Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled to be banded then end of the month. I am wondering if anyone has any regrets about having the surgery.

Can't think of any regrets what so ever.

Best thing I ever done for myself and my family.

Thanks, sometimes I feeel like I should be able to do this myself. This site is wonderful, it lets others see the "real" effects.

Nope... not a one... I needed a tool that would be with me longterm and so I have my little band wrapped snuggly around my tummy saving me from myself!

Darcy

My regret is the band was not an option when I was younger. I admire the young people who will be able to enjoy their thin self through the prime of their life and will more than likely extend their life along the way. On the other hand, I'm very thankful I was able to afford the band (selfpay) and look forward to the remainder years as a thinner, healthier me.

I regret not having it done sooner, also. I also regret sometimes that I did not take it more seriously in the first year. If I had, I might weigh 140lbs now, instead of 185. Being that 50 years from now, no one will care if I lost 50lbs in a year as opposed to 100 that might have been possible; I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. lol.

AMEN to what Leatha and Betty said..

I regret not doing it sooner. This has been the best thing I have ever done for myself and would do it over again in a heartbeat!

My only regret is that I didn't do it earlier.

Of course I've never had cause to regret anything I have ever done. My only regrets are the chances NOT taken.

Not one regret except I should have done it sooner. I love my new band I have been off my Asthma medication for a good 2 months now and I just cannot believe it to this day Of course I still carry it with me just in case but I feel so good about myself and the choice I made.

I, too, have only one regret and that's not having the opportunity to do it sooner. I feel sometimes like I've lost out on the first 4 years of my daughters life because I was so incapable of really "experiencing" it with her, i.e., teaching her how to ride a bike and to rollerblade, playing for hours in the playground and practicing catch, sliding down the slide with her. All those things my husband got to do that I had to watch from the sidelines because I was always "too tired". It got to the point that my daughter would start every request of me with a "momma, are you too tired to...?" So, yes, I regret those years but I told her to watch out next summer, her momma's gonna be ON THE GO!!!

Well, I'm 22, and didn't know about it sooner, so I can't say I wished I'd done it sooner. There is one fill I wished I'd gotten earlier rather than plateauing for 3 months :P.

I don't have any regrets. I'm glad I found the band, because the bypass wasn't an option for me.

;)

I can't think of any regrets. Sure, I would have liked it sooner, but I really don't know that I mentally was where I needed to be to make this work. Also, a change in recent insurance made this a reality for me.

In an ideal world, I would have been able to get this surgery 20 years ago - when my skin was more elastic and I hadn't developed insulin resistance or high cholesterol. But of course it wasn't available in the U.S. then and I still thought that dieting was the answer. But I have no regrets about having the band.

Nancy