Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mental and Emotional prep

As I'm doing the last minute house cleaning before my surgery tomorrow, I'm also thinking about how to continue my mental and emotional prep and support.

Mentally, I know I won't be eating the same, even the same foods. After two weeks of Protein Drinks, I can't imagine ever wanting sweets again! But, to limit temptation, I 've set up my own cupboard in the kitchen. Everything I need is/will be in there. Even bought pretty vintage tea plates to eat on. ($4-10 at antique stores). I like to make "inspiration boards" to have in my bedroom and office. Going to work on these this evening, adding pictures of all the things I want to do with this "new" body.

Emotionally, I've added lots of downtime and quiet time to my schedule in the past few weeks. Want to keep that up! Spending time in my garden and doing my art is also a big help.

What are all of you doing/thinking about?

Thanks for starting this thread. That's exactly what I'm working on right now.

I gave up Diet Coke (for the third and final time) four weeks ago and my taste for sweets totally changed - and I'm okay with that!

Love the idea of having vintage tea plates! I bought silicone toddler plates! LOL It's making me laugh now - I'm going on a hunt for fancy plates! And it will keep me busy if I go to a few stores.

I'm making myself a list of things to do to stay busy as I prepare to start the liquid diet on Tuesday:

• Take extra yoga classes
  • Start a much delayed sewing project
  • Sort through old photos in boxes
  • Read the books that have been piling up unread
  • Learn how to take better care of my orchid and re-pot a few succulents (condo living - no garden)
  • Continue working on my vision board
  • Declutter my closets
  • Practice meditating
  • Write in my journal
  • Get a head start on my Christmas list (I have 9 nieces and nephews!) with all the money I'm saving from not eating out :-)
  • Do some travel planning for the holidays (keep searching for the ticket on miles!)
  • Get a massage
  • Enjoy the Big Brother live feeds (Ha!)
  • Re-read my therapist's favorite book - Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole
  • Buy fancy tea cups and plates!

I also got some popsicle molds and froze some Protein Shakes. It's okay, in a pinch!

It's also important to remember that we will eat good food again! Life is long and this period of adjustment will be over in a blink of an eye!

Good luck to us all!