Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Christian bandsters

Welcome Todd!! Congratulations on getting your date set! I was a little nervous going into it since it was elective. But, trust in God that nothing can happen that He does not allow. AND, all things work for good for those that are in Christ Jesus.

(I'm horrible at quoting scripture verbatim - but I got the jist of it!)

My prayers are with you!

<><

Geneva

Hi Scott, I think what you are feeling is is pretty normal with this or any surgery.

Lord, I ask that Scott have Your peace and that You give the doctors wisdom during his surgery, guide their hands and protect him from all evil as he goes through this surgery, Give him peace that passes all understanding. Take away his fear and help him to be calm about this surgery. Let his life be a witness to who You are.

I also ask that you bless every person in this thread and I thank you for them that we are able to fellowship in this way. I ask this all in the precious and mighty name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus,

Amen

In Him,

Alfie

Todd,

Welcome and good luck on your journey. Always remember that no question is too silly. We've all been where you're coming from!

Cindy

Hello Everyone,

I am getting banded next Wednesday. I have been reading everyone's posts for a long time now and I have done 2 years of research on this thing. I need to loose 100 to 120 pounds and I am trusting that this is the best way to do it and keep it off. The closer I get the more anxious I am. I feel pretty sick over it now so I can't imagine what next week will be like. I am sure this is normal and I will be just fine once it is done. I would love to have lost 80 pounds by next July...beach vacation. I will be asking a lot of questions...I am apologizing up front.

Thanks!

Todd

Welcome, Todd! It sounds like you've really done your homework on this. I pray you will be able to relax and cruise through this! It's not a difficult surgery and I'm a lot older than you. My surgery was 7/20/07. I started a pre-op diet in early June and since then I'm down 47 lb. I've had three "fills", the 3rd yesterday and I feel I have pretty good restriction at this point. I'm very pleased with how things are going and I'd do this again in a heartbeat! I just wish something like this had been available when I was your age!! There have been some sacrifices.. I had to give up my Diet Coke and carbonated beverages, but nothing I can't live with.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to and certainly no need to apologize. We're here to support one another! God Bless!

This is a wonderful site! I'm glad I found ya'll! I will be having my surgery on Nov.6 in Birmingham, Al. I have also questioned whether this is God's will. I have prayed for His guidance and stength. I feel very confident that God has His hand on this surgery. Every day I am feeling more and more confident and excited. I know the devil has tryed to make me question and worry about whether this is the right thing to do. But I'm doing my best to leave it in God's hands. Thanks for all the prayers! HoneyB

Hi HoneyB,

I'm thinking that we all, as Christians have questioned whether God is in this. I am so happy about this thread because to be honest, I thought I was the only one thinking like that. It's nice not to be alone and to know that it is a valid concern yet to be able to get insight from our brothers and sister in Christ as to their experiences.

In Him,

Alfie

Ginny - Today is the big day! My prayers are with you. I'm certain the Lord will bless you for your past attempts & final commitment to being healthy!

May God be with you every day on this journey!

DEar Ones in Christ,

I am HOME!!! Got home at 2 pm after a 10 am surg. I am doing very well...very little pain. No nausea or coughing etc after surgery which has been a probem for me before. God is good!!!!

I AMMMM a little hungry though....will have some more juice and a Jello.

Thanks. God bless us all!!!

Ginny - Today is the big day! My prayers are with you. I'm certain the Lord will bless you for your past attempts & final commitment to being healthy!

May God be with you every day on this journey!

Wow, firebolt, thanks so much for remembering and for speaking truth into exactly what my issues are....being forgiven for failing in the past! I REALLY needed that!

I am home and doing very well. The air pressure from the gas is a bit aggravating but nothing I cannot handle. I could have even walked around the neighborhood trick or treating but did not.

Hugs!

Ginny

hello,im gail,what a great thread for christians to share with oneanother,i find it upsetting and frustrating people in there threads/messages who use god or missionaries in a negative way,i dont feel these people have made personal commitmeant to follow christ,wich to me,is the only way[to accept christ into our hearts to belive in him and the sacrifice made for all of us,to repeant our sins]im in w.a,and we have just started going to the church of christ in york,so as we live around an hour from there,it takes awhile to make new friends.i finde it hard to stick to things with the lapband,i just keep praying god will give me the strengh and support i need to be where i want to be.thanks.gail;)

Hello!!

How is everyone today? We had an awesome time at our pastors house. We called it Hallelujah night. We gave candy but passed out tracks too! Some people even accepted the Lord! It was really awesome!

I was around a ton of sweets, Cookies, brownies, pies, nachos, chips and all I had was a small plate of chips.

God is good!!!

hello,glad your home safe,was just wondering when you asked if anyone else had a hieta hernia[i havent]what exactly that was?

im glad you are recovering well,i stressed when i went in for my op/fear the worst/but i know god loves me and whatever happens is in his hands,he knows begining to end.i think at times in our busy lives,we dont always praise god for all the little things[we often tend to ask for more rather than thankfull for what we have]we are very blessed to have a loveing father.i think some non believers cant comprehend how great gods love and power is,that if we come to him in prayer,no matter what we have done,he loves and forgives,and to really understand gods sacrafice so we can be forgiven.[i dont feel if i only had 1 son if i could have crucifyd him to take on the words sin,i dont belive any one could,but its gods plan/purpose]thankyou jesus for dieing on the cross for me and gods children.

I di dnot have a hiatal hernia, but have read where others have. It gets in the way of the surgery, so it is not uncommon for them to repair it as well, but no, I didn't have one. Praying for a quick recovery for you!!

Babygotback - sounds like you had a fabulous evening! I am not very outgoing so witnessing is something that is VERY hard for me to do.

Snappy - prayers for you!! I'm so glad that you are doing sooo well after surgery.

Geneva

<><