Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

With one bite or one drink....FULLNESS

6 weeks out today and I'm wondering if anyone has a feeling of "just drank too much liquids" with just one bite or one drink. I feel like I came in from working out and guzzled too much Water. Keep in mind I am only eating / drinking 1-2 oz at a time. Too scared to take in more. Then within a short time I am very hungry again. Just not feeling satisfied. Hoping someone has an answer for me. TIA

Sent from my Moto G Play using BariatricPal mobile app

The good thing is you recognize "full"! I have to really work at the liquids, because more than a swallow and a half, and I feel kind of icky. So I do try to get liquids in early in the day, and then concentrate on Protein.

If you can only take a small amount at a time, just do your best! Talk to your doctor's assistant about how you're feeling. Hope its easing off!

I talked to my RD about that today. She said, respect that feeling and don't force it. And if I'm not getting my Protein, then to really supplement with the Protein Drinks.

That doesn’t sound very fun! How are you getting in enough calories and Vitamins? My surgery is in 13 days. These types of stories give me pause. I don’t know what I would do in your shoes right now? Please keep me posted on how you’re doing, and know that I will be praying for you. What state do you live in?

I'm getting enough Protein in by adding unflavored protein to my flavored water and all mushy foods. I had my 6 weeks checkup a couple of days ago and was told my body is still healing and trying to find it's way. That it will get better. I guess I'm am just so tired of having to think about it constantly since I eat, I'm full fast, hungry fast, think about it again. I will say I am actually logging amount of food and times that I'm eating and I have been going a little longer without hunger the past 10 days. I was also told during my checkup that I don't have to fight to get in the 3 Protein Shakes in a day. That since I'm on soft foods now I could get my protein in by eating it and continue to adding it to my mushy foods and drinks. But I do have to drink one per day. Regarding my Vitamins Ive had a hard time with chewables. I never get nauseous until I tried those then vomiting happened. At 2 weeks I started cutting it in 4s and swallowing the pieces throughout the day. I'm taking my vitamins, supplements and meds the same way, throughout the day in order to get them in. Otherwise I feel so extremely full. I guess I will just give it time, be patient and wait for my body to slowly adjust. Cathy_Anne I am from OKLAHOMA. Good luck with your surgery soon. Thanks to everyone for your comments. They are appreciated.

I talked to my RD about that today. She said, respect that feeling and don't force it. And if I'm not getting my Protein, then to really supplement with the protein drinks.< br>

I absolutely have to do this or I wouldn't get my protein in. Thank goodness for the unflavored protein that I put in my drinks and mushy foods. It's just frustrating having to think about eating constantly. My weight problem wasn't really with amounts of food. I used to be a runner, injured both feet and became sedentary. Then I became depressed. I've never eaten a lot just wrong. When running I ate a lot of protein but also a lot of carbs that gave me energy to run. Can't do that when you're sedentary.

That does sound frustrating to be thinking about food all day. I thought one of the benefits of surgery is we won’t be hungry? I sure don’t want to be hungry or uncomfortably full all the time. All of this can feel very overwhelming to me!My surgery is in 10 days and I’m very nervous. I pray I’m making the right choice!

That does sound frustrating to be thinking about food all day. I thought one of the benefits of surgery is we won’t be hungry? I sure don’t want to be hungry or uncomfortably full all the time. All of this can feel very overwhelming to me!My surgery is in 10 days and I’m very nervous. I pray I’m making the right choice!

Some people completely lose the feeling of hunger, others do not, unfortunately. Although, I've found it's just not that gnawing, starving feeling anymore like I'd get preop. But I do still feel like I get hungry just as often.

But more importantly, don't stress and get nervous wondering if u made the right decision. Presumably, you've already done all ur research, talked to ur surgeon about any concerns, rules, plans post op, etc, so trust in yourself that you HAVE made the right choice for u. U can scare yourself reading these boards! [emoji4] But just know, everyone's journey post-op is different and u may not experience any of these things (ie, some folks are never hungry anymore and have to set timers just to remember to eat. So there's that other side of the coin). You'll do fine! Have faith in yourself that u made the right choice, think positive thoughts, and buckle up for the next chapter of ur life!! [emoji6] Good luck hun!!

I re read these posts today, and appreciate everyone who has commented. I am not hungry, ever, so far. I try to keep an eye on "when" I should eat to keep my Fluid intake up. I have not tried the unflavored Protein Powder (I am so over whey), but may do that as I am on soft foods.

I am eating too fast, and causing problems. Giving my body more time to adjust to all the changes seems very wise.

Thanks for starting this thread. So glad you are doing better.