Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks out n slaying!

6 weeks out yesterday and I couldn't be happier!!

I don't have any pics yet but thought I would share some of my sleeve adventure for those on the same road or those considering this surgery.

The Wins!

1) 17.1kgs down at 6 weeks out mark (37.7 lbs)

2) My fat feet/cankles have shrunk - down 2 buckles holes on the work shoes!

3) Fat clothes I hated being given away to charity

4) Fitting into clothes I haven't worn in easily 5 years

5) Energy levels are great and sleeping well

6) All this extra time in hand now to do stuff! I'm not eating or thinking about what my next meal will be or thinking about food at all really

7) Snoring reduced significantly

8) Had terrible heartburn prior to surgery - NONE after!

The strange head stuff I wasn't super prepared for:

1) Going from craving breads/carbs/sweets to craving meat and cheese Like never before

2) Regretting going out because buying a meal is just a waste of money. This NEVER EVER was a problem before - there was never anything left on the plate!

3) Looking forward to exercise - umm wtf? This just cannot be right

4) Staying the same number on the scale for 3 weeks but centimetres lost from my body

5) Not being able to stand sweet things. I used to love lollies/candy/cake. Now even the smell makes me feel quite nauseous

6) Forcing myself to eat when really I could skip a meal and not be concerned

7) Taking 30mins to eat something I previously would have scoffed in 2-3 mouthfuls

Overall I just wish I hadn't delayed this surgery at all. I was a lucky person with minimal pain, no reflux and easy recovery.

My only concern right now is the keloid scars I have from the wounds. I'm a very fair caucasian female now with thick red ropey scars. Currently trying CircaCare collagen Patches on them to try and reduce the redness and raised look. Will share my before and after pics if it works well as might help others. I did know this was a risk with my skin before going in, and to be honest, even if they don't go away, I don't really care as everything else is working out well.

Hoping to be under 100kgs, and lost over 20kgs for my birthday at the end of June!

I Celebrate your success! Keep it up.

Whoohooo! Love it! [emoji173]️

I am a carboholic. Not sweets so much but Pasta, potatoes, bread, etc.

One of the biggest things I pray for as a diabetic is that this surgery will reduce my addiction to these destructive foods.

Your post is quite encouraging. Congratulations.

That's great! I love reading these stories:1312_thumbsup_tone3:

Congrats on your success! I haven't had my surgery yet, just 5 days away. However, 8 years ago I had a breast reduction which left me with thick red scars. Fast forward to today and you can hardly see them. I'm sure yours will heal well with time too :)