Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

it appears i've lost my motivation ...

I am at the same place myself, I thank everyone of you for taking the time to respond to losing, I'm taking it all to heart for me, too. I've got a lot farther to go, and at this point, barely 9 months into this weight loss thing, I can't believe that I seem to have lost my mojo. The clothes are looser, I can fit in things I haven't worn in years, and I'm happy about that, but...

I can't seem to put down the chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix and the Doritos...

I am at the same place myself, I thank everyone of you for taking the time to respond to losing, I'm taking it all to heart for me, too. I've got a lot farther to go, and at this point, barely 9 months into this weight loss thing, I can't believe that I seem to have lost my mojo. The clothes are looser, I can fit in things I haven't worn in years, and I'm happy about that, but...

I can't seem to put down the chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix and the Doritos...

My #1 enemy! ;)

Hi losingjusme,

I wish I had some advice to set this right for you. You are an incredible person and you deserve happiness. You have given wonderful advice in posts and been an inspiration to me. Even now you inspire me with your honesty. It is good to know there is a struggle coming (though I am not looking forward to it). I am still a band newbie and I have been hanging out primarily on one thread. Today I got brave and landed on this thread. There was a reson for that. We really have made a life long commitment and there will be incrediblly difficult obsticles in our paths. I still have so many times when my pre-band head gets to me. I spent 43 years learning how to be fat. I hope it does not take 43 years to learn to be fit. Still working on the why I over eat which always boils down to my not feeling loved (at the root of the issue), usually love of myself, not love from others. I don't know if working out something in your head will help, but I do hope you find the motivation to get on track.

Wheetsin has also been an incredible example to me and I have gleaned so much good stuff from her posts. She gives good info on the difficulty of her journey and I find inspiration in her perseverence.

I have always found something inspirational about Rosie the Riviter. She is a lone working woman and even though the slogan goes, "We can do it", it is the individual that achievs the goal. For you, please click the link below...

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/mmcbelle/losingjusme.jpg

Keep with it, you can do it,

MMT

Do you think that maybe a fill would help you? I tell some people that I had no willpower so I had it surgically implanted. I can't eat much garbage anymore without throwing up. I watched my entire family scarf down pizza, but I had no desire to eat it, because i have tried it before and it caused intense pain. Don't they call that diversion therapy?;):cry

I can't seem to put down the chocolate Peanut Butter Chex Mix and the Doritos...[/quote]

My solution for these things.. DO NOT HAVE THEM IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My biggest problem would be all this crap if I kept it around. Cokes especially, I still fiend for them time to time. If someone in the house wants them, have them buy a one person bag and eat it on their own time!

My DH gets Mt. Dew (my beloved..) every day, but he gets 1 bottle and drinks it at work.

If there was a can in the house, I'm pretty sure I'd end up having it!

If you can't say NO to the chex mix and doritos, THROW THEM OUT!

When I go to family cookouts, I graze and eat bad bad things. Why? Because they're there and I have bad self control.

But when I'm at home, those bad bad things aren't here to tempt me!

I completely agree with that. My son comes over and says "you have nothing to eat in this house" If he doesn't want cottage cheese, Protein Drinks, etc . then I guess he is right! I can't keep anything in the house, but I am lucky that I live alone. I usually will allow myself one sort of treat when I go to the grocery store, which isn't very often anymore.

OMG you guys. i just cannot believe the support i have received here **crying**.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

all of your responses are so very much appreciated. i need to spend some time with DH, but will respond in a bit.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

(btw - i did get a fill today. i told her to make my 'hole' the size of a 20 gauge syringe. ;) we'll see if she listened to me...)

Glad you got good encouragement!!!

I remember once -- after having made excellent progress on Weight Watchers -- I decided I deserved to 'coast' a while. All I accomplished was losing my momentum!!!

The motivation was gone. I'd lost enough to cut out several prescriptions, my knees weren't hurting, I got compliments every where I went and all my clothes were brand new!!!! Hey!! That was the best my life had been in many years!

Never mind I was STILL 100 lbs overweight!

It took 5 years to gain it all back, but I did -- AND THEM SOME! (Ya'll know THAT routine, right?) But I did....and now I'm banded. I'm terribly pessimistic that I will do that again....shoot myself in the foot!!

