Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have two nutritional consults left out of 6 that my insurance requires. One is next week and the last is the last week of August. I called my doctor's office today because I need to go out of town the week of my last visit (for work) and was basically told I couldn't move it to the week before or the week after because I can't have a visit with less than 30 days between it and my last visit and can't go past 30 days because I WILL HAVE TO START OVER!!!! I just kept my appointment and will have to try to juggle the work thing. This is my last visit and have kept every other appointment religiously!! The doctor's office said the insurance will deny me otherwise and I only have 1 appeal. I just don't think she has good info IMO. Ok, rant over!

It is no different than have a script, Insurance makes you wait 30 days. The insurance that requires the 6 months are really picky. Be glad you have a good program that knows the rules and follows them. So many people have one little mistake set them back. It is so late in the year, that a mistake at this point means 2018 surgery.

Mine was that picky. I scheduled the six appointments in the very beginning, put them on my work calendar, and let my entire team know that my schedule was not flexible on those dates. Everyone was completely supportive of my journey (and I was 100% transparent about everything from the beginning), so I didn't have any issues.

Thank you both for your replies. @OutsideMatchInside you make very good points and put a positive spin on the situation. @blizair09 I did the same thing and scheduled all of my appointments after my consult. I was just frustrated that the wrench was thrown in my last appointment. I give my career so much time and attention and this is something that I am not going to budge on and screw up and have to start over!

You both have amazing progress and results and I can't wait to be on the other side of this journey!!

I actually had to call off one day bc even though its scheduled myself a different day and only work 3 days a week, they moved me to that day bc they were short sand couldn't get anyone to switch with me.

I have two nutritional consults left out of 6 that my insurance requires. One is next week and the last is the last week of August. I called my doctor's office today because I need to go out of town the week of my last visit (for work) and was basically told I couldn't move it to the week before or the week after because I can't have a visit with less than 30 days between it and my last visit and can't go past 30 days because I WILL HAVE TO START OVER!!!! I just kept my appointment and will have to try to juggle the work thing. This is my last visit and have kept every other appointment religiously!! The doctor's office said the insurance will deny me otherwise and I only have 1 appeal. I just don't think she has good info IMO. Ok, rant over!

I, too, scheduled my appointments from the very beginning and sent calendar appointments to my boss' calendar. I wasn't having it. I refuse to start all over. I know you were frustrated. I don't blame you. My last appointment is August 18th. I'm going to be there with bells on. [emoji57]