Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November sleevers here

2 hours ago, AbbeySteel said:

Sleeved 11/1: down 26lbs since pre-op liquid diet 10/16!! Excited about that!! Today is day 1 of purée foods. Had one scrambled egg for bfast but ate only about half of it.

This last week was rough with the lack of energy but I know that was due to having nothing in me but liquids. I feel energized already today so I am putting on my sneakers and going outside and walking! Have a great day, folks!!

OH GOOD FOR YOU! congrats and congrats on the puree foods! I envy you that egg!!! I need to go till 29th. I cannot wait. This is not HEAD hunger I feel, it's REAL hunger. Good luck with the puree foods!

Happy Friday all yesterday I had my 1 week and 1 day post op! I have been doing wonderful I am down 17 lbs 9 of those pre-op today makes 9 Days post-op I start taking my chewable vitamins and 7 days of Purée food! I’m excited to try a scrambled egg and maybe some Soups but not everything blended excites me at all! 🤪 I’m thankful to have full energy since like day 4 by day 5 I was off pain meds taking my kids to/from school to get out of the house and I have been getting in over 5,000 steps according to my Fitbit! I thought I was going to hate my surgeon on my birthday 11/15 one week post-op but I felt normal even went to the movies! Everyone is different some will struggle with nausea and vomiting I’m thankful I never did others will struggle with having no energy or pain I did the first few days recovery is swelling and hell! [emoji49] Each day does get better! Happy Healing to all November Sleevers!!

HW:214.9 SW:205.5 CW:197.2
Lapband Removed 9/13/17
Revision to Sleeve 11/8/17
Goal Weight: 145 🤞🏾[emoji1488][emoji1487]

Hey all.. Day 2 here after my surgery. I just want to make sure everything I am feeling is normal. I had a surgery twin(someone I met from Classes) that we have been comparing and we are so totally different ! For instance I have a lot of gas pain I think thats what it is that is around my shoulders and back. I also have this super sharp pain on my left side (maybe where he pulled my leg tummy out). And I feel like I have stomach grumbling/hunger pain? IDK. And when I left the house I weighed 240.6 but now I weigh 245? Please give me some advise everyone, is all this normal?

" userid="142306"]Happy Friday all yesterday I had my 1 week and 1 day post op! I have been doing wonderful I am down 17 lbs 9 of those pre-op today makes 9 Days post-op I start taking my chewable vitamins and 7 days of Purée food! I’m excited to try a scrambled egg and maybe some Soups but not everything blended excites me at all! 🤪 I’m thankful to have full energy since like day 4 by day 5 I was off pain meds taking my kids to/from school to get out of the house and I have been getting in over 5,000 steps according to my Fitbit! I thought I was going to hate my surgeon on my birthday 11/15 one week post-op but I felt normal even went to the movies! Everyone is different some will struggle with nausea and vomiting I’m thankful I never did others will struggle with having no energy or pain I did the first few days recovery is swelling and hell! [emoji49] Each day does get better! Happy Healing to all November Sleevers!!

Lapband Removed 9/13/17

That's all so amazing, congrats! I just met with my team today, 1 week 1 day post op. Looking forward go moving up in this journey with puréed starting on Thanksgiving!

" userid="142306"]Happy Friday all yesterday I had my 1 week and 1 day post op! I have been doing wonderful I am down 17 lbs 9 of those pre-op today makes 9 Days post-op I start taking my chewable vitamins and 7 days of Purée food! I’m excited to try a scrambled egg and maybe some Soups but not everything blended excites me at all! 🤪 I’m thankful to have full energy since like day 4 by day 5 I was off pain meds taking my kids to/from school to get out of the house and I have been getting in over 5,000 steps according to my Fitbit! I thought I was going to hate my surgeon on my birthday 11/15 one week post-op but I felt normal even went to the movies! Everyone is different some will struggle with nausea and vomiting I’m thankful I never did others will struggle with having no energy or pain I did the first few days recovery is swelling and hell! [emoji49] Each day does get better! Happy Healing to all November Sleevers!!

Lapband Removed 9/13/17

That's all so amazing, congrats! I just met with my team today, 1 week 1 day post op. Looking forward go moving up in this journey with puréed starting on Thanksgiving!