At least with the banding....I know I might stand still a while, but there's no excuse for going backwards, as long as I can scrape together a C-note and find someone who'll fill me!!

Hang in there, Losing -- you ARE an inspiration!!

<p>This is fitting since we're talking about motivation. I accidentally posted this to Before & After, but meant for it to go here.</p> <p> </p> <p>Seriously - if you don't already, and have any means to get it done, take naked pictures. Taking pictures in the same outfit over & over is well and good, but you aren't going to see the differences in your skin and shape.</p> <p> </p> <p>Every month I take pictures in 1) the same outfit from pre-op, 2) the closest I can get to skin tight current outfit, 3) completely naked.</p> <p> </p> <p>For the most part, I have DH take the naked pictures and write them to a VERY secure external & mostly detached hard drive. I can't stand looking at my naked pictures.</p> <p> </p> <p>Nearly 10 years ago, when I was on the upward swing of my extremely fast weight gain, I had hubby take some naked polaroids of me. (Yes kids, there was a day before every household had 15 digital cameras when you either had to take polariod, or risk every mallrat at the photo stand seeing your pictures). Not nearly as fun as it sounds, I promise. This was my way of motivating myself to do something about my increasing weight. Of course, all it really did was make me feel ashamed and disgusted.</p> <p> </p> <p>Tonight while cleaning out some old boxes o' stuff I found those named pictures. And you know what? I'm SOO glad I took them. When I looked at the clothed pictures, I can dismiss it away, always, to some extent. </p> <p> </p> <p>Naked, it is what it is.</p> <p> </p> <p>BTW, this before pic is WAY before. About 8.5 years before I was banded. It's also me about 50 lbs below my highest weight. Cropped for your viewing pleasure, of course. wink.gif</p> <p> </p> <p></p>

You have come a long way for a long time. You have to jump start your program. You are feeling a little better about yourself even though not completely happy with being the weight you are now, you are dropping as fast as you did in the beginning and it is real hard work now. Write down your downfalls honestly like a check list. Read it each morning and decide I will not do this or that. If you don't do atleast 50% of whats on that list, stick with it. The following week check off some more. Write out a meal plan, one that worked for you before. Go back to when losing was a little easier. Remove all junk from house and do not go to where there is temptation, even if it is for a week or two. Stay in if you have to. Also, the motivation of being thinner than your sister isn't a good motivation because you have to like you for you. Don't make it a competition because in a competition there is aways a loser. The stress of that alone can make you feels exhausted. Yes, that will be a nice reward in the end, but that can't be your focus now. Revisit your nutritionist and discuss what you are doing. Are you properly restricted? Go back to the source, your docs, nutritionist and basically start over. But also, stop beating yourself up. You have done fantastic! You just have to pick up where you left off and continue your journey. Get in the chat rooms here and talk to people. They help me out alot. Find new motivations, you are healthier but are you are the healthiest you can be? You are smaller but are you where you want to be? Playing with DD is better but is it at the best? If everything is 100% where you wanted it to be, then you are successful for your original goals - set new ones. If not, get them to the 100% mark and still add new ones. Take small steps, not everything at one time. It is obviously in you to do it, because you have, now you just have to refind it. Good luck!

You are my new running buddy! You were my motivation to start! Don't be discouraged becasue I need you and it is all about me! :heh:

gads ... one day i am swamped at work (normally i hear crickets it's so quiet...)

i am SO going to do this ... i cant NOT do it, ya know ... so, if i have to take it 1 meal/snack at a time right now, that's what i am going to do...

thanks!

edited - Wheetsin ... naked pics ... eeeeeeeeeeek ... i dont think so! :embarassed::embarassed:

I want to get pictures of me on those transparancies. so I can lay one over the other to see myself shrink.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Wheet, that pic is just an X on my computer, I wanna see!!

And losing, I do the naked pics too. I get to see every roll and fold that way. And wow, what a difference. I take clothed pics to share, but the naked ones I compare for me, and it really makes me feel better.. and then makes me want to find some part specific exercises. Damn love handles go on for hours.

I want to get pictures of me on those transparancies. so I can lay one over the other to see myself shrink.

Does anyone know how to do that?

Do you have a graphics program like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro? You need an application that will let you adjust layer transparency.

If you want to PM me your pictures, I can make it for you.