Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I use an instapot but you can use a crockpot, pressure cooker or just a stock pot on the stove. I add at least 3 lbs of bones (2 chickens minus meat, 6-7 t-bones from steaks, 3 ham hocks etc). I add whatever veggies I like in Soup (onions, celery, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots) & herbs. Add enough Water to cover the bones.
For the instapot set it for soup-well done and 1 hour cook time with pressure sensor closed. For crock pot leave it on high for 6-8 hours, on the stove cook it for a few hours. The longer cook time the better. With the instapot I cook for an hour, remove veggies & herbs, add fresh and run it again 3-5 times total. When the bones crumble easily they cannot be used anymore. I add salt & pepper to taste, strain it and put it in the fridge. After it cools it’ll have a layer of fat, remove that and you’re good to go. I freeze mine in 16 oz cups from Amazon. I have beef, chicken & pork as well as a bunch I’ve turned into Soups and Beans. [emoji177]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 Surgery Date: pending 11/21/2017. Goal weight 150’ish [emoji23]

I know Jack **** about Bone Broth but see it on here all the time.

How does like lipton Soup broth (without the noodles obviously) compare to home broth? Or is that not even remotely close go the same thing

I googled Bone Broth health benefits & differences between bone broth & store bought; here you go [emoji16]
https://draxe.com/the-healing-power-of-bone-broth-for-digestion-arthritis-and-cellulite/

https://amp.mindbodygreen.com/articles/6-anti-aging-weight-loss-reasons-to-add-bone-broth-to-your-diet

http://nourishedkitchen.com/bone-broth/

https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/bone-broth-nutrition/

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

Or you can go to Walmart and buy Sam's Choice organic Bone Broth. The difference in broth and bone broth is Protein levels, more in bone broth 7gr per cup.

If I make homemade I roast the bones in the oven as if I was making pot roast, it has more flavor - I add browned mushrooms, onion, green pepper, celery, and lots of garlic. When the bones are browned I add more cold Water. You could also add store bone broth to this.

I am making beef Bone Broth tomorrow and definitely plan to roast the bones first. When I make it from chicken I use 2 roasted chickens after we eat the meat off of them. The beef bones I’m using are from the grocery store, they are the bones from T-bone steaks and still have a little meat on them. If I have time I’m also going to use the bones from the small turkey I just made. [emoji177]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]

I bought two rotisserie chickens, removed the skin and picked the dark meat off (baggied it for the freezer). So the carcasses, white meat, 3 celery stalks, 2 yellow onions and 2 carrots went into the instapot and filled with spring Water, pressed the Soup setting and 40 minutes later, Voila. I strained it into a large pot and tossed the ingredients back into the pot, filled it up with water and ran it one more time. Strained it one last time into the large pot and seasoned both batches together. I got several Bell jars out of it and it was a thick yummy glutinous broth. Good to freeze in ice cube trays or popsicles molds, pop em into baggies and keep for later use. I’ve drank all mine up! So good and healthy [emoji317]

I bought two rotisserie chickens, removed the skin and picked the dark meat off (baggied it for the freezer). So the carcasses, white meat, 3 celery stalks, 2 yellow onions and 2 carrots went into the instapot and filled with spring Water, pressed the Soup setting and 40 minutes later, Voila. I strained it into a large pot and tossed the ingredients back into the pot, filled it up with water and ran it one more time. Strained it one last time into the large pot and seasoned both batches together. I got several Bell jars out of it and it was a thick yummy glutinous broth. Good to freeze in ice cube trays or popsicles molds, pop em into baggies and keep for later use. I’ve drank all mine up! So good and healthy [emoji317]

[emoji177] Sounds wonderful! [emoji177] My chicken Bone Broth have had very little meat in them but the beef broth I am making now has a lot more. I am making one batch of bone broth and the second batch will be beefy cabbage soup, I will cycle each batch through twice before starting the next batch. The recipe I use for cabbage soup says 1 cup is 100% of your daily Fiber requirements, I’m going to ask my surgeon if I can eat that during the broth stage (yogurt is allowed so I thought over cooked cabbage might be ok). I am really worried about the Constipation, my plumbing has slowed down quite a bit on the mostly Protein diet. ☹️

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]