Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am currently four months post op. I and able to eat a lot more than I thought I would be. I can eat a boca burger and a half a cup cottage cheese for a meal. I feel satisfied and I'm not full. To you WLS veterans out there, does this seem normal? It almost makes want to go and ask the surgeon to take more stomach out.

I am currently four months post op. I and able to eat a lot more than I thought I would be. I can eat a boca burger and a half a cup cottage cheese for a meal. I feel satisfied and I'm not full. To you WLS veterans out there, does this seem normal? It almost makes want to go and ask the surgeon to take more stomach out.

How are you feeling? How much weight have you lost?

Is it in a bun? I'm 3 months out, so I'm no expert. I was just wondering how much your able to eat .

Edited by Please

6 months post op here. I have found I can eat more than I thought I would be able to- but can and do are different. That isn't meant to sound snotty or rude.
For me I am still adjusting to being ok with being ok when I eat- adjusting portions and my mindset about food.

How do you relate to food emotionally? That has been an eye opener and huge adjustment for me.

6 months post op here. I have found I can eat more than I thought I would be able to- but can and do are different. That isn't meant to sound snotty or rude.
For me I am still adjusting to being ok with being ok when I eat- adjusting portions and my mindset about food.

How do you relate to food emotionally? That has been an eye opener and huge adjustment for me.

I stick very close to a low carb diet. I haven't eaten any bread, Pasta, rice, potatoes, corn or sweets or sugary drinks/booze since my surgery. I drink my Water. So, I definitely am sticking to the diet and I average 18,000 steps a day. I do look forward to eating and I eat until I'm satisfied. I over ate 2 times early on and felt like I was going to die so...some people I know eat like 3 bites and are full?!? What's going on? Maybe I chew better??? Or my stomach is bigger?

4 months and 50 lbs is huge. Keep making healthy choices and you'll continue to do well!

Thank you. I was a major over eater prior to my surgery, so it scares me that I'm eating too much. Other patients I know eat 4-5 bites and are full. I was like that like 2 weeks post op. Ughh

Thank you. I was a major over eater prior to my surgery, so it scares me that I'm eating too much. Other patients I know eat 4-5 bites and are full. I was like that like 2 weeks post op. Ughh

Hang in there. The stomach isn't going to stay at a stage where 4 bites is sufficient. Just make good choices. That's all you can do!

Hang in there. The stomach isn't going to stay at a stage where 4 bites is sufficient. Just make good choices. That's all you can do!

I stick very close to a low carb diet. I haven't eaten any bread, Pasta, rice, potatoes, corn or sweets or sugary drinks/booze since my surgery. I drink my Water. So, I definitely am sticking to the diet and I average 18,000 steps a day. I do look forward to eating and I eat until I'm satisfied. I over ate 2 times early on and felt like I was going to die so...some people I know eat like 3 bites and are full?!? What's going on? Maybe I chew better??? Or my stomach is bigger?

Amazing weight loss and you are kicking butt on your steps- maybe the increased activity is a factor. There are some days I can't eat more than 4-5 bites of a meal and some days I would eat the plate if I could [emoji23] and I find that happens with the same meal so it isn't that i like or dislike one more.
If your weight loss is steady then unless you are worried about it don't sweat it. Each of us is different.

Amazing weight loss and you are kicking butt on your steps- maybe the increased activity is a factor. There are some days I can't eat more than 4-5 bites of a meal and some days I would eat the plate if I could [emoji23] and I find that happens with the same meal so it isn't that i like or dislike one more.
If your weight loss is steady then unless you are worried about it don't sweat it. Each of us is different.

Thank you for your input. Thanks for the encouraging comments as well. I do stall quite a lot but I was a lower BMI case so my Doc told me to expect the stalls.

I've lost 50 lbs.

I think you are doing well! This is our new normal and for me, I don't plan to live a life that's boring or completely miserable when it comes to my diet. That being said, I make changes I can live with. So far so good! I can do half of a bunless burger during a 20-30 mins meal and I'm satisfied. I've even had a few bites of cake at a party. It didn't even go down well. I felt full fast & was ok knowing I didn't go overboard.

Do I sometimes want more? Yes, but I think it's just old behaviours and I push past it. After my timer goes off, I'm sipping a sugar light drink, or sugar free slushy and I'm happy.

You are doing fine! Just relax and enjoy the journey to a new normal.