Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I actually just took a small backpack with just a change of undies, makeup and tooth brush. I learned a long time ago that I always thought I'd read or do a craft but really when you're in the hospital rest is what you really need. I've heard people say they brought gas x strips but others say they don't work. I'd say less is more. You probably won't need anything.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 191 GW 135

I brought underwear, loose fitting comfy pants, a tank top and my bathroom bag. I didn't wear a bra home bc my incisions seemed high and I didn't want the pressure of the wire. I also brought flip flops-easy to slip on.

5'7 HW: 256 SW: 248
CW: 235 At 2 week post op GW: 150
Fantasy GW: 135 Sleeved 8/7

I brought a toothbrush, toothpaste, underwear, loose pants and a no seem sports bra and extra loose tshirt. I was super bloated from the CO2 in surgery so I was glad I sized up on the tshirt so it wasn't snug on my incisions. I also brought a couple tampons and pads. My nurse warned me that many times surgery can cause the start of a period and I was lucky enough to have that happen so I was glad to have things ready post surgery. I've heard hospital pads are a little thick. I also brought some slip on/mule sneakers but I suppose flip flops would work as well. Also I brought wet wipes and deodorant. I didn't get to shower in the hospital so it helped me feel better to freshen up a bit. I packed a bunch of other stuff but I think the rest stayed in my bag.
Best wishes for your surgery! Hope all goes well!

I brought a toothbrush, toothpaste, underwear, loose pants and a no seem sports bra and extra loose tshirt. I was super bloated from the CO2 in surgery so I was glad I sized up on the tshirt so it wasn't snug on my incisions. I also brought a couple tampons and pads. My nurse warned me that many times surgery can cause the start of a period and I was lucky enough to have that happen so I was glad to have things ready post surgery. I've heard hospital pads are a little thick. I also brought some slip on/mule sneakers but I suppose flip flops would work as well. Also I brought wet wipes and deodorant. I didn't get to shower in the hospital so it helped me feel better to freshen up a bit. I packed a bunch of other stuff but I think the rest stayed in my bag.

I got my period too, and you're so lucky you brought your own pads bc the hospital ones may be left over from the 60s!! I was glad to have loose pants and underwear bc of that! Prior to that though I was commando with the gown. I also brought my facial cleansing wipes which was nice to have.

Thank you so much for responding! I had no idea about your period possibly being brought on

I brought underwear, loose fitting comfy pants, a tank top and my bathroom bag. I didn't wear a bra home bc my incisions seemed high and I didn't want the pressure of the wire. I also brought flip flops-easy to slip on.

Good point about the incisions, thanks for responding

I actually just took a small backpack with just a change of undies, makeup and tooth brush. I learned a long time ago that I always thought I'd read or do a craft but really when you're in the hospital rest is what you really need. I've heard people say they brought gas x strips but others say they don't work. I'd say less is more. You probably won't need anything.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 191 GW 135

That's true I wasn't sure about the gas strips either. Thanks so much for responding

Hi , I'm 5 days post op... sleeved 8/22 and I would suggest to bring a pad or adult diaper or whatever because I had a lot of nausea and dry heaving and it would cause urine incontinence every time I was puking. I'm just keeping it real ... lol I also literally slept and was focused on getting the the 5 rounds of 10- 1 oz Water cups down . I did manage to brush my teeth but mostly slept, walked ( bring slippers) and drank. I was released the next day after surgery. Good Luck , you'll do great!