Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your beauty secret?

This is actually what I am using now and what I plan on using after surgery. I get them free at my work. And that price is not accurate it is much cheaper when on sale. lol Skinn Cosmetics Double Size Pep40 Creme Riche Peptide Cream

http://www.evine.com/Product/313-025

Edited by Krista27

I'm still aging but my skin glows. ;)

Diet, exercise , sleep and Water has been the best thing for my skin. When I shower, I mix coconut oil and turbinado sugar to exfoliate and moisturize my body.

I use oil of olay total effects 7 in one anti aging moisturizer for my face.

https://www.olay.com/en-us/skin-care-products/total-effects-daily-face-moisturizer

My step daughter sent me some good youtube makeup tutorials for mature skin online.

Makeup I keep simple for day. Lotion first, loreal Lumi foundation with a damp beauty blender. waterproof mascara and Lip gloss.

I can be a girly girl at times. I Love date night. It's an excuse to wear heels and makeup.

I bump up my eyes with urban decay nude palette. I can rock a smokey eye without looking too trampy..lol I've learned to invest in eye makeup. You don't want it to flake off and settle under your eyes to emphasize lines/wrinkles.

download.jpg

4a74af99-3b32-4c59-bc55-7acffef2de4a_1.0a47d45caba850eb0e72ca33e93f1585.jpg

images.jpg

I have to second bio oil. I also live dove skin firming lotions for the body.

For wrinkles on the face, start a good skin routine. At night, the first step is cleansing - this will help your products actually absorb into the skin. If you wear makeup, consider cleansing the skin twice. There’s no need to spend much on a cleanser - just make sure you have one! After that, you need a gentle face exfoliation product (it’s like a light chemical exfoliant, don’t use anything grainy. Find a product with AHA or BHA or that says it’s glycolic acid) I like Alpha H liquid gold and Paula’s choice BHA skin exfoliant. Depending on the product (or your skin sensitivity), you may only use the exfoliant every other night. Then you want to find a good serum. If you have age spots you might go with Vitamin C, if it’s wrinkles then I would try Olay or Estée Lauder or anything with retinol). The other thing to consider is moisture, get a product or moisturizer with Hyaluronic acid. I have a range of serums and night creams depending on how my skin “feels”.

If it’s daytime, you will want to cleanse and then wear a sunscreen SPF. You can then put on a hydrating moisturizer (to save time you could get a daytime moisturizer with sun protection in it). Never go on a walk outside without a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.

About has once a week, I also use a skin mask. You could buy one or make one at home with your own natural ingredients.

Also make sure you are taking your Vitamins and drinking lots of Water.

Think carefully about your makeup too. Filling in your eyebrows can make you look younger. Get a shimmer for your cheeks. You want a light glow without looking like a glitter ball. Use a lipliner to give your lips definition (they can get thinner as we get older). I avoid matte lipstick. Something with satin or a touch of gloss/shimmer can look more youthful and less dry. Consider avoiding heavy black eyeliner if your eyes are very lined and wrinkles. Brown, gray or even navy applied with a light touch can be more flattering. Use lots of lashings of mascara.

Finally, don’t worry about wrinkles! If you look at before and after weight loss photos, people in the after photos always look younger and happier! Getting healthy and doing something good for yourself will make you happy and that will shine through!