Anyone have lap band out/sleeve in one surgery as outpatient?

15 posts in this topic

Actually I did have my gallbladder removed a few years ago, it was that surgery that started my lap band nightmare. Once they emptied my band for surgery it was never okay again. The bile may have been so bad from not having it, I'm not sure I do know it was so disgusting though. Even though I can still feel where the band was due to scar tissue, I feel like my life is already better. I really suffered and hated that band, I should have had it removed sooner.

Yes on 1 surgery, but I don't think anyone does a sleeve as outpatient. That seems super dangerous!

I stand corrected. There are apparently doctors that do sleeve as outpatient. CRAZY!

Yes, the band/sleeve surgery-in-one was not as big a deal as I thought it would be either. And it was outpatient -- home that night. All my expectations were turned upside down. It was so easy that when I went in for IV 3 days later I asked to confirm that they put the sleeve in. No nausea, able to drink fine. So that was unexpected. But I expected to have more weight loss and haven't so far. That was also unexpected. One month later and I'm the exact same weight as the day of surgery. Although I'm 5'7" and 169 so I guess I'll have to put some effort into it. But still so happy I did it. Without the lap band I would have been up 10 lbs by now.

Actually I did have my gallbladder removed a few years ago, it was that surgery that started my lap band nightmare. Once they emptied my band for surgery it was never okay again. The bile may have been so bad from not having it, I'm not sure I do know it was so disgusting though. Even though I can still feel where the band was due to scar tissue, I feel like my life is already better. I really suffered and hated that band, I should have had it removed sooner.

This is exactly what happened to my band. Was great until my gallbladder decided it was going to be a jerk. Once gallbladder was removed I could only gain weight, not lose.

I hope it keeps getting better for you.