Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How big is our stomach after surgery

Hey guys I got bypass surgery 5/1/17 and I lost 118 pounds, I was 433 day of surgery. I wanted to know on average how big are our stomachs now? I wanted to know because I can eat some stuff but Its only a few bites and I'm scared of stretching my stomach :(

4oz should be the size of your new stomache, about the size of an egg...

They describe it as the size of an egg, but it should be able to hold 3-4 ounces of soft meat by now. (Like a whole can of tuna if you don't add a bunch of stuff to it).

Eat until you are satisfied, but not stuffed, and you don't have to worry about stretching your pouch. Your stomach will naturally hold more over time, so that's why you have to pay attention to what you are eating, not just how much.

I had spaghetti and meatballs, the meal was 12 oz. I had the noodles first, it was small sized, I waited 15 minutes and had 4 small meatballs, than I threw the dish away. I finished it. I`m now full. Is this normal? help me I'm scared ive stretched out my stomach . :(

I had spaghetti and meatballs, the meal was 12 oz. I had the noodles first, it was small sized, I waited 15 minutes and had 4 small meatballs, than I threw the dish away. I finished it. I`m now full. Is this normal? help me I'm scared ive stretched out my stomach . [emoji20]

Aren’t you supposed to eat your Protein first? And even so 12 oz seems like an awful lot to me just now. Maybe not do that again?

I wont, I bought veggies and fruits, all small, I'm starting my plant based diet starting tomorrow. I`ll be juicing dark green nutrient veggies and drinking small amounts.

I wont, I bought veggies and fruits, all small, I'm starting my plant based diet starting tomorrow. I`ll be juicing dark green nutrient veggies and drinking small amounts.

Again, Protein first... and rather than juicing eat the fruit itself I’m told.

that's what my Protein Drinks are for :)

If the noodles were covered in sauce, they probably just slid right through your anamosis (especially since you waited 15 minutes)... and then the meatballs went into a (probably) empty pouch.

This is why I eat for no more than 10 minutes, then stop. The stomach can empty oh so fast with some foods.

Since you are going plant-based, let me recommend bean noodles for Pasta. They are basically all Protein and Fiber. Shoot, even meat-based Keto dieters can probably eat them!

Be prepared to get full on a much smaller portion. Here is one for sale (I get mine at my grocery store). There is the nut. info on down the page.

https://thrivemarket.com/explore-cuisine-organic-black-bean-pasta-spaghetti-shape?utm_source=google&utm_medium=pla&ccode=FIRST3&ccode_force=1&utm_medium=pla&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Shopping_Food_Beverages&utm_content=854183006003&utm_term=google-pla_na&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6uCJ4qvt1gIVAVqGCh3kbwMWEAQYASABEgIaK_D_BwE

I didn't know that the stomach can empty so fast. I thought food sat there for alittle bit. I mostly wait 2hrs between a small meal and a small drink. Is that appropriate?

oh ok cool thanks :)