Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TLBC Bandsters!

Hey doddie yes much better my mother made me some chicken broth homemade so its great. Only thing I drink Water everyone one hour as was told but I still have a super dry throat and thirsty all the time not sure what I am missing

My acid reflux is still not clearing up even though I was defilled last August and I have been taking prescription meds for the reflux problem for many months now.

I finally got around to seeing Dr. Yau and he thinks that I might have a band slip. I am getting X-rayed very, very, very early this Monday morning at Scarborough Grace Hospital and I guess that this is when I will find out the news. Nancy from TLBC will be there which will be nice.

I have mixed emotions about all of this. On one hand I am hoping that the source of all my current problems is a slipped band. On the other hand, I am aware that this means that I will have to undergo another operation, another 5 weeks of post-op diet, and will have to live with a certain queasy feeling that my band might slip again. I will be awful paranoid, eh....

I must emphasize that my choice to opt for the lapband is a move which I certainly do not regret. I was fortunate enough to be able to reach goal within 10 months. Indeed, I lost a further 5 lbs after being defilled. The lapband is a fine tool, I have found, one which certainly allowed me to liberate myself from being trapped inside this socially humiliating carapace of gigantic amounts of flesh.

I guess I am taking this opportunity to praise the band and to say that I am kind of freaked out by my current problems. I am venting, is all.

Green is a grrl who is under stress, eh.

Probably from the surgery, you became dehydrated. Just keep sipping on the Water. Sometimes if you sip on some tea or other clear Fluid it might help. Also, the chicken broth is usually salty, if that is the case, dilute it and drink more of it. You can also suck on ice that too will help. If you post on the CanadianLapbanders, someone will give you ideas that I am not aware of. Doddie

Ah, Green. I feel for you. Yes that is one of the complications we are aware of when we make the decision but all hope we won't be one of the statistics. I sure hope the band has not slipped and you don't require surgery but if it is necessary then I guess you have very little choice.

Do you have any idea how the band may have slipped. Your experience may help the rest of us. Doddie.

Just got home from Scarborough Grace.. I just thought I'd let folks know that the barium swallow test is not that bad at all.

About 1/4c of white stuff that I likened to "Thinned out Toothpaste" (I always imagine things worse than they turn out to be)

1) I swallowed, no restriction

2) Dr. Yau withdrew Saline and it was "all clear" but not very much in my band...

3) He refilled me with saline and then made me drink barium again under xray and it went thru but burpeyish... oh yeah, restriction my old friend.

4) nancy said to go out and drink my cup of Water and wait... it went down so I came home. Now having a Protein Drink slowly

5) Now if THIS fill leaks out then I have to go an have surgery to get the whole band replaced like new.

Peaches and Green -please let us know the results asap. I hope Green doesn't have a slip and Peaches doesn't need a replacement. Oy vay!!

Good to hear your news Peaches. I sure hope it turns out OK. When do you go back to have the saline tested? Doddie

Good to hear your news Peaches. I sure hope it turns out OK. When do you go back to have the saline tested? Doddie

If this restriction holds (today's with Dr. Yau) then I'm o.k. if it starts to leak out again and I loose restriction then I'll have to have surgery to replace the whole band/port.

So I should know within a week or two I think.

Ah, Green. I feel for you. Yes that is one of the complications we are aware of when we make the decision but all hope we won't be one of the statistics. I sure hope the band has not slipped and you don't require surgery but if it is necessary then I guess you have very little choice.

Do you have any idea how the band may have slipped. Your experience may help the rest of us. Doddie.

Thanks for your kind words. It turns out that my band has not slipped and Dr. Yau couldn't see any sign of the hiatus hernia that was visible in the set of X-rays taken last summer. He figures that the hernia must dropped back into place once the band had been loosened. He suggests that I see an Ears, Nose and Throat Doc about my croaking voice. He also doesn't thinK I should be filled until my voice-thing gets sorted out.

He was looking especially attractive in his radiation outfit. :eyebrows:

Of course, now I still have the mysterious throat thing to worry about! blehhhh

We met today at the Hospital, we were sitting right next to one another. I was the one with the binder, purse, coat, coffee mug trying to juggle it all LOL

Its certainly nice to place faces with names.... dah! I just realized that you can 'see' my face here all the time...

We met today at the Hospital, we were sitting right next to one another. I was the one with the binder, purse, coat, coffee mug trying to juggle it all LOL

Its certainly nice to place faces with names.... dah! I just realized that you can 'see' my face here all the time...

Yep, I was pretty sure that it was you but not 100% sure. It was very early in the AM for me to be up and I was operating on only one cup of coffee. (After we came home my husband and I went back to bed for a couple of more hours of sleep.) And, you are right, it is nice to place the face with the name. :rofl:

Glad to hear things are working out OK for the both of you. I am feeling very rejunevated this morning. Jill called from the TLBC and we discussed a further fill and nutrition. She told me she has 12 out of province patients now. It is such a wonderful support offered by the Clinic. I feel so alone as I cope with learning to live with the band. To find the right balance, etc and Jill calling once a month takes all that away.

I write this in case someone is reading this link and is not aware of TLBC attempts to keep in touch with out of province patients. Doddie

competition grows in the laproscopic band world. CIBO has now opened in Toronto with a TLBC ex employee Doddie

Yes Doddie I wondered where she went. Now we know. I see that you got under the 50 ...congratulations to you sweet girl. You look fab in you pic as well. Take care, xo D