Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting my sleeve this Thursday and I am so excited!! I have to say I am a bit nervous though, not exactly sure why. I only have a 1 day liquid diet the day before my surgery and as silly as it may seem I am really looking forward to it. I think it will all finally seem real once Wednesday gets here! Anyone else getting sleeved the same day?

I am getting my sleeve this Thursday and I am so excited!! I have to say I am a bit nervous though, not exactly sure why. I only have a 1 day liquid diet the day before my surgery and as silly as it may seem I am really looking forward to it. I think it will all finally seem real once Wednesday gets here! Anyone else getting sleeved the same day?

I was sleeved 8/17/15. So I am two years out. All I can say is remember everything you have gone through to get this far. You should be so ready. I was nervous the morning of my surgery. I saw the hospital bed prepped for me and almost backed out until my surgeon walked in. He eased my mind. He said I was in perfectly good hands and I'll be done before I know it. Then my hubby and my son came in and gave me a hug and a kiss and said I've got this. They have supported me through it all. You are strong and you can do this. Can't wait to see you on the losing side. Good luck and hope to hear from you and how it all went. I waited one hour after surgery and went walking around the hospital floor every twenty minutes. I refused the morphine drip. This walking helped me overcome the nausea and made me very strong. Best of luck to you

I was sleeved 8/17/15. So I am two years out. All I can say is remember everything you have gone through to get this far. You should be so ready. I was nervous the morning of my surgery. I saw the hospital bed prepped for me and almost backed out until my surgeon walked in. He eased my mind. He said I was in perfectly good hands and I'll be done before I know it. Then my hubby and my son came in and gave me a hug and a kiss and said I've got this. They have supported me through it all. You are strong and you can do this. Can't wait to see you on the losing side. Good luck and hope to hear from you and how it all went. I waited one hour after surgery and went walking around the hospital floor every twenty minutes. I refused the morphine drip. This walking helped me overcome the nausea and made me very strong. Best of luck to you

Thank you for your wonderful encouragement. I am determined to take little to no pain meds and to get up and walk as soon as I get out of recovery! My wife had her surgery in May and I am super excited for us to be getting healthy together. Like you I have wonderful support and I believe that is what helps to make a person successful!! Tomorrow is the day!!!!

I am scheduled tomorrow 8/31/17 as well. I am nervous and excited. I just want to be through this part and back home to recover. I will send up good thoughts for us both!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Best of luck to you! I'll be one week post-op tomorrow, and if you're like me, you're in for a tough weekend! But you'll get through it!!

Within a few hours of getting to my room (post-op), I was up walking. It's not bad because you still have anesthesia on board. I walked four times that evening. The next morning, I walked four times before noon. I was able to keep down 30ml, then 60ml, then 90ml, then 120ml and I thought, "I'm killing this!"

And then I went home.

And the anesthesia wore off. Ugh.

The pain and nausea were pretty bad. I couldn't get out of bed by myself it hurt so bad. I felt sick to my stomach any time I put anything in it (ice, Water, watered-down apple juice, milk, Protein Shake, etc.) All despite taking an anti-nausea med 3x/day. Eventually I got thirsty enough that I was able to drink water and very, very diluted apple juice. I thought I'd never make my Protein goal which was only 60 grams in the first few days. I might have made 30g. I was wondering if I had really made a mistake, if I could really do this. Was I going to be tired and weak forever?

Until yesterday. For Breakfast, I blended a few pieces of banana with 4 oz Fairlife milk and Protein Powder and made myself drink it until it was gone. I felt better once it was in my system. I continue to drink and eventually got up the nerve to take my Multivitamins. I got the Bariatric Advantage crystallized kind that you mix with water. It tasted awful, but I got it down. Ever since I have felt so much better. Been able to get my protein in (thanks to Genepro) and stay hydrated. Took vits again today and still feel pretty good. Hope this continues!

You'll do great! Just know there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not far away!

HW 280
CW 267
SW 274 (8/24/17)
GW 150

Edited by Ready4theday

I will send up good thoughts as well!!! I just got my surgery time.... 9:15 am, less than 24 hours away!!!

6am check in for me. Less than 12hrs to go time!

Here we go!! Good luck to you too!

Yep.... it's time!!! Good luck to you!!! See you on the other side [emoji4]

Congratulations. I hope you are resting well!

It was in that moment; she learned self love was her priority.
HW 251 CW 237 GW 160

Woo hoo!! Made it through. Feeling great. No pain meds needed. Walking well. Having no problem getting my Water down!!! I hope it continues this way. Definitely sore though, it feels like I have done about a million sit-ups lol. I can't wait to hear from you trying4me and anyone else that would like to comment!!!!

Yay! So glad you are feeling Good! I however have been nauseated and vomiting most of the day. It seems to finally have passed. Walked 1x and making it up to potty ok.

Even had a familiar face here, a personal friend happened to be my CNA [emoji4]

Woo hoo!! Made it through. Feeling great. No pain meds needed. Walking well. Having no problem getting my Water down!!! I hope it continues this way. Definitely sore though, it feels like I have done about a million sit-ups lol. I can't wait to hear from you trying4me and anyone else that would like to comment!!!!

congrats!!

It was in that moment; she learned self love was her priority.
HW 251 CW 237 GW 160