Yay that’s great Thanksgiving starts my soft mushy foods so I already have my meal planned mashed potatoes or a small sweet potatoes, turkey blended in gravy and dressing and maybe a bite of pie hours later! Going to take it slow and nibble my small plate all day! Good luck!

Lapband Removed 9/13/17

I had my sleeve surgery on Nov. 10th at Duke in NC. The surgery went well, I stayed in recovery for several hours after my surgery to watch my b/p. It tends to be low. I was wheeled into my room at about 5pm. This hospital does not use pain medicine, they have a cocktail of to toradol IV, Tylenol and Neurotin along with zofran for nausea. I didn't need any pain medicine until the next Saturday night. I had no nausea, no vomiting and very little pain, discomfort yes, but not pain per se. I was discharged that Sunday and asked for pain medicine for the ride home. My husband drives like a maniac. He did so well that day! I've been doing my Protein Shakes, Water, Decaf coffee and chicken broth this week. I did end up with cellulitis around one of my surgical sites. I have six incisions. I'm really looking forward to being able to eat mushy food!! I hope everyone is doing well. I did gain 12 lbs after surgery and consulted the pros on this board and my Dr. The pros on this board were exactly right. IV fluids and water weight. I'm 60 years old. Hang in there November people!! It was way better than I expected!!

Had my sleeve 11/13. Went home 11/15. I was so nauseous in hospital and figured out it was due to the Dilauted pain meds. Once I got off that I got better. Best thing I did was come home! I'm still sore, feeling very good but gassy. Lots of gas in my chest and burped up foam a lot. Getting better each day. Just want to feel normal again! I have only 4 incisions and they are very minor. Feel like every sip I take of anything I'm swallowing air. I did walk at Target today but felt weak. Got some good cream soups
So now feeling a bit better.

ok hello! Just had my sleeve monday. I feel great! first 2 days were rough but uphill after that. IM not being super vigilant about meausring my intake however, I feel like im drinking too much!! How is that even possible? im drinking about 2-3 oz of someting every hour. I allowed yogurt, sf pudding, broth, protien shakes, things like that. Thoughts?

ok hello! Just had my sleeve monday. I feel great! first 2 days were rough but uphill after that. IM not being super vigilant about meausring my intake however, I feel like im drinking too much!! How is that even possible? im drinking about 2-3 oz of someting every hour. I allowed yogurt, sf pudding, broth, protien shakes, things like that. Thoughts?

I don't think you can drink too much. The liquids empty fast so I'm sure it just feels like you can take on more. I can't have Protein until next week! I'm jealous.

On 11/2/2017 at 9:08 PM, TheNewMrsR said:

No pain yet. They were putting pain meds in my IV every few hours. I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow after being home and the meds have worn off. Walking was a breeze. No passing gas yet either unless I did it in my sleep.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved the 15th and just started passing gas last night.

8 hours ago, Kassgar3 said:

I was sleeved the 15th and just started passing gas last night.

Where at in florida? I was sleeved on the 15th as well, Naples here. I didnt get rid of all my gas yet but i am getting better daily. Started my Protein today and two bottles of Water. So far so good!!

Ugh guys, I twisted wrong today and feel like a pulled a muscle in my waist. It hurts to breathe out and move around. I'm obviously trying to lay low but I hosted a bridal shower today and somehow managed to overdo it YET AGAIN! I can't stand this, I just want to be healed and do normal things. The world doesn't wait for us to get better! So frustrated :( trying my best not to feel defeated but today was the first day in this journey that I was really sad and felt left out.

Ugh guys, I twisted wrong today and feel like a pulled a muscle in my waist. It hurts to breathe out and move around. I'm obviously trying to lay low but I hosted a bridal shower today and somehow managed to overdo it YET AGAIN! I can't stand this, I just want to be healed and do normal things. The world doesn't wait for us to get better! So frustrated [emoji20] trying my best not to feel defeated but today was the first day in this journey that I was really sad and felt left out.

Stay strong . We all have a day or days like that. Just try to keep in mind your goals for doing this to begin with. This will pass and in a few months it will all seem worth it.