Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

soooo hard....

I did great after surgery...no complaints at all physically....only needed pain med the day of the surgery. I am so happy about this.

I had the surgery on 10-2 and it's now 3 days later and i am just wanted food so bad. Soup is not really cutting it for me. I am not physically hungry.....but very head hungry right now.

I am continuing to pray for everyone this month who's having surgery.......I hope you all have a great experience like myself. I also pray for all those on liquid stage.....it's so hard and I am counting the days to get out of it.

take care.....GBYalways

It is so funny that you started this thread, because I was going to start one like this too! I wanted to know how everyone who had be recently banded were doing on their clear liquid diet?

I was banded on the 3rd and tonight was the first time that I started craving food. I started second guessing my decision to have the banding done: "maybe this wasn't such a hot idea after all." (I am such a whimp!)

I haven't gotten a chance to "drink" everything that has been recommended on the post-op list, because I start to hiccup and then stop.

How is everyone else doing?

10/2 bandster here and I am right with both of you! I'm sooo sick of liquids already! Luckily I get to move on to soft foods (pudding, applesauce, potatoes, thicker soup) tomorrow. I only drank 1 Protein shake today because I just couldn't make myself do it. I cheated tonight and ate 1 green bean from my DD's dinner and I felt sooo guilty after!

cookielover- I remember as I was waking up after surgery telling a nurse "I think I made a big mistake". I was in quite a bit of pain then so wasn't really with it. I know I made the right decision being banded but at that moment, I wasn't so sure!

I noticed you commented that you were in a lot of pain right when waking up after surgery. You are the first person out of the group to mention that. How bad was the pain? Was it the shoulder/chest gas pain or incision pain?

I think to be honest, most of us were (are) in a lot of pain. It's surgery after all. However, I know I'm a little leary about talking about it, since everyone here is getting ready to do this. I don't really want to scare anyone. It's better not to know how everyone's pain was, because everyone will experience something different. My husband was barely in any pain at all. I think if I had seen him hobbling around like I've had to, it would've really made me nervous about doing it myself.

I was banded on 10/1 and did not feel any hunger at all until 10/5. I drank a cup of broth and the feeling went away. I am doing 2 slim fasts per day, plus anything other drinks I want that are non carbonated.

Carrot06 - When I woke up I could immediately feel the gas. I didn't feel the incisions at all. Plus I was nauseated and had a few heaves which didn't help. I am still feeling a little of the gas even today but it's a lot better. The incisions haven't "hurt", they just feel achy today. Sort of like I did a TON of stomach crunches or something!

Everyone reacts differently to surgery. I had my appendix out years ago and woke up soooo sick. I may just be extra sensitive to the drugs or something. This sure wasn't that bad, the gas was the hard part.

MISTYDTX- thanks for the info. I am more worried about the feeling sick part than even the pain. I had one surgery before, and I was asleep, but it was not general anesthesia. I woke up and I was extremely nauseaus! So I am hoping that won't be the case with a new band in.

Not what you're gonna wanna hear, but your body is probably dehydrated and is craving Fluid more than food. I've been where you are and and it will pass and the rewards will be worth this time of head games.

Hugs

I noticed you commented that you were in a lot of pain right when waking up after surgery. You are the first person out of the group to mention that. How bad was the pain? Was it the shoulder/chest gas pain or incision pain?

Waking up from anestesia, mine was not gas pain. I felt like I had been beated up. It was so bad I remember starting to cry then they sedated me...NICE. I didnt feel anything till way later.

I guess it depends on when you wake up, they woke me up before my pain was managed.

carrot: it may be different for everyone...I told the dr to add medicine to the IV since I have been known to throw up after surgery. I made it through, no problem. It is a little sore, nothing even worth complaining about. The worst part for me is the sore throat and scratchy throat - I sound like a man!

All this and my surgery was just this morning!!!

new_me_2008- that is really encouraging to hear things went so well for you. I will make sure and mention to them that I got sick last time I had surgery, so they can head it off early. It sounds like you are doing great- espcially if the sore throat is your biggest complaint. I hope I have your same results. Thanks for the info! :)