Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeving in 3 weeks! I am excited!

I've been contemplating this for years now. I had bilateral knee surgery in early 2014 and cannot exercise like I was beforehand and weight has gotten out of control. I'm ready for anything as I am out of shape and need to get myself together. My happiness is important and I know this tool will be my catapult and all I need to do is keep moving and do exactly what I'm told. I'm just concerned about my 'no gallbladder' situation as I haven't read much on anyone having theirs out years before surgery... meaning, is my body going to act way different than one who still has theirs.

I know I'm ready and with the support from others I will get to my goal weight.

I'm 57 around SW 280. My GW is 135. I've done this before without surgery and I know I can do it again!

I borrowed this picture and don't claim any rights to it. I just believe it fits my hopes.

IMG_0824.JPG

I've been contemplating this for years now. I had bilateral knee surgery in early 2014 and cannot exercise like I was beforehand and weight has gotten out of control. I'm ready for anything as I am out of shape and need to get myself together. My happiness is important and I know this tool will be my catapult and all I need to do is keep moving and do exactly what I'm told. I'm just concerned about my 'no gallbladder' situation as I haven't read much on anyone having theirs out years before surgery... meaning, is my body going to act way different than one who still has theirs.
I know I'm ready and with the support from others I will get to my goal weight.
I'm 57 around SW 280. My GW is 135. I've done this before without surgery and I know I can do it again!
I borrowed this picture and don't claim any rights to it. I just believe it fits my hopes.
IMG_0824.JPG.783b60bb416eef4bbf9856b54a826900.JPG

I love that picture as well and can relate. My surgery is August 30th and I can't wait. Excitement far out weighs the nerves. I have read in a couple threads where people had their gallbladder removed during the sleeve surgery if they are prone to gallstones. I have a gallbladder scan in two weeks where I believe they will determine if my gallbladder will stay or go. Good luck with your journey!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app

I love that picture as well and can relate. My surgery is August 30th and I can't wait. Excitement far out weighs the nerves. I have read in a couple threads where people had their gallbladder removed during the sleeve surgery if they are prone to gallstones. I have a gallbladder scan in two weeks where I believe they will determine if my gallbladder will stay or go. Good luck with your journey!!

Thank you so much! I wish you luck as well. My gall bladder has been gone since I was in my early 20s. I have had dumping syndrome for years. I'm already used to knowing what is going to happen if I eat this or that, wait all day to eat and then eat and experience the dumping. I was skinny when I had it. I believe my weight gain was more due to my lifestyle afterwards. They say once you're sleeved that eventually you'll have to have your gall bladder out. I hope all goes well with you no matter what happens. It's all going to be great!

Agreed, it's going to be great to have this weight off and feel healthy again and have energy to live again. I've only told my sister besides my husband so far and she has concerns about side effects that can happen. ....gallbladder, dumping, nutrient defficiencies....I've told her yes these are possibilities but continuing yoyo dieting or staying overweight isn't an option anymore . I'll be 50 in March and looking forward to it like a child does CHRISTMAS because it feels like a wonderful second chance to be healthy!!!

I agree. I know, I will am ready to be responsible and accountable to this. It is what I HAVE to do and when i HAVE to do something, it's no problem. I want to be skinny again and healthy and be back to what I call normal. We are going to stick to this no matter what, right? I know I am! I've already bought my bathing suit for next year!

Well said Alotlessme! I get sleeved on the 16th of August! Im 62 & have been trying to loose this weight for over 30 yrs. I loose I gain, I loose I gain! Im sick of it! Plus I want to get rid of this diabetes for good!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

I went to one pre-op appointment with my surgeon today. I see the nutritionist on Monday. I am going to be on a high Protein low carb diet so it doesn't have to be all liquid like I thought but I'm going to try low to no carbs. I'm stoked to do this, I wish it was tomorrow but I will be happy to have it on the 21st. He's a great doctor so I'm not having any reservations.

I am researching Vitamins today. I heard I'll be taking them and so I just want to price, read, and figure out what I want when the time comes. Has anyone used the vitamin patches? I didn't even know they existed! Any stories? Successes? Hearsay?

My physician gave us two choices for vitamins. The Multivitamin is about $35 a month and the Calcium is $30 a month. Bariatric Advantage is what I went with since it was taken less often than the others. I am also going to get some Biotin to help with hair regrowth.

Today is Day 3 of my preop diet. No real cravings but my body knows something is up. My doctor has me on an Atkins-type diet but I still can have a few vegetables carbs. I'm truly staying focused on the prize. The only thing I need to buy is my postoperative Vitamins and I am ready to go and in the next week and a half, have my surgery. It's a struggle to hit the right amounts of liquids but I'm building up to it. I'm not going to even get on a scale until they tell me to before surgery. I know I will get back to my goal weight again and that's all that matters to me to get this out of the way and start living my life again.

So I have a week to go before my surgery. I'm excited and a little nervous. But I'm ready. With my knee replacements, it has just gotten harder and harder to do anything without getting out of breath. Standing up is a chore so, yeah, I'm ready to do this so I can lose this extra 'me' I've been carrying around. My preop diet is fine. Not craving sugar at all! I did make some chicken and dumplings for my family and the broth was amazing. I did have a couple of dumplings which is my favorite thing about them but it was funny, I liked the broth more and that never happens. My new lifestyle will be so worth every staple and to top that off, I will be able to wear my jeans and tshirts again. I'm getting rid of all my fat clothes as soon as I am out of them. Not going back, not looking back!

I had my GS done on Monday. I had issues in recovery, but I believe it was just me. I was in a lot of pain in the whole left quadrant of my upper body. I had a lot done so I knew I would hurt some. I had abrasions removed from my gallbladder scar from 1983 and my hiatal hernia was fixed with stitches. The retractor they use when fixing the hernia is probably what gave me the most discomfort after surgery. I felt like I was having gas pockets because when I tried to sleep with pain meds, yes I took them, you can't heal if you're fighting pain, I would wake myself up moaning and groaning. I slept maybe 3 hours in two days and I felt so much better when I came home and slept off and on for two days. I had surgery Monday, it's Friday night and I have some pain my left side, same place as before, but not quite as bad. I'm weaning myself off of my oral pain meds, oxycodone, and actually I am not bad. I'm not pushing myself too hard. I walked Ok in the hospital but not so much here. I wanted my strength back before I got outside in the sun and heat. I showered today and was weak after that, but I feel I'm right on course. I haven't had any nausea. I haven't thrown up. I'm drinking my shakes, taking the awful Vitamins, and having Water, and homemade chicken broth. I believe even that my incontinence has been "fixed" and what a blessing that would be if that got fixed too! Meaning, no surgery for it specifically will be needed. The sticking to the diet part has been easy. I haven't really had any cravings and my mom has been cooking some great smelling food. I'm keeping my eye on the end game and that is what keeps me going. I started at 287 lbs on August 7th and today, August 25, I was 270 lbs. I haven't seen that number since before October of last year so I'm happy. I'm happy about all of it and I'm anxious to lose it all, keep it off, and maintain my weight. This isn't fun and I'm not doing it again. I had my first BM this evening and I was happy about that. I know that's TMI but we are all on here putting it out there and, so, yeah, I'm putting it out there for someone that would have that question. I am also hoping I get back down a whole size in my footwear as that is something to look forward to. It does feel like I'm drinking something or taking some kind of pill all day, but hey, prices you have to pay! So there it is! I am truly happy that I did this!

I went to my 3rd week nutrition appt today. I was told to be on Clear Liquids for two weeks and when I got there, there were other girls in the class that have been on soft foods for a week! I was kind of shocked after all I've read on here and countless other blogs. I was expecting to be told I could go on full liquids or at most, puréed foods. So, she didnt know I was told that but I am starting on full liquids to puréed myself. I cannot see how people could actually eat food that quickly after surgery. I'm going at my pace and listening to my body. I am kind of happy to not be on just clears anymore, I'm just not rushing into anything food wise. I still cannot get comfortable sleeping and I hope that straightens out soon. I feel good but I still get weak some. I intend to keep my Protein intake around to 60 and if I cannot get it all in, I will supplement with my Protein Shakes, no problem. I can't wait to start the gym but I'm still healing and I'm sure my doctor will want me to wait the full six weeks. I'm never giving up!

I stopped feeling sore around week 4. I'm 4 weeks now and I am eating soft foods. I listen to my body and it guides me what is good and what isn't.

Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app