Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded on the 15th..and I'm in SO much PAIN

I was banded on 18 Oct by Dr Gornichec in Oklahoma City. I have felt good except for the gas. I do walk a lot but, glad to hear about the heating pad, will give it a try. Wish I would have been told a little more about what to expect after the surgery, i.e. the gas and what to do for it. I am so tired of yogurt smoothies and broth, but this too shall pass. Just a little more intense than what I expected. How long did it take for most of you to have the gas subside?

I had my surgery on 10/3, I guess I was one of the lucky ones I was up and about the day after surgery. On 10/5 my husband and I were running errands. I do have tenderness at the port area but nothing more than a 2 on the pain scale. Best wishes!

For me it wasn't until day 7 that the gas STARTED to subside. Even today, day 9, I'm not 100%, but it's about 95% bearable. I have my moments...

Keep on walkin'! That's all I can say...

weight.png

OMG!! THAT IS TOOOOO FUNNY!!! I am ROFLMAO! :roll::eek::rofl:B)

LOL...it was either that or an in depth discussion on the 'other gas'. Even in typing that I was going to use a phrase far more inappropriate, but decided against being myself for a second. You'll thank me later!

:)

weight.png

Luckily I'm no stranger to pain... babies, gall stones and removal, and some nip tuck.... the band was a breeze compared to those.

But each person has a different pain tolerance, and some docs may traumatize the area more than others.

Just grit the teeth and know ... one day soon... the pain will subside, the weight will start to come off...then it will be worth it.

hey graceutah,

where did you get your surgery done? I'm going to be living in utah next summer so I wanted to find out more information about doctors in that area.

Yes i experienced pain in my side and pain in my shoulder for a little while after the op, but it does settle down.

So how are you feeling now, NP1978? Are you feeling better???? Hope so!!

Amy

Actually, I'm feeling pretty good! Thank you all for your advice, I guess I just had to wait the pain out. I decided to work from home today, just to be on the safe side, but I think I will go back tomorrow...or at least Wednesday! :)

The bad part is that now i'm hungry! I'm on a liquid diet until Thursday, when I go to see my surgeon, however, I can't stop thinking about food. I cheated and ate some mushy food this weekend. Not much, but a little bit to make me feel like I ate something. :kiss

Yes i experienced pain in my side and pain in my shoulder for a little while after the op, but it does settle down.

I'm having pain 8 days after surgery in my left hand side. If you divide the belly into quarters, it's in the lower left quadrant. Sort of to the left of the port going downward. Does anyone have a clue to this? Could it be gas? I had some mushies this last weekend and maybe that is what is causing this. I'm cornfused!

...I did get really scared a few days before my surgery from some (what I call ) horror stories I read on here. I told myself - don't read any more now - unless you really want to think about backing out. I continued to read but only encouraging stories... Judy

I did the same thing. I joined this forum 2 days before my surgery. I was not willing to back out so I kept to the positive.

I knew there was going to be pain. My biggest concern was being able to get out of bed since I have a waterbed converted to a mattress bed -- you have to roll over to get out. I used an old crutch the first two days home to help because I was afraid of falling on my stomach and hurting anything inside -- and after that I no longer needed it.

To my surprise, I had zero pain -- and I had a C-section 14 years ago, and my chest cut open to remove a tumor 6 years ago, ... so compared to that pain of recovery (both took a month), this recovery was ideal.

I have a waterbed and I have not figured out how I am going to get out of it! I may have to sleep in a chair for the first few days.

Dozy holy cow! I would have had a heart attach when the dr said that to me! So glad to hear everything went so well! I pray for the same thing here. I have been fighting to get my BMI under the danger mark of 60 and above. I WILL get there in the next two weeks if it kills me lol :mad:

Best wishes all!

I had surgery yesterday and I just got home. Ended up needing hyatel (however us pell that) hernia op, tooTired and achy, but manageable. No anesthesia probs, no drinking probs, working on PC from home. Excited abt the future!

Hi all! yea! i am almost 3 weeks out feeling much better!!! im very hungry though!!! cant wait to eat food! of any kind at this point all liquid is horrible! Wishes i almost had to get blood becuz the doc thought maybe i lost too much blood from surgery and that i was enimec however its spelled lol! thank god i didnt need blood i just had 2 liters of Fluid due to dehydration , i was drinking but i guess not enough ! i am very glad i am starting to feel somewhat human again it does get better people ! i was starting to think i made a mistake though the first week of all this its getting better each day! good luck to all!

Hi. I am concerned that you are having immense pain. i had surgery 10/11 and I can't even say I had actual pain. The first few days it was uncomfortable to roll over in bed or to get up from sitting position, but it was more uncomfortable than pain. It felt tight and I had to stretch out before I could get moving. Even the incision sites didn't hurt. After a few days I could move more and more. I am back to work now and I get tired easily but that's it. I think if you are experiencing a lot of pain in all those areas, I would call doc and see. My doc said pain should be minimal to none and he was right. I know people say some ppl tolerate pain more than others, but really - it wasn't painful. Everyone's experience is different too and you may have other issues that I didn't. A friend of mine had scar tissue that had to be removed so her port area was very tender to touch. Check in with doc and see what he says to be on the safe side. Never hurts to ask - no pun intended. Do know though that every day is so much easier than the day before. Take meds if you have to and rest. Take the time to do it now and heal properly. Take care and I wish you all the best