Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Me! I'm BMI of 36.6, with the serious weight-related issues, or, "comorbidity" as they call it, to qualify with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and pre-diabetic. My surgery date is May 31st!

Edited by Okie75

3 minutes ago, lenea said:

Hi my bmi is 36.7. I have my last two appointments next week , then submit to insurance for approval. I'm so nervous they are going to deny me because my bmi is lower

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I was worried about that to, even though I had the comorbidity issues for approval. I talked to my bariatric surgeon and he informed me that the first weight recorded at my first appointment is what they turn into insurance. So my advice would be to ask your Doctor, so you can be sure your qualifications will still be met when turned into insurance. Best of luck!

I was worried about that to, even though I had the comorbidity issues for approval. I talked to my bariatric surgeon and he informed me that the first weight recorded at my first appointment is what they turn into insurance. So my advice would be to ask your Doctor, so you can be sure your qualifications will still be met when turned into insurance. Best of luck!

I don't have have the regular co morbities. I have chronic low back pain, a skin disease that causes sores and urinary incontinence. But my dermatologists is the one who brought weightloss surgery up to me. He said that it would put my skin disease in remission most likely. I have gained weight since my firstvweigh in since I quit smoking. I have insurance through military (tricare) so I'm hoping since they approved the referral to be seen even that they will approve me. Best of luck to you also

6 minutes ago, lenea said:

I don't have have the regular co morbities. I have chronic low back pain, a skin disease that causes sores and urinary incontinence. But my dermatologists is the one who brought weightloss surgery up to me. He said that it would put my skin disease in remission most likely. I have gained weight since my firstvweigh in since I quit smoking. I have insurance through military (tricare) so I'm hoping since they approved the referral to be seen even that they will approve me. Best of luck to you also

Every insurance is different. Sounds like you have things in order. When I started going through the approval process, I just told myself that if it's meant to be, it will be. I wish you all the best!

6 minutes ago, lenea said:

Every insurance is different. Sounds like you have things in order. When I started going through the approval process, I just told myself that if it's meant to be, it will be. I wish you all the best!

BMI is 38, I have my surgery on June 12, paying out of pocket... insurance denied.

My BMI is under 40, was denied twice for a lap band 7+ years ago then finally approved. Now I'm looking to revise... my BMI is back to where I started and I'm worried about being denied. Still have two NUT appts and one surgeon appt before they submit my paperwork. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

I can be your buddy! I have BMI of 38 or 39. No co-morbities. they are testing me for sleep apnea in June. Honestly I hate to say this but gaining 5 lbs to qualify is looking like the other option. its going to be along summer because I cant loose any weight or I wont qualify. go figure! LOL. If all my ducks are in a row I'll be ready for surgery in late August or September but due to my job I cant have time off until October. if its meant to be it will be. remaining patient is very hard for me with this because it would be so Ideal to start now and have time off in the summer to recover. I get the whole 6 month thing, there is no changing it but darn it......I want it now! :)

Anybody else around 35-39 bmi want to be buddies? It is hard finding others who are having the surgery too.

Hi there
Luv to be buddies!
I'm pre op too ..highest bmi 41 but when I met my dr/surgeon was right at 40 now I'm at 38 .. [emoji173]️[emoji106] been on preop diet to lose 8% that's what dr set for me so I can be totally approved...he says they always use highest weight recorded within last year ..every dr is lil different tho ...

I am a 35 w/high cholesterol and BP and major back pain that can only be relieved with weight loss. I am halfway through my 6 month nutrition program. I have to do a nutrition seminar and get an EGD next month. Hoping for surgery in September!