Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had my surgery dec 16 and dropped the weight quite quick. I was 85kgs now 65kgs. With high BP and medicated with two lots of meds and hypothyroidism..

Off one lot of bp meds and halved the other bp med. hypo hasn't changed still on 200 micros a day

Unfortunately I have developed reflux after the op which is ****...

I have a BMI of 38, but have GERD, and hypothyroid. I am so nervous my insurance will deny me.

I am so ready for this surgery. I hope everything works out for you.

I'm 38 bmi
Hypothyroidism,borderline bp & severe sleep apnea .. my surgeon says I definitely qualify but my thyroid has to get to a normal number to approve surgery normal is a 3-4 .. mine was 13 .. wow I was shocked when I saw that !! !!
Started synthroid 100m 6 weeks ago .. hope it goes down .. I'm hopeful..

5 hours ago, lucky2bfoxy said:

My bmi is 35 but I am fluttering around 33 and 35 bmi.. I was approved for surgery June 7th I also have other issues but

What insurance? I am nervous about getting my approval after all of the legwork and time put in:( It is a shame that I am hoping for a hiatal hernia so I can have that option in case I get a denial!

What insurance? I am nervous about getting my approval after all of the legwork and time put in:( It is a shame that I am hoping for a hiatal hernia so I can have that option in case I get a denial!

I know exactly how you feel! I am 'hoping' for a hernia or gallbladder problem, just in case. And hoping that I'm really 5' 1/2", lol.

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

16 hours ago, rachel_babe said:

did any of your surgeons/insurance say what would happen if you went under 35 bmi before surgery?

My Doctor told me not to worry because he was turning in my weight from my first appointment when I was 36.6 BMI. so that took some stress off. I'm just at 35 BMI now, but started 2 week liquid diet yesterday so I will probably lose more till surgery May 31st. But I'm already approved, thankfully. Its crazy, and sad, that every insurance is different.

Edited by Okie75

20 hours ago, rachel_babe said:

did any of your surgeons/insurance say what would happen if you went under 35 bmi before surgery?

MIne told me that the insurance just doesn't want to see a gain. He also told me not to dip below 35 to be on the safe side but that he would be submitting my initial weight for the approval process.

Hi! I had a BMI of 40 at my highest weight, but managed to get down to a BMI of 36 pre-surgery. Had my sleeve on March 22nd and am now down a further 25lbs. Nearly out of the obese BMI category all together! woohoo!

Hello :)

I started with a BMI of 47.2 (275lbs) but because the process here in Canada is so long, I am now at a BMI of 32.78 (191lbs) and still 3-4 months from surgery. I am a little nervous about getting WLS at a low BMI, but when I started the program I was definitely qualified with a BMI of over 47. I have asked my surgeon, "what if I lose too much before surgery?" he told me that I was already accepted into the program so they can't deny me anymore, and that surgery is still a good option because so many people with my weight history find it comes back with normal diet.

I am expecting the loss to be slower than if I had gotten surgery at 275lbs but I am hoping the lower BMI just means I can recover easier because I am in better health than before.

My BMI is 38.5
Heaviest:266
Weight:246
Height: 5'7"
Getting sleeve June 1st [emoji41][emoji41]

Sent from my S8+ using BariatricPal mobile app[emoji41]