Dating with the fat girl still on the inside...

34 posts in this topic

dating beyond your 30s is hard...sometimes people have to lower their standards but they refuse to which makes it harder

Edited by illailla

On 11/12/2017 at 7:22 PM, illailla said:

dating beyond your 30s is hard...sometimes people have to lower their standards but they refuse to which makes it harder

I'm not sure I know what you're trying to convey here. Whenever someone has trouble finding a mate, people accuse him or her of being too picky or having too high of a standard. And I'm sure some people are too picky, but sometimes it's just that you haven't met the right person. Sometimes it seems like a miracle when it actually does happen for two people.

I have a preference for certain things in terms of appearance--maybe that's shallow, but I can't imagine having a good relationship without some level of physical attraction. I also have certain parameters--the guy shouldn't be married or involved with another woman! He shouldn't be an alcoholic, a drug user or dealer, unemployed (unless retired or otherwise financially secure). Perhaps the hardest of all, he has to be someone I can talk to comfortably.

Is that too picky? I don't think so, somehow.

23 minutes ago, XYZXYZXYZ1955 said:

some level of physical attraction ... shouldn't be married or involved ... shouldn't be an alcoholic, a drug user or unemployed ... hardest of all, he has to be someone I can talk to comfortably.

Entirely reasonable.