Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's In Your Lunch Box

I'm curious, whats in your lunch box?

Being sleeved put the brakes on eating out as much as I use to. So, I've found myself packing my lunch waaaaay more than I use to.

I bought a bag that I like and some colorful Portion Control containers. Which helps a lot.

So what have you done to help with packing your lunch? What are your favorites, must have's, cant stands and OMG-I-wish-someone-would-have-told-me-sooner! for your lunch?

Just trying to eat with an open mind and new options.

Edited by ChelleBelle35

I'm a year out. So my lunch may be different than yours just from where we are on surgery dates --

1.5 cups of mixed green salad

1 tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette dressing

1 4-ounce container of the low-fat cranberry almond chicken salad that they sell in 8 packs at costco (because its easy to transport.)

That will be my lunch. I also pack a morning and afternoon snack.

My morning snack was a Sargento Balanced Break (those little things with the cheese and nuts). Afternoon snack will be Oikos Triple Zero if I get hungry.

Had a Protein Shake for Breakfast this morning (Fairlife Skim - 8 ounces, 3/4 cup tropical frozen fruit, scoop of Protein Powder - 235 Cal. and 31 grams protein) and black coffee

I will fence for about 2.5 hours tonight for my exercise.

My lunches are pretty boring because I don't have access to either a fridge or a microwave at work, so I pack what will work in my little insulated lunch box. I find if I stay with the same thing (I'm only in the office 2 days a week) it makes it easier.

Thanks for sharing!

You mentioned a key point which was the lack of access to heating or cooling elements. Something we dont always think about right away. And what a cool way to workout!

Chicken salad with Cranberries and Almonds.

Id eat your lunch!

They are these great little cups - 4 ounces, 140 calories and 14 grams of Protein. Tasty, too. Sometimes I'll make a wrap with Damascus Bakeries high protein whole wheat wraps - but I usually can only eat half.

Lately my lunches have been a 4oz salad with 1 oz of walnuts and 2tbls of orange seseme dressing. I usually pack a Power Crunch Protein Bar for an afternoon snack since lunch is at 11:00 am and dinner is often not until 6-6:30.

Thanks for sharing!

Orange Sesame Dressing. Sounds Tangy!

Id eat your lunch!

I have those 4 oz. containers for my lunch at work. I made a sort of salad with canned chx breast, cottage cheese, a dab of Dijon mustard, and canned, drained, and rinsed small white Beans. A little seasoning and divided into my containers it was low cal, tasty, and protein-ful.

I'm getting more creative all the time with my high Protein foods. My program also offers a free bariatric cooking class which I am looking forward to.

Thanks for sharing!

Bariatric cooking classes. That's a great idea. You're fortunate to have that available to you. You'll have to share your favorite recipe with us when you come across it.

You had me at chicken breast and Dijon Mustard!

Id eat your lunch!

Lately my lunches have been a 4oz salad with 1 oz of walnuts and 2tbls of orange seseme dressing. I usually pack a Power Crunch Protein bar for an afternoon snack since lunch is at 11:00 am and dinner is often not until 6-6:30.

Powercrunch bars are the best. Can't wait to eat them again. (4 Wks post op here)

14 minutes ago, SippinAintEasy said:

PowerCrunch bars are the best. Can't wait to eat them again. (4 Wks post op here)

Thanks for sharing! (Love the handle by the way)

I am in the same boat as you, 4 weeks post op on Thursday. And how about we have the same surgery date. Cool!

You are the 2nd person to mention a Power Crunch bar.

Going to have to check those out.

Edited by ChelleBelle35

Thanks for sharing!

BENTO BOX! That's a great option.

I would totally eat your lunch!

Same thing every day: salad with 3 oz chicken breast, lettuce, 5 parm Whisps, and a couple tbsp of Dillydip dressing.

This week I packed a lunch box with a variety of items for the week- string cheese, cheddar jack , plum, hard boiled eggs, grapes $ Protein Bars & a Protein shake
I leave it in the fridge at work and eat from it each day. Yesterday my boss gave me a peach so I ate that, grapes and a cheese stick for lunch. It's not super planned or measured but it's been working for me.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 184 GW 135