink my cup of Water and wait... it went down so I came home. Now having a Protein Drink slowly

5) Now if THIS fill leaks out then I have to go an have surgery to get the whole band replaced like new.

Wow Peaches9 I hope you won't have to go through another surgery.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Carla! I'm keeping mine crossed too!!!

This was a full day TWO and I am still restricted... I am just taking it a day-at-time

Ate about 1100 cals today.. felt 'full' at my smaller meals... that's a good thing

Hey doddie yes much better my mother made me some chicken broth homemade so its great. Only thing I drink Water everyone one hour as was told but I still have a super dry throat and thirsty all the time not sure what I am missing

The dry throat may be irritaion caused by the tube that was put down you throat during surgery.

My throat was pretty scratchy for the first week, but it went away eventually.

Andrew

How the heck are you? You must be looking pretty hot with all that weight loss. Some things must be looking pretty large about now.....:omg:

How the heck are you? You must be looking pretty hot with all that weight loss. Some things must be looking pretty large about now.....:omg:

LOL, Thanks Donna D. I am glad you are still concerned with how things are :).

Anyway, I had been pretty busy before Christmas with a full time job, Christmas markets and getting ready for Christmas. I didnt have much time to keep up with posting here, so I would duck in for a quick read from time to time.

I have taken a leave of absence from my job this January. Monday's & Friday's I will be a stay at home Dad. The other days of the week I will be working in a new business venture that I am starting and hope to get off the ground soon. I also have some work I need to catch up on with my current business.

Other than that, I was a bad boy in December. I drank too much beer/ wine/ gin & tonic and ate way too many Cookies, cakes, squares, desert and chocolates. I have sinned bad, but I am pretty much back to where my ticker is now. I am back at the gym, so things should be back on track.

All in all I am doing well. I think I need to hang out here more often so you ladies can keep me on the straight & narrow.

Hope you, and everyone else is doing well.

Andrew

So glad to hear you are doing so well. Best of luck in your new venture. We ladies missed cuz you know we ain't got too many men in these here parts you know....xoD:kiss2:

I'm ready anytime. I haven't seen Cindy D here for a very long time. I wonder if she would like to join us again. Anyone can come. Do you want it in Port Hope again?

How are you feeling? Did you get a fill?

Yes that would be good in Port Hope.Yes we have to contact Cindy and julie. I know a few people from this area will go to. I am coming off the weekend shift this week end just pick a date and time.Yes i got a fill on Tues doing good it is up to 5 cc.

Hello TLBC friends:

I thought I would share with you the good work of Dr. Yau. The first pic was taken 3 months prior to surgery and the second one was taken on Dec 01/07 on a cruise ship. Don't you think it's appropriate to Celebrate my 6 month anniversary on a cruise ship? :rolleyes: I'm the one in the middle. The one with the big open trap is my mother and the girl in the white suit is from the cruise director's staff.

11447d1199983134-6-months-pics-junies-june-07-bandsters-img_0326.jpe11448d1199983145-6-months-pics-junies-june-07-bandsters-img_1025.jpe

Beautiful pictures Carla!! You look so happy!!!

Arn't cruises fun!

Beautiful pictures Carla!! You look so happy!!!

Arn't cruises fun!

Thanks! I'm always soooooo happy when I'm cruising. All my friends call me cruisin' Carla.

Wow you are looking happy. How do you stay away from the food?

Hi Doddie:

I did not keep away from the food but I was sensible and reasonable about it. I would only order an entree and a main course and then I only ate a few mouthfuls of those. I only had a teaspoon or two of the Desserts and kept very active (pilates, line dancing, walking etc). What excited me the most is that the buffets were no longer the attractions they used to be. I was able to scan the whole buffet area, pick and choose what I wanted without having the desire to go back for seconds and thirds. This is the first time in my life when I was in control and food was not controlling me. It was really exciting and empowering. I ended up losing 3 lbs on that cruise.