Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am almost seven weeks post-op and I have the absolute worse nausea. I've been hospitalized twice from nausea and vomiting and have had to go to an infusion center for iv fluids once already. How long is this going to last?

I know everyone is different but I feel like I'm the only one who is struggling like this. I've had several friends who had the sleeve and never experienced this problem.

I've been in a similar situation. Surgery June 27th, left hospital 29th, in ER with bacterial colitis I got from hospital on July 1st where I was pumped full of fluids, had to go to hydration center July 10th, struggling to intake fluids and have only been averaging 20-40 g Protein if I'm lucky, scraping by 36-40 oz liquid, like 15 carbs. Unsure how I'm even moving and living by this point

Also to note, seen suregon every week with new bloodwork each time and call prob every few days, went to bariatric post-op support group last night, called and emailed nutritionist today- I am keeping my surgical team up to date and looking for help, not just struggling in private and complaining here. Tried many different ways to trick myself to drink. Seems like an important factor to point out.

That sucks but I understand completely. If I didn't try to hide unflavored Protein Powder (Genepro, little scope is 30 g protein) then I wouldn't reach even my meager amount. I'm instructed for 60-70g a day. And not getting the Protein stunts weightloss but when i try to drink something with protwin my throat gets tight and i get nausea and acid reflux. It's been rough and hoping to all hell i get bettter by 7 weeks.

It is keeping me from working or leaving the house. Just sucks

On 7/14/2017 at 0:50 PM, MystiqueArielle13 said:

I am almost seven weeks post-op and I have the absolute worse nausea. I've been hospitalized twice from nausea and vomiting and have had to go to an infusion center for iv fluids once already. How long is this going to last?

I know everyone is different but I feel like I'm the only one who is struggling like this. I've had several friends who had the sleeve and never experienced this problem.

Oh I understand your pain!! I was sleeved on June 7, 2017 and it has not been an easy ride. I have a hiatal hernia that my doctor was unable to repair because of this damn fatty liver. This hernia is causing me a great deal of problems because I now have acid reflux. I have never experienced acid reflux and it's kicking my butt! My doctor says once the hernia is repaired the reflux should go away, but in the meantime I suffer. I'm afraid to eat new things because of the reflux and the horrible extra stomach acids. There's been pain also. I ended up in the ER with a small intestional infection & came home with more meds. Between the reflux and the nausea, I don't know how I'm making it! I'm trying to get all of my Protein in, but it's hard. I'm sure that I'm not getting in the recommended 80 grams a day.

I hate for anyone to have to go through any kind of hardship. We are supposed to be enjoying our weight loss journeys, but I feel like I'm missing out because of all this acid reflux. My friends that have had the same surgery are not having any problems.

That sucks but I understand completely. If I didn't try to hide unflavored Protein powder (Genepro, little scope is 30 g protein) then I wouldn't reach even my meager amount. I'm instructed for 60-70g a day. And not getting the protein stunts weightloss but when i try to drink something with protwin my throat gets tight and i get nausea and acid reflux. It's been rough and hoping to all hell i get bettter by 7 weeks.

It is keeping me from working or leaving the house. Just sucks

Hey, just wondering if you've had any blood work done while using GENEPRO? I'm 12 days out and struggling to get all my protein in without getting sick. I've seen all the controversy about it but went and bought some from GNC tonight and I'm actually tolerating it in some Crystal light.

Are y'all taking PPI's (e.g. Prilosec, Protonix...) to help with reflux, et al?

Getting your fluids in is the most important thing right now for your recovery followed by Protein intake. Dehydration may be one reason why you're experiencing so much nausea. Some people do better with hot beverages and others with cold beverages. Experiment and figure out what works best for you. Good luck!

I completely understand. I have so many allergies that I have to use chocolate pea Protein mixed with Water (tastes horrible). I do good to keep it down.

I do as well. Have you tried Orgain grass fed chocolate shake? It is the only shake that goes down easy and without any discomfort. I get mine through Amazon.< br>
Sent from my LGMS550 using BariatricPal mobile app

Ugh I am so sorry. I really struggled with nausea for about 4-5 months. No meds worked. It will get better. I often was shocked that I was still upright as little as I ate and drank!

How are you doing now? I am almost 4 weeks post surgery and the nausea is killing me! Are you better now? I can't figure out if it is from the 'food" or the Water. Everything makes me feel nauseous. So exhausting.

I'm 2 weeks post op RNY and I'm supposed to be on pureed but I can't handle solid food it causes nausea really bad. Even some fluids cause nausea. I'm supposed to return to work in a week and I don't know how I'm going to do it.