Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I will eat Protein Bars on occasion when skipping a meal, so mostly on the weekends. I found that I like the Atkins Meal Replacement bars the best because they are low carb and really not badly flavored. If I'm supplementing between meals I stick to a shake or Protein Water so that I'm still able to eat my protein based meal as well.

I did not start eating protein bars until 4 months out and I had the clearance from my NUT and Surgeon as well. I don't eat them regularly either, I would say maybe once a week.

I tried my first Protein Bar in week 6 and it was fine. I traveled for work in week 7 and they were great to have while on plane or hotel when my options were limited.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BariatricPal mobile app

I went to Sprouts market today and found an entire aisle of Protein bars. I was able to find 3 that had no tree nuts and fit the sugar limitation.
Power crunch (2 flavors)
And One birthday cake flavor.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 199 GW 135

Kind bars are amazing whole food ingredients but had too many carbs for me in the weight loss phase.

I love Power Crunch and Quest, but at six weeks could only eat about half of a bar.

Don't eat Protein bars if you want to lose. Stick to real food.< br>

I lost 136lbs (271 to 135) and have kept it off for four years, and they were and continue to be a part of my diet.

I understand your plans don't include them, and that's terrific. But you can indeed lose weight including them. Especially if you are careful to only use the low/no sugar ones.

I lost 136lbs (271 to 135) and have kept it off for four years, and they were and continue to be a part of my diet.

I understand your plans don't include them, and that's terrific. But you can indeed lose weight including them. Especially if you are careful to only use the low/no sugar ones.

I eat them but find two things that are bad (for me).
1) I'm lazy and will eat them instead of preparing food if I have them around
2) they don't keep me full like dense Protein will
So I will buy one if I'm out shopping and hungry but try not to buy boxes anymore.