Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need some encouragement and motivation!

I was banded almost exactly a year ago, and I didn't really lose anything from January to May. Then from May to October I lost about 70 lbs! Since the beginning of November I've been on a plateau.

I'm ecstatic about being consistently under 200 for the past few months - I think this is the thinnest I've been in my adult life, and a couple weeks ago I bought a little black dress in...get this...a size 12! At a regular store! And a little skirt suit set in an 11/12. I still can't wrap my mind around that.

Even though I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far, I feel like I've just been slacking for the past couple months. This is the first time I've logged on here in quite a while, and I haven't been holding myself very accountable.

Part of it is the new boyfriend, I'm sure - the more time I spend with him, the less likely I am to find time to exercise. And he likes to take me out and buy me dinner, which means I end up eating not-so-good-for-me food (though it's nice to be with a man who likes to pay for once! =).

He just finished law school a few weeks ago and is studying practically non-stop for the bar right now, which means I have more time on my hands to go and workout (which I started doing again a couple weeks ago, go me!). I think I really need to concentrate on following the food rules again, though. I don't take small enough bites, I don't chew well enough, I don't make Protein my first priority. It's like I know what I need to do but I just haven't been able to find the motivation to do it and it's frustrating. I think I just needed to vent about it!

Marie, do you know why you had such a slow start? I am also having a slow beginning. Anyway, you're doing an awesome job. Keep it up, girl!!!

Hi Marie... you have done a fantastic job so far and I bet you look fantastic! I know that my surgeon sugests that it may be time for a fill if a bandster has zero weight-loss or a gain for anything longer than a month ... do you feel like you have enough restriction??? I've been have some of the same issues... and had to force myself to return to some of the most basic bandster rules. I told myself to at least follow two of the rules... 1. chew...chew...chew 2. no Water with or after meals. Just going back to those simple rules has helped beyond what I would have imagined.

(((hugs)))

Darcy

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies!

Blossom - I'm not really sure why I started so slow. I lost maybe 10 pounds in the first couple weeks, but then as I moved to mushies and then to solids, the weight came back. I just didn't have any restriction. I got a couple fills, and I got a little restriction, but it wasn't enough that I was losing much. Then in May I got my third fill and all of a sudden the restriction just hit me! Not in a bad way, but I just suddenly knew what restriction really felt like.

Darcy - Ya know, I haven't had a fill since that fill in May, and though I still do have restriction, it's definitely waned from where it used to be. I suspect that it probably is time for me to get another fill but my Dr. is in my hometown, which is a two hour drive from where I live and work now. And since he only does appointments on Tuesdays (gee, how convenient =p), it's nearly impossible to get over there since I'd have to take a whole day off work to do it. I am scheduling an appointment for the beginning of March, though. I guess I'll just have to use up some sick time!

Marie, you've done amazing! I think we all have been bad during the holiday season. But we have our band and we'll get back on track. How about having your boyfriend buy one really nice meal in a nice restaurant and split it? You can choose baked, grilled, or steamed lean moist meats. Skip the fried stuff and pastas. Add steamed vegetables. Those plates are plenty big for two people!

Marie,

Size 12, LOL you Rat.. Just kidding! Your progress although slightly shaky at times has been significant. When your new Bo (who sounds great) asks you out, you might think ahead to what you are going to eat. In the past I have actually gotten the menu faxed to me so I could make my choice before I got there with out anyone knowing I was watching my calories.

You have done great, keep it up and keep us posted on the BO

Marie - I love splitting food! My best friend is a bandster too and I love going out with her because we can always share. Shane (boyfriend) and I do split once in a while, but most of the time he's hungry enough to eat a whole entree himself (and still stay thin, that brat! =). I love cooking for him though, because I know he'll eat and I can send him home with leftovers. If I don't have somebody to cook for I tend to not cook as often because I always end up making too much and wasting it!

Rachel - haha, I know! This is literally the first time I've been a size 12 since 6th grade, it's unbelievable! Picking a meal beforehand is a good idea - I'm so indecisive that I get to a restaurant and can't decide what I want and usually end up with something unhealthy.

Marie, it sounds like you are already back on track! Congratulations on your great loss! It is sure to continue as you return to the basics and get that new fill. :)

OMG size 12 I cannot even remember getting into a size 12.. I'm Jealous

Sounds like you already are making the changes to get on track..

You have done an amazing job Marie.