Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 15th..and I'm in SO much PAIN

It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make. After my visit to G.P., finding this forum (which answered a lot of my queries), and talking to the dietitian (who said I could start mushy solids), I'm feeling less pain and much more positive.

I haven't had an operation before, so that's probably why the pain was a bit of a shock. :rolleyes The hunger (and resulting lethargy) is better now I have started on solids.

So, anyone who's banding is coming up, take heart. Yesterday I wanted to rip it out, today I'm happy it's there!!!:eek:

Hi Jenny,

Glad you are feeling better! I go for my pre-op today and then get banded Nov 6th. Not as worried about the pain as I am about just waking back up...

It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make. After my visit to G.P., finding this forum (which answered a lot of my queries), and talking to the dietitian (who said I could start mushy solids), I'm feeling less pain and much more positive.

I haven't had an operation before, so that's probably why the pain was a bit of a shock. :rolleyes The hunger (and resulting lethargy) is better now I have started on solids.

So, anyone who's banding is coming up, take heart. Yesterday I wanted to rip it out, today I'm happy it's there!!!:)

When were you banded?

I won't be banded until 11/13/07. I am extremely nervous and excited at the same time. I have 150-160 lbs to lose and hope the Lap Band can help me get there. I have screwed up so many diets that I get scared I could screw this up too.

I agree with you Dozy - after only losing 18 pounds I already feel like a new person. It's been 10 days since my surgery and today I barely even realize I had surgery. I'm getting hungry but tomorrow I think at my first post-op appointment I'm going to get approval to have mushies.

Can't wait !

Top down bug. 18 pounds in 10 days??Wow, that's great. My surgery was on the 16th and I have lost 10 pounds but I cant wait to lose the remaining 80. I feel great and except for the gas pain a first few days. I feel fine. I am praying to God for no complications. I am still on liquids though. I can't wait till next week so I can start my mushies....

I was banded on the 10th. everything has been fine since surgery, i had 2 days worth of pain pills to take and didnt even take all of them. only thing i had was some soreness, felt like i did a bunch of situps

I had severe pain, especially my port site and back for about 1 1/2 weeks. I was banded 8/31/07 and my port site is still tender.

Hi Ann,

I meant to reply earlier and thank you for your message. You'll be fine, try not to worry. I'm about 11 days post surgery now and feel almost normal apart from a little sore at port site.

I still feel like I can eat perhaps more than I should, although not nearly as much as I used to, but of course I haven't had a fill yet.

I'm in Australia. Where are you?

Jenny:)

Hi Jenny,

I am in NY on Long Island. I have one week till surgery, just wish it would hurry up and get here!

So glad to hear you are feeling well! How are the mushies going? I am wondering if I will be afraid to eat...

Best Wishes

The biggest surprice ever was that even though my surgery was over 2 hours where Dr. Voellinger had to "dig-out" my 42 month old Vanguard band & port that had failed and replace it with a new AP-s band & 2nd location for a new low-profile port, I NEVER had to take the 1st pain meds. I have the most gentle surgeon in the world....I know it's hard to believe but it's true.

I was banded just 5 days ago and left the hospital with no pain medicine and have taken childrens advil for discomfort.

Hi Ann,

Mushies are fine - heaps better than just fluids. But I still think I'm able to eat more than I should - I haven't seen much weight loss yet. I was wary of eating at the beginning, but hunger and habit took over!

You'll be glad to get the op behind you I'm sure.

I haven't visited Long Island, but did NYC to LA by coach in 2000 - really good! My favourites - NYC, Bryce Canyon and Mt Rushmore. Want to come back one day!

Thinking of you as you get closer to band date!

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

Wow you have seen more here in the states then I have! Someday when I get move around easily I would love to do a road trip across country. First need to lose this weight then need to have both knees replaced...THEN I will be able to do that. We have been to CA a few times and pretty much everywhere on the east coast. When we do travel far we LOVE the Caribbean, I just love to snorkel. We would also love to visit Australia, but sorry that Steve Irwin is gone. I would have LOVED to see him!

Do you measure what you eat? Do you know about how many ounces you are able to eat? I have been told that at most I will be able to eat is 3 oz. per meal if I am lucky. I am going to stick to that even if I feel I can eat more. I figure if I put myself through all this then I better stick to it and lose a LOT of weight!

Glad to hear you are doing well, I am sure then pounds will start droping soon! When is your next DR appointment?

Best Wishes,