Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 1 pre-op down, 13 more to go! Surgery day 7/3/17!!

Finished day 1 of liquids. I survived! Actually it really wasn't that bad. 3 premier shakes and what felt like a fresh lake of Water. I'm not crazy, I know this was only day 1 and it's going to get harder as the days progress. I'm most concerned about this weekend, to much time, I need to stay busy. During the week I am typically crazy busy at work and the evenings go by fast. I just need to get through this weekend and I feel/hope that the next week I will be ok. The end of the month is a crazy week at work for me. Saturday 7/1 I figure I'll run errands and pack because I get out of dodge and fly in to San Diego Sunday morning. I figure a 4 hour flight and spending the day in Tijuana will take my mind off of food, I hope lol. I am so glad I stopped my Diet Pepsi addiction over a week ago and I feel fortunate that I had no withdrawals from it. Looking forward to meeting my surgery buddies and 🙏🏻 for each of us to have easy and fast recoveries! I'm excited with anticipation and a little nervous.....

I did my first day today also. I was fine until this evening. I'm feeling quite hungry in waves. I've heard just the first three are bad.

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-268

5 minutes ago, alcn1derlnd said:

I did my first day today also. I was fine until this evening. I'm feeling quite hungry in waves. I've heard just the first three are bad.

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-268

Congrats! I really believe I drank so much Water that it helped. Good luck!

10 minutes ago, Angelcharm said:

I am also scheduled for July 3. Day 1 was not bad at all

Yay! Here's to an easy pre-op!! Good luck.

😉 Good Luck With surgery next month!! Pre-op will go fine I will pray for you😜🙏🏽 You Got This 🐣🦋

I was going to send you a message and see how your first day went. I'm glad it went well :) I have tried to kick the soda habit as well (for me it's diet coke). I guess in my head I thought of it more as a "treat" than anything...so I learned that anyway. I'm here if you need any support or just someone to talk to! I look forward to seeing you!

Not hungry and lost 5.5lbs which is a plus. My intestines hate which sucks.

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-268

8 hours ago, samantha814 said:

I was going to send you a message and see how your first day went. I'm glad it went well :) I have tried to kick the soda habit as well (for me it's diet coke). I guess in my head I thought of it more as a "treat" than anything...so I learned that anyway. I'm here if you need any support or just someone to talk to! I look forward to seeing you!

The need for soda was in my head. About a week before I gave it up I reduced down to one a day. Then I went cold turkey almost two weeks ago. Thankfully when I stopped I had no headaches whatsoever I did start taking B12 for some energy because I noticed I was dragging. I had MAJOR head hunger last night and almost convinced myself I could have some salmon;but, fortunately I didn't cave, I just went to my bedroom and watched TV LOL. I know I can't do it for the next week and a half but if I have to I will LOL. I know, we're going to be in Mexico in no time. Really looking forward to meeting you as well. I'm here too if you need support. 😊

Edited by Here_I_Go_Again

4 hours ago, Angelcharm said:

Hi guys,

how is everyone hanging?

So far so good! How about you?

On 6/19/2017 at 10:32 PM, alcn1derlnd said:

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-268

Yes I think 2 in the evening was hard. When I'm at work I don't seem to have an issue, it's when I'm at home. Evenings are so hard I may just have to live in my bedroom for the rest of the next two weeks LOL

2 hours ago, alcn1derlnd said:

Not hungry and lost 5.5lbs which is a plus. My intestines hate which sucks.

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-268

Hungry at night so I know it's head hunger!!! I also weighed this morning and I lost like 6 lbs. I need to get my Protein intake up! Drinking dinner shake early tonight since the last 2 I haven't.

How did everyone do over the weekend? We went to the beach and there was food festival [emoji45]. I kept to the diet though and had fun playing with the kids.

HW-292

SW- date 6/29/17

CW-261.8

I was shocked but it was very easy. Once I got over the hump, I've been good and no cravings. I've been trying to keep the surgery a secret from my 11 yr old daughter and she still doesn't know, she thinks I'm just dieting. But wow she notices I'm not eating. She's such a worrier, I don't need to have her worrying and the extra stress. I'll cross that bridge after. 😊 🙏🏻 the rest of the week is this easy! So happy to hear you had no problems either. 🎉