Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I went to see my doctor today and he really made me feel like I'm doing this all wrong he says my weight loss isn't good enough I need to eat more what am I doing wrong can somebody give me some insight

The same things I am doing wrong. I am most 4 months out and still only get 600-800 calories a day. This low is just not sustainable. I am working hard to increase to a Little over 1000 each day but I have no hunger and great restriction. Keep plugging away at it. Add in a couple more Snacks.< br>
I haven't lost much in the last month. Looking back at my journal tells me the story. I do not get all my Protein everyday, I am not eating enough and I really need to push myself to get all my Water in.

Honesty with yourself is the key to results. This week I have really rocked it and I'm back on track!

You can do it!

@browngirl89

Did you take any of the suggestions from the last thread you made? Have you changed anything in the past week?

THANKS SO MUCH IM GOING TO THE MARKET TONIGHT WITH MY LIST AND GRABBING ALL MY PRE SURGERY Snacks AND food IM DETERMINED TO GET OVER THIS HUMP GOOD LUCK WITH THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEY

1 minute ago, OutsideMatchInside said:

@browngirl89

Did you take any of the suggestions from the last thread you made? Have you changed anything in the past week?

YES IVE TRIED GETTING MORE IN IT JUST HURTS MY DOCTORS TELLS ME I HAVE TO TRY AND EAT THREW THE PAIN AND IM WORKING OUT TOO MUCH WITH NOTHING TO BURN OFF SO IM GOING TO FOCUS ON THE EATING AND Water PART AND LESS ON THE EXERCISE PROBABLY JUST DO SOME WALKING INSTEAD OF HITTING THE GYM HOPEFULLY THAT WORKS

Hey girl! So I'm 5 months post op and I've lost 102 pounds since surgery. And honestly speaking I hit a stall to like in my third month and I was doing ALL the right things! Exercising and drinking lots of Water. But just like u it was hard to get food in throughout he day. And in the third month I stalled and had like ONE pound weight loss! Smh! When the doctor saw me for my third month check up he told me exactly what your doctor told u. So I planned my meals (NOT BIG PORTIONS) and ate 6 very small meals throughout the day. I did that for 2 weeks and BOOM. 10 pounds shedded right off. Granted exercise is very important...but for the first few months (6 or7) your main focus should be what u eat and your fluids! Best of luck hun! You got this!!

42 minutes ago, Lulu_RNY said:

Hey girl! So I'm 5 months post op and I've lost 102 pounds since surgery. And honestly speaking I hit a stall to like in my third month and I was doing ALL the right things! Exercising and drinking lots of Water. But just like u it was hard to get food in throughout he day. And in the third month I stalled and had like ONE pound weight loss! Smh! When the doctor saw me for my third month check up he told me exactly what your doctor told u. So I planned my meals (NOT BIG PORTIONS) and ate 6 very small meals throughout the day. I did that for 2 weeks and BOOM. 10 pounds shedded right off. Granted exercise is very important...but for the first few months (6 or7) your main focus should be what u eat and your fluids! Best of luck hun! You got this!!

hey thanks this gives me some hope I really appreciate you sharing that with me and 102 pounds down congrats I cant wait until I hit that 100 pounds down mark

You'll get it right!!! I have faith in everyone that decided to take the journey

THANK YOU!

I have to agree with the others. For the first 6 months I would focus more on Water Protein and Vitamins. Not much on calories and working out. Let the food/protein do the work, then later you can always go back to the gym. You'll also notice working out will also open up your appetite, so for now just stick to brisk walking.

I almost 11 months and it took me a while to actually get it. I went from walking to the gym 6 days a week. Now my body is feeling it and my doctor recommended physical therapy. The gym has not helped me lose weight, but it does help with toning and building muscle. Since I'm trying to lose this last 27 lbs soon I'm going to cut back on the gym and up my protein. I noticed I was losing more without the gym.

1 minute ago, nyseness said:

I have to agree with the others. For the first 6 months I would focus more on Water Protein and Vitamins. Not much on calories and working out. Let the food/protein do the work, then later you can always go back to the gym. You'll also notice working out will also open up your appetite, so for now just stick to brisk walking.

I almost 11 months and it took me a while to actually get it. I went from walking to the gym 6 days a week. Now my body is feeling it and my doctor recommended physical therapy. The gym has not helped me lose weight, but it does help with toning and building muscle. Since I'm trying to lose this last 27 lbs soon I'm going to cut back on the gym and up my Protein. I noticed I was losing more without the gym.

THANKS IM DEF GOING DO JUST THAT IM GOING TO THE MARKET AFTER WORK TODAY AND GET ALL THE food AND Snacks I NEED AND THAT I STARTED OUT WITH GOOD LUCK WITH THAT 27ILBS

Thanks!