Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Salad... what's the deal?

Just had my first salad which just consisted of lettuce and some lite dressing. I feel weird. I can't describe it

How far out are you? I didn't eat salad for MONTHS. And its still touch and go. How did your tummy feel? Really rumbly or painful? My first time eating raw apple, my stomach felt and sounded like a marching band lol.

Sent from my SM-G925T using BariatricPal mobile app

salad was off my list for about 3 months, according to my diet plan. It's just rough on the tum. Anything that high in Fiber, actually, can just shoot through you (a charming picture, I know) and you have to be careful eating.

I am eating salad 14 days post op and love it. It’s one of the few things I can digest easily!!

And I’m a salad lover!!!

I had surgery 3 weeks ago. This is the start of week 4 Week 4 is when i could start introducing all foods on my diet plan. I felt ok weird at first but i think it was mostly in my head. feel fine afterwards.

I was on Clear Liquids for two days after surgery. Then beginning day 3 to day 14 I was on liquids - not necessarily clear - so I added Protein Shakes, Fairlife milk, etc. I’m now on puréed food and will be doing this for one month. I get to move on to more regular food beginning December 6th.

So I have to wait about 6 weeks after surgery before I get a salad or anything normal.

My dietitian warned us about salads. Said that all the veins in the lettuce make it very hard for the stomach to digest. I am 2 1/2 months post op and had my first salad this week with pretty rumbly results. An apple did the same thing. Almonds make the inside of my stomach sore. Eventually we will adapt, but we are still healing.