Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

I actually didnt have to start until yesterday 2/19 so Valentines Day I enjoyed my meal. Its Optifast and clears from now til March 4th.

Hugs and prayers for all you "newbies"!!!!!

God is sooooo good!! He knows the desires of our hearts and will grant them to us!

What brings such a warm fuzzy to my heart is knowing that where two or three are gathered in his name (right here on this site) there I am in the midst of them!! GOD IS HERE!!!

{{hugs}}

wombat

Hallejulah!!! I found you guys! I actually posted somewhere else and they directed me back to you guys! Just banded on February 13th 25.5 pounds gone! 95 more to go! I would love to join this thread again since I was part of it pre-surgery! I thank God for getting me thru the clear liquid phase with absolutely no desire to eat! Glad to be back!

Good afternoon everyone,

Welcome ALL "newbies". It so cute to see the "I found you"s. I was just as thrill to have found this thread as well. I know that we can read all the other threads and learn, but it's something about coming here, feels like I really belong and I can praise God and share his good news. Like Wombat said, a fuzzy feeling:smile:.

I am thankful today my job (payday was yesterday,LOL). He gives me the strenght to get up, get dressed, drive safely, and meet the students, smile in spite of the ones that get on my nerves, LOL.

I just had one asking me to do his work, I told him no and he asks me, "what would Jesus do"? Okay, so now it's bible study time. LOL :tongue2:

Stay focused and be blessed

Welcome to allensforJesus! :grouphug:

It's great to see so many people on this thread! I, too, feel like this is the best thread on the whole site because I feel like I belong here. I do enjoy reading selectively through some of the other threads, but this is the one where I feel like I have met new friends and am able to really get to know people a bit. :biggrin2:

tink128, I'm glad you found your way back. It sounds like you have already been banded??? How are things going for you? I'm just getting mentally ready for the liquid pre-op phase and not looking forward to it at all!!! :) But, as Henry Ford said, "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal". I need to keep my eyes on the goal :w00t: and take it one day at a time. Prayer will help me through those days.

2bmeagain, Paydays are heavenly, aren't they! I just got paid this week as well :thumbup: What a relief!

Have a great evening everyone. I look forward to hearing from everyone tomorrow!

Hi there! I have been lurking on several threads but didn't find this one till tonight, go figure. I am from Washington (the state) and was banded last May. I am a mom of six kids, three daughter-in-laws and two soon to be born grandchildren. My losing is going very slow these days but I figure it is going off the way it went on. I substitute teach at a christian school and I am there this time of year almost eveyday either teaching or doing stuff for auction. I feel so much better about myself even though I still make bad food choices sometimes. I feel like Satan had such a stronghold over this part of my life and with the help of surgery I can get him behind me!!!

Hi everyone,

I am a Christian also, and just stumbled across this "thread" whatever that is. I am very new to all this, and not very discussion board savvy. I am just beginning to get things going with my banding procedure, and really need the support. I feel more comforable knowing there are brothers and sisters out there to support me. Please somebody, tell me how I can find you all the next time I log on?!:thumbdown:

Thanks and Blessings

Debbie

Diamond,

We will pray that all will go well with your banding -- it's the best gift God ever gave me for my health. I was banded in Mexico two years ago, after much prayer, and have lost 120 lbs. -- never to regain it -- praise the Lord! I feel so much better... I just can't explain the joy and how this has turned into a ministry for me... helping people live healthier lives. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Little Debbie - when you go on to the main page on lapband.com just scroll down till you find special Interest Lap-Band Support Groups. Look for Religious Bandsters, then Christian Bandsters. Just click on each of those as you get to them and you will get here. An easier way though is below the reply box is a forum jump box on the lower right hand side. Hit the down arrow and scroll almost to the bottom and you will see us.

Hey brothers & sisters,

I recently attended a lapband seminar on 02/01/08. Bariatric surgery for morbid obesity is covered by our insurance company, else I wouldn't even consider it.

After watching the lapband commercial (or as I call it the 1 Peter 5:8 commercial). I kept thinking "She sounds just like me--always hungry." However, NOW as I am talking to other friends of mine, their universal question is"Are you comfortable with that?" So NOW I am having a little doubt about the procedure. I haven't yet been scheduled for consulations with dieticians/therapists/surgeons ETC. I WANT to have the surgery so that I will be a more productive temple for the Holy Spirit to dwell in AND so that I will be around for my husband & two PRECIOUS children. Both my son & daughter have a diagnosis of autism so I need to live to be 200, at least!!!

Will you join with me in prayer to make the right decision? May HIS will be done.

grace & peace

m

I will definitely join you in prayer because that's exactly what I did before having my band done. I prayed earnestly from God to help me find a way to pay for it if it be His will. I have two small children -- 7 and 5 (who is speech challenged) and I need to live to be at least 150 to raise them. The band was the easiest thing I've ever done to get healthier and has really become a ministry for me... in my church and in my community. I've lost 120 lbs. -- never to gain it back -- and I feel so much better. I even ride bikes with my children now!

Hello all!

My prayers go out to all those considering the band right now. I prayed for almost 3 years for this band. The first time my ins denied and denied again on appeal but this time everything went so well, that I knew God was behind it and in total control. My only regret is not having it done sooner. I am 30 pounds down already and I was just banded on 2/13. Its so nice to be able to be full just on a shake. Will let you know how I am doing as the weeks go on. God Bless you all and remember He is our strength!:)