Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BCBS RI requirements?

11 hours ago, briae13 said:

I was hoping to have a date before the new year, surgery in January (going to be February at earliest now because work needs a months notice) but at least I had an appointment lol

At least the time will fly by! I have my pre-op testing on Monday. Sh*t's getting real!

Pre-op testing this morning. No food or drink after midnight and oohhhhh the dry mouth! Fingers crossed all goes smoothly this morning! :D

2 minutes ago, BeTrue83 said:

Awesome!!! How did it go?

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app

It was really quick. I was in and out for both the upper GI and the EKG in under 20 minutes total. They did both in the same room. (They were able to see my reflux as it happened and my hiaital hernia, which was kind of interesting.) I expect to see the surgeon on Wednesday and set a date for surgery. Still aiming for the 28th. Fingers crossed!

It was really quick. I was in and out for both the upper GI and the EKG in under 20 minutes total. They did both in the same room. (They were able to see my reflux as it happened and my hiaital hernia, which was kind of interesting.) I expect to see the surgeon on Wednesday and set a date for surgery. Still aiming for the 28th. Fingers crossed!

That's awesome That's exactly what happened with me

Upper GI results are in to the surgeon's office, but the EKG results are not, and I guess they are usually fairly immediate. My last EKG was about 8 months ago and all was well, but I'm totally paranoid that it's delayed because something is wrong. :o

Congrats!!! And I'm sure everything is fine, if you're check patient portal it could just not be updating correctly. My appointment for ekg took forever to update on there.

Congrats!!! And I'm sure everything is fine, if you're check patient portal it could just not be updating correctly. My appointment for ekg took forever to update on there.

I called Dr. Stafford’s office. They want to have me see him tomorrow for pre surgical appt but can’t schedule me until that’s in. They’re the ones who told me it’s usually available to them right away. ( But they did NOT suggest anything was wrong.) Hopefully it comes through this morning.)

Panic is over. I'm going in today to see the surgeon for my pre-op visit. New nerves will set in in a week or so no doubt! :o

Panic is over. I'm going in today to see the surgeon for my pre-op visit. New nerves will set in in a week or so no doubt!

Yayyyyy we worry so much for no reason it always works out for us lol... I definitely have been stressing throughout this entire pre-approval process...

I'm approved surgery is 12/26 started my preop diet yesterday but I'm going to officially start tomorrow

I’m the 28th!

8 hours ago, briae13 said:

Congrats you two!!! Crossing my fingers I can get in around the first week of feb. can't wait to hear how your journeys & surgeries go!

Thank you! Hopefully you're all set soon and get scheduled for early Feb! One thing I've learned in this journey, and that you've posted about here and on the FB page, you have to be your own advocate. For me, I was lucky enough to pull in one of my Dr's secretary as my advocate too. She has had my back every step of the way and she is the sole reason I was able to be scheduled when I wanted to. I had three different people tell me yesterday it would be a month until my surgery, and I just nodded and smiled because she told me not to worry, she had me. Sure enough, when the Dr. came in he said "we're not going to wait for your blood work to come back. We've got you in on the 28th." Total and complete gratitude that I found a personal ally in his office.