Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else 5'1-5'2"??

I am 5'1", started at 230 size 20 now I am 182 and a size 16

6 months out.

When I got married I was 98lbs!!! I will never see that again but I am shooting for 120's

You look just so wonderful,did you also have a TT and breast lift after?

Who were you asking? I know a few of us have had reconstructive surgery.

I'm almost 5"3" and started at 231 and a size 16 (stretch) pants, 18/20 top, I'm 173 now, size 12 jean and large top. I set my goal for 140-150 and will see how I feel then. I'm belly round apple shape and it sound like most of you are too -

So what shape are you?

Good morning, y'all! I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 213.5. I'm wearing 18's most consistently. At this rate, I figure I should be able to wear 16's at 200 lbs. We'll see!

I am a generous 5 ft 1/4 inch and at 200 pounds was wearing size 20/22 Jeans and 2X tops. Now at 180, I am comfortably in 18s and heading toward 16s in the jeans. I still wear the 2X tops - I like looser tops. Anyway, the good thing is that thanks to all those visits to weight watchers :), I have jeans that will take me all the way back down to 14 before I have to spend any money on clothes.

I know they're a little costly, but try Not Your Daughter's Jeans. They fit fabulously and STRETCH, too!

I'm 5'0". I am an apple shape so I hold most of my weight in my tummy. I think that's where most of the size differences are coming in.

At 206 I was a snug 18.

At 185 I was a comfortable 16.

At 170 I am in a snug 14.

It also seems that as you get smaller, it takes less pounds to go down a size. I haven't been in a 12 since before my son was born 14 years ago!!!

OMG I'm going to cry when that day gets here! :cry

Wombat

I am just starting on my journey to the band, have not even had a consult yet...But I am 5 foot 4, 215, and wear an tighter 18...I too carry a lot in the belly area, although I am large everywhere. I am only 24 and I already have a tummy that hangs, is full of stretch marks, and I dont even have any children yet:( I have always felt like clothing just does not fit my body as well as others that may be the same size. I pray that I can keep moving forward toward the band, and have as much success as all of you!! What an inspiration!! Thank you all;)

I am 5'2 and 214 lbs and I wear a size 18 consistently. My shirts are XL or 1X because I have a little excess skin due to prior pregancies and I have a pear shape, so I have more junk in my trunk, if u know what I mean. I hope to get down to 130-135lbs. Does anyone know what size that is because I have not been there in so long.

Waiting to be banded

Caramel:ranger:

I'm 5"2" but always say I'm 5"3", started at 195 lbs a busting out of size 16, got down to 137 size 8, sometimes, very few times a 6.. and now I'm at about 155 in a size 10. Okay now tell me, why have some of you chosen to have such small goal weights of 120 or below?? I thought I wanted to weigh 130 but when I was 137 my husband said that is enough, don't lose anymore, you are starting to look sickly, you look great like this please don't lose anymore, so I stopped. I was a nice size 8, and felt great at that weight, I am truly amazed when I read that some of you are a size 0 or 2, WOW, I don't think I'd ever want to be that skinny.. Not for me, I need to get back in my 8 and I'll be comfortable.. So ladies, please don't feel that you have to get to a tiny little number, re-evaluate yourself when you lose weight, find a healthy, normal range for you, just my humble opinion.

Mariposa,

I had exactly the opposite experience. I began my lap band journey thinking if I could just get in a 14, I'd never ask for anything more. Heck, if I could just get under 200, I'd never ask for anything more.

When I got to a size 8, I re-evaluated because if I was honest with myself, I was still fat. Size 8 (around 165 for my body) is still both clinically and observationally fat on me. Even at 148, though I wouldn't call myself fat anymore, I'm certainly not too thin!

Body types do vary. I make this post because I think it's important for those still early in the journey to know that it's perfectly possible to achieve a clinically normal (i.e. by the charts) BMI with the lap band. Even for us tiny folk who are only 5'2, where the supposed max normal BMI puts us at 136. That said, there's nothing wrong with setting your goal higher or lower than a chart -- I'm completely with you on that!

Take care,