Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

On solids stage but have concerns

I finally reached solids stage. Felt like forever to get here but i am glad i get to try out food to see what i can tolerate and what i can't. Now that i am here in solids it feels weird in the sense that I feel like i don't have gastric bypass surgery. I say this because food is going down well and have not had my first dumping syndrome event yet. Im struggling with how much food should i be eating. According to the paperwork of the nutritionist they recommend about one cup of food per meal. Don't know if that is alot to eat or is it normal. Also i feel less hunger and have to force myself to eat because i don't feel hunger.. also when it comes to drinking liquids now all is going down very normal which i guess is a good thing. Any feedback would be appreciated..

I had sleeve but generally had same reaction - returning to food was pretty easy.
It is my understanding that dumping often comes from high fat high sugar foods. So no dumping (yet) sounds to me like you are doing well on your plan. Some people never get any dumping.
For me the two times I had issues were 1...not chewing enough. I knew as soon as I swallowed that it was too big of a piece of food and it came back up. 2...i forgot about waiting to drink and I had some Water on my full stomach and it came back out.
So....keep chewing. Keep giving the pause after meals before drinking.
If I'm full, then I stop. I don't want to force more food in and make myself sick.
Just be sure to track.
I still use one Protein Shake a day to hit my target of 80g Protein.< br>
Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm still drinking my 90 grams of Protein daily, but add Proteins in baby-sized bites & chew like crazy. Learning to slow down has been the bane of my existence, but 3.5 mos post-op & over 60 lbs lost, I've mastered this. I'm losing 3-4 lbs weekly, but have been exercising since surgery, beginning with just walking. I did have one of my hernias repaired during my gastric sleeve surgery & I'm so happy to not need any of my Rx's for GERD/Acid Reflux since surgery.Thanks for your post. I'm going to the nutritionist/nutritional support group tomorrow, so if I learn anything more, I'll share. Namaste.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

I forgot to mention learning our stomach's the size of an egg has been a great visual for me to get my portions of Protein in & to have them stay down.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BariatricPal mobile app

I finally reached solids stage. Felt like forever to get here but i am glad i get to try out food to see what i can tolerate and what i can't. Now that i am here in solids it feels weird in the sense that I feel like i don't have gastric bypass surgery. I say this because food is going down well and have not had my first dumping syndrome event yet. Im struggling with how much food should i be eating. According to the paperwork of the nutritionist they recommend about one cup of food per meal. Don't know if that is alot to eat or is it normal. Also i feel less hunger and have to force myself to eat because i don't feel hunger.. also when it comes to drinking liquids now all is going down very normal which i guess is a good thing. Any feedback would be appreciated..

How far post op are u?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using BariatricPal mobile app