Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can some people let me know how long you were in the Hospital?

Tomorrow, I am finally having my Sleeve put in & Hiatal Hernia repaired. My Insurance requires an overnight stay. But, really curious how many people left the next day or had to stay longer and why. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I was braced to be outpatient, leave the same day. I ended up staying two nights with the blessings of my doctors because the gas pain subsequent to surgery was so severe that overall crappiness ensued.
All good now.

I have to stay in 2 nights. I’m happy with this as I think it’s appropriate and safe. I know people have done really well with day surgery but gawd I’ve seen too many complications in my career to be happy with that.

1 night for me. Had surgery 10/20. So 3 days now

Sent from my SM-J327T using BariatricPal mobile app

I had to stay for 2 nights but stayed a 3rd because it was quiet compared to my house with kids [emoji12] plus, I had such bad acid that I could barely drink.

I should add, I cannot even fathom it as outpatient. Between the leak test and all the other stuff. I would be terrified to be home., having an adjustable bed was excellent.

Great. Thank you everyone for letting me know. I feel like Im better prepared. Heading out in an hour for the Hospital. Happy beyond words! See you guys on the other side.

Sent from my SM-N920P using BariatricPal mobile app

I stayed 2 nights. My doctor would have let me go after the 1st night but I had a tough time with nausea. Then the rounding resident didn’t advance my diet on morning 1, and by mid afternoon when my doctor came in, I still hadn’t proved I could keep anything down. So I stayed an extra night.
It was a trade off. I would have been far more comfortable at home. I would’ve slept and rested better without people constantly rounding in my room. However there was a payoff. The nurses kept me on a strict schedule of taking different antiemetics and made me a list of mini goals (walking laps in the hall, drinking so many ounces an hour) and I would check them off when completed. It was helpful to be accountable for doing those things.