Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am getting sleeves on August 24th. Can anyone tell me how it went for them. I am really nervous about the pain I have heard some horror stories but also great stories. I am so nervous about the surgery. Does anyone have any advice on anything???

I was a nervous wreck a few days before op. I was thinking of the worst and believe it or not, I was still self-doubting myself for making this decision on the way to hospital! 5 days have passed and now it is time to recover and adapt.
Dont worry abt the op.. the first couple of days, common issues will be nausea and gas. Once you overcome that your body will feel better and geared up for your new diet.
All the best![emoji3]

VSG on 25 July 2017

It's the best thing I have ever done!!! I am SOOOO happy! I'm three months out and down 65lbs. Go into it believing in yourself. It makes a huge difference. I am so excited for you!
IMG_8431.thumb.JPG.942f808ffbe39ea7c62ef6ac69d7fb84.JPG

Wow thats a big difference! Congratulations!

You look young (even in before pic) and lost a lot of weight!

You dont seem to have loose skin at your tummy and arms? Do you exercise regularly or anything that you did?

VSG on 25 July 2017

Thank you so much!! I work out 5 times a week. Mostly just running. I am 30 years old. Thanks for your compliment! I do have a tiny bit of loose skin lower on my stomach... nothing I really care about though! It feels good to have that weight gone ❤️

Thank you so much!! I work out 5 times a week. Mostly just running. I am 30 years old. Thanks for your compliment! I do have a tiny bit of loose skin lower on my stomach... nothing I really care about though! It feels good to have that weight gone [emoji173]️

I hope I will find the energy and time to work out 5 times a week or more regularly. Not a big fan of running but once i am lighter i hope it is easier to run. I have an elliptical machine at home and will use it more once I am ready to work out. Im 6 days post op and im still a bit raw in moving ard. How soon did u start exercising? Did u have any issues in drinking ur Water and Protein initially as thats my main issue now.

VSG on 25 July 2017

I do not and never have had an issue with getting in my Protein and Water. I'm thankful for that! I am having a bad day today 😞 For some stupid reason the scale has gone up 2.5 lbs for no reason!! Uhg! Whatever right?! Lol. I started working out 5 weeks post op. Started running very slow and have worked myself up from there. I am taking it one day at a time. The biggest thing for me was believing in myself. Once I started believing and realizing one day at a time. It's so easy and still is to get wrapped up in where u are now. I am still learning to enjoy the ride. You are going to do awesome!!

I had my surgery 12/30 and it was not bad for me, the worst part was the first 48 hours. We are required to be in the hospital for 2 days so I went in for surgery on a Friday and was discharged on Sunday.

While in the hospital I had a pain pump, IV fentanyl, for the majority of the time and then before discharge they D/C the fentanyl and I took crushed Norco. I had a lot of nausea but that was due to the anesthesia (I've had issues with past surgeries). The worst pain for me was the drain and the gas.

Once I was home it was much better. I made sure I sipped sipped sipped and focused on fluids and Protein. Also making sure I followed my doctors orders.

My surgery was pretty uneventful. I didn't think it was too painful except for the gas. Once you are more awake, be sure to get up and walk around. My husband made me get up 8 times that day of surgery to walk the hallways. 12 times the day after I was able to get all the gas out and wasn't in much pain when I was released the next day.

Honestly, the hardest part for me was not being able to drink Water the day of surgery. My nurse was great and snuck me some ice to chew on at midnight. I love her!

wow

Edited by sleevedshereen

I had the VGS, hiatal hernia repair and gall bladder removal. I was unable to get in and out of bed on my own for 10 days. I needed 12 weeks recovery till I was able to move normally again and it took 6 months to fully heal. I had a lot of regret in the first 4 weeks post op and then I got over it. There were a lot of hard moments, dealing with trying to eat on a healing stomach, dealing with getting sick from over-doing the sugars, etc.

Yet NONE of these things were ever worse or as close to as bad as the issues I had from being obese. I was FAR more miserable every moment of my life fat than I was post surgery. There is no guarantee for you, you know the complication possibilities. You are nervous and scared. I was too!! But now, 10 months in? I'm a whole new person that is happier, more active and more alive than I have been since I was about 16. I'm 42 now.

Good luck with everything!! You are a warrior, this is no easy feat. I wish you all the joy and success!!

On 7/29/2017 at 4:43 AM, sjandj715 said:

It's the best thing I have ever done!!! I am SOOOO happy! I'm three months out and down 65lbs. Go into it believing in yourself. It makes a huge difference. I am so excited for you!

IMG_8431.JPG

You look amazing. I think what that other person said was rude and uncalled for in a platform like this. You should be super proud of yourself! I"m just shocked at what "dreamingsmall" said...like "no offense i'm just gonna offend you right now". So rude!