Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I had my surgery on July 20th. I am quite happy. Pain has been at a minimum. A little gassy started today. I look forward to my journey. Wish all a great journey. I'm thankful we're all here to chat and encourage each other. Blessings

Hi I had my surgery on July 20th. I am quite happy. Pain has been at a minimum. A little gassy started today. I look forward to my journey. Wish all a great journey. I'm thankful we're all here to chat and encourage each other. Blessings

How long did it take to get your surgery date? I'm just starting to look into the sleeve as an option and am feeling lost on how to start the process. Thank u!

How long did it take to get your surgery date? I'm just starting to look into the sleeve as an option and am feeling lost on how to start the process. Thank u!

Talk to your doctor. I started the program in oct. 2016. Surgery is next week

Congratulations! ! Love hearing the pain is minimal.

Sent from my SM-S765C using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my initial consultation at the end of May and I will be having surgery August 24th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey how are you feeling?[emoji16] I'm scheduled for surgery 8/18 and am a little nervous!

What do you take for pain? I have liquid oxy that does nothing for me. I have a very high tolerance of pain, but this is killing me.

What do you take for pain? I have liquid oxy that does nothing for me. I have a very high tolerance of pain, but this is killing me.

What kind of pain are you having and how far out are you? If it's gas pain and you're early out walking should help. If it's just painful sipping early out you kinda have to endure it for a bit but it'll get better. Are you feeling better and over doing things, you may need to rest a little more. I also would supplement liquid Tylenol between my rx pain med early on to help.

What kind of pain are you having and how far out are you? If it's gas pain and you're early out walking should help. If it's just painful sipping early out you kinda have to endure it for a bit but it'll get better. Are you feeling better and over doing things, you may need to rest a little more. I also would supplement liquid Tylenol between my rx pain med early on to help.

The worst pain in cramps/ full. It's difficult to even get myself to drink 15mls of the shake with out gagging. I have no desire to drink anything. The incision pain is bad when changing positions.

I had a hard time with the Protein Shakes as well, it's like you just can not do it after a point. I would suggest focus on fluids first. Try other sources of Protein. One day I took a 1/4 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt and mixed in one scoop of strawberry whey protein with 25 gm protein per scoop. It didn't taste the greatest but was a small amount to get down and a significant amount of protein and not a shake. Or sometimes just changing flavors helps. Try not to over do it for pain. Take it easy. Walk around the house and just give yourself a chance to heal. I spent the first 2 weeks with a pillow on the couch watching tv and just walking, nothing more strenuous. I know as mom's you always feel like there's something to do, but try to let it go for a bit and rest. I hope you feel better.