Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What help and questions do you need? I'll try and help - I'm certainly no expert but I hate for people to feel like they aren't getting support. I've been there and it stinks.

It looks like your surgery is 31 July. I will pray that it is successful. The most important thing to take to surgery is yourself. After the operation remember to walk, walk, walk, it will help to relieve the gas pain. I asked that a trapeze bar be placed above my hospital bed to help me get out of the hospital bed.

I'm here too- I certainly don't have all the answers but I can try to find them if we need to- and I'm always here for emotional support- God knows I need this stuff too so I understand-
I've asked stuff on here before and I'm always nervous to put my questions out there- but eventually I get replies- we are definitely here for you- just let us know what's going on and what you're wondering about :)

I'm here too- I certainly don't have all the answers but I can try to find them if we need to- and I'm always here for emotional support- God knows I need this stuff too so I understand-
I've asked stuff on here before and I'm always nervous to put my questions out there- but eventually I get replies- we are definitely here for you- just let us know what's going on and what you're wondering about [emoji4]

thank you. my surgery is July 31. getting really nervous. I have work packing hospital stay all on my mind

Sent from my SM-J700T using BariatricPal mobile app

I was very nervous and overwhelmed in the weeks just before my surgery - which shocked me because I had been planning for it and waiting for it for nearly 10 months! But, figuring out coverage for work and all of the plans for those weeks right after surgery was a lot to deal with. Just take it one day at a time and remember all of the reason why you are doing this surgery. Make a list of the things you are looking forward to after surgery/weight loss. Take good 'before' measurements and pictures. And take lots and lots of deep breaths :) You'll do great!

I was very nervous and overwhelmed in the weeks just before my surgery - which shocked me because I had been planning for it and waiting for it for nearly 10 months! But, figuring out coverage for work and all of the plans for those weeks right after surgery was a lot to deal with. Just take it one day at a time and remember all of the reason why you are doing this surgery. Make a list of the things you are looking forward to after surgery/weight loss. Take good 'before' measurements and pictures. And take lots and lots of deep breaths [emoji4] You'll do great!

thank you. that's a great idea

Please dont feel alone. Sorry if your questions werent answered. We are here to help. My gastric bypass is on July 17. I feel both happy&anxious. There are great people on this forum. Are you going to re list your questions. Sometimes we get distracted and takes time for us to respond. This forum has been a blessing to me. I pray it is for you too

Sent from my LG-H811 using BariatricPal mobile app

Please dont feel alone. Sorry if your questions werent answered. We are here to help. My gastric bypass is on July 17. I feel both happy&anxious. There are great people on this forum. Are you going to re list your questions. Sometimes we get distracted and takes time for us to respond. This forum has been a blessing to me. I pray it is for you too

what to pack
is there a special Shampoo I can use for my hair
I am a diabetic worried about how my body will react
I am worried I won't eat anything good again

I just packed my cell phone and charger, chapstick, pony tail for my hair and my bipap machine. You're only there one or two days so you won't be showering. I didn't want to over complicate things by bringing too much. They had me where their slipper socks while I was there and hospital gown, you don't want to get bodily fluids on your own clothes anyway. I felt like poo and didn't even touch my cell phone until I was ready to leave anyway. Spent most of my time walking, and staring at the clock and trying to sip sip sip. And dozing off in between.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app

what to pack

So far what I have been reading & also from what my doctors office suggested were the following: cell phone & charger& slippers&housecoat&loose fitting clothing& medicine list&pillow&neck pillow&paper&pen to write with&your hygiene & beauty items& cpap(if you use one).. So far thats what i will bring. I regards to hair shampoo that would be a question to ask your doctor.

So far what I have bern reading & also from what my doctors office suggested were the following: cell phone & charger& slippers&housecoat&loose fitting clothing& medicine list&pillow&neck pillow&paper&pen to write with&your hygiene & beauty items& cpap(if you use one).. So far thats what i will bri g. I regards to hair Shampoo that would be a question to ask your doctor.

do I have to remove my body jewelry and mail polish

I think from what i remembered in nutrition class our nurse stated it would have to be removed. I didnt hear anything about removing nail polish but I stopped wearing polish one month ago because I developed an allergy to nail polish. I would ask your doctor if that is necessary. Does anyone know if nail polish needs to be removed before surgery? Good question

54 minutes ago, smiles01 said:

what to pack

Sorry some of your questions werent answered.

what to pack
is there a special shampoo I can use for my hair:

I packed a ton of stuff and never used most of it. I wore the hospital gown and walked around in the little booties they provided even though I had brought my own stuff. You won't feel good, so you won't care. the biggies are a phone, charger, ponytail and chapstick. Make sure to ask them for the little mouth sponges and a cup of Water. You can't swallow, but you can swipe them around your mouth. I made good use of the little push button for pain meds and slept a lot in between the nurses taking me for strolls. You're out of there the next day and can shower when you get home.

I am worried I won't eat anything good again:

You will need to change your relationship with food and will need to change your definition of "good". Once you get past the post-op recovery and pureed stage, there are so many delicious foods that are also healthy - you never need to be bored. Also, your new tiny stomach won't be screaming at you to eat all the time. You will need to let go of junk food, sweets and white carbs - they were fake friends anyway.

Good luck next month!