Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are your goals other than weight loss?

Being as heavy as I am, I miss my two loves: backpacking and cycling. I've been heavy all of my life, but at the times that I've been less heavy, I was able to ride 100 miles and backpack about that same distance. So, I'd really like to be able to shake the dust off of these hobbies. What do you miss doing that you would like to be able to do?

Edited by BlackCatMatt

Camping, hiking, tubing on the Frio, Comal, and Guadalupe rivers, hunting, fishing, crabbing. Also, I want to do restorative yoga and it would be lovely to have the choice of horseback riding again if my back can take it!

You'll be biking and hiking in no time! Only 60 or so pounds to go for you!

21 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

Camping, hiking, tubing on the Frio, Comal, and Guadalupe rivers, hunting, fishing, crabbing. Also, I want to do restorative yoga and it would be lovely to have the choice of horseback riding again if my back can take it!

You'll be biking and hiking in no time! Only 60 or so pounds to go for you!

I've got 176 to lose

1 minute ago, BlackCatMatt said:

I've got 176 to lose

bahahahaaha! See? THIS is why I need reading comprehension tutors!!! :D You're still gonna be there before you know it, dude!!!

9 minutes ago, FluffyChix said:

bahahahaaha! See? THIS is why I need reading comprehension tutors!!! :D You're still gonna be there before you know it, dude!!!

LOL! You're all good. One of the nice things about bariatric surgery is the instant gratification (or almost anyway.) When I hear of people losing like 100 pounds in 3 months and even getting to goal weight in 6-8, I am getting eager to get going.

Being as heavy as I am, I miss my two loves: backpacking and cycling. I've been heavy all of my life, but at the times that I've been less heavy, I was able to ride 100 miles and backpack about that same distance. So, I'd really like to be able to shake the dust off of these hobbies. What do you miss doing that you would like to be able to do?

My biggest goal is to have a healthy, vital body. I would like to ride horses, bike, hike up a mountain and I think it would be cool to be able to do some of the more pretzely yoga poses.

Mostly I would like to disappear any sense of shame I have about my body.

I want to go skydiving with my husband. He went a few years ago before we were married with a few of his buddies and I was so sad that I couldn’t participate because of my weight (the max weight is 240). I would also like to go horseback riding and zip lining!

I just to be able to sit in a regular chair, sir down in the bathtub, put on lotion and tie my own shoes simple stuff.

Me too! I can’t wait to be able to clip my toenails without struggling to breathe, and to be able to sit in the car without the buckle digging into my thighs. There are so many little things I am looking forward!

I cant wait to tie my shoes without getting lightheaded and out of breath, to be able to stop taking at least a few of the 11 meds i take now, to be able to wrap up in a regular towel instead of the giant bath sheet... so many things

I can't wait to be able to play with the grand kids and be able to take them places. Without crutches. and not being in pain all the time.

My main goal for having WLS was not initially weight loss, it was to prevent another back surgery. Yes, the goal of the surgery was WL, but that wasn't the reason for the surgery, if that makes sense.

And I managed that. I prevented another back surgery.

Along with the weight loss came a stronger and fitter body what has gone hiking all of fall, has been working out without aches and pains, feeling amazing, being able to go into my closet and knot that everything I put on will fit (or be too big), going into a store and seeing something cute, and know that they'll have a big enough size to fit me. (Unless they are sold out, but not because they don't make the item that big).

So many amazing things has happened since having this surgery. Just that fact that I can walk 12 flights of stairs without getting winded, that I'll walk up escalators, that hiking up a mountain makes me feel alive, that I can't wait to move my body. It's the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Great answers, I want to do all of these. I want to fly, and not mind being in the middle seat, with no seatbelt extender.

Great answers, I want to do all of these. I want to fly, and not mind being in the middle seat, with no seatbelt extender.

Love this.... except I'm gonna say I hate the middle seat and I'm a size 4. I need my personal space [emoji23]

I will NEVER like the middle seat